• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Does it get better?

#41 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hey "Plot went nowhere" people. Are you daft? The plot went somewhere. Just not where you wanted it. If you think you saw the last of Skinner you cray cray. It was a fine book and took place in the Malazan universe. no one was ruined for me. (Although I was hoping T'riss had a third boob). I looked at the main story as being pretty tied up nice. We even know that Osserc is still alive after pulling his heroics.Saeng is tattooing taints and balls, And we've seen that there is goodness and compassion in the House of Light. Kallor is still alive, and will get to reckon with Silverfox. Hopefully.

But all in all, I think it was a great story, for the change in setting, the idea that the setting IS a character and for the exposure to some ascendants and elder gods we havent seen too much of. And what do we really know of Kazz? Sure he was a great General, but he's been gone a long time and probably has some regrets about the vow. I liked the insight into the Disavowed and thought that was very Malazan thing to do, get in their heads so we can understand their motives. When they ended up at the Stormwall, I thought that was written amazingly well, as a piece of BaB and as connected to Stonewielder.

I think many of you old forum heads have a high level of expectation, though and I can understand disappointment. Perhaps the payoff for these new malazan books is not quite as good as when you were expecting and then read and enjoyed The Bonehunters and/or Reapers Gale. The payoff does not necessarily reward the wait, I suppose.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#42 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

I caved and decided b and b was worth a reread so have been reading it on the train. Its an ok read but nothing memorable so far. I caved and decided b and b was worth a reread so have been reading it on the train. Its an ok read but nothing memorable so far. I caved and decided b and b was worth a reread so have been reading it on the train. Its an ok read but nothing memorable so far.

#43 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

My phone is doubling everything i posted and cutting bits out it seems. Ill edit it and finish the post later.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users