• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan Journey

#1 User is offline   Redwine 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:reading, writing, drawing, photography

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hello Everyone, (I'm tempted to have a geek moment and say "Good news, Everyone!")

I have been venturing in these books for years now. It's really funny how it all started, some 8 years ago. So I was way into polishing my English skills and decided I will read the originals. In general I hate translations and try to read as much as possible originals in the languages I know.
Oh boy, was in for a surprise there. These books are damn hard. They are written in an extremely complex manner. It took quite an effort to imagine most of the characters of Gardens of the Moon, may be except Anomander Rake, but come on, dude's just impressive.
It took me 3 months to read it (I admit with shame). But then it was so awesome, so epic, I started Deadhouse Gates right away. It was harder! And longer and at times during Icarium and Mappo's journey I was just lost. So... left it aside.
This lasted until few months back (so 7 years) when I decided my English skills have improved significantly and I could attempt these books once again. I picked up Deadhouse Gates and just fell in love. I couldn't set it down. Read the whole thing in 3 days time.
So now, between all the other things Ii's time to start Memories of Ice. Same thing happens. I started yesterday and I am currently way over the 1/3 of the book. This series is amazing.
Cheers all. This forum makes it even more interesting, because now, the world can expand.

This post has been edited by Redwine: 28 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

The art of losing isn't hard to master. So many things are filled with the intend to be lost that their loss is no disaster.

#2 User is offline   Tehol the Only 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Welcome to the forum! Gardens of the moon is the first book i've ever read in english so i can really sympathize with you. Well, you have a few thousand pages of awesomeness ahead of you so have fun :p
We are the Vord. Prepare to be assimilated. Furycrafting is futile.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users