Malazan Empire: Cold Days - Quick Tidal's Rolling Spoiler Thread - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cold Days - Quick Tidal's Rolling Spoiler Thread Let's talk about this baby!

#21 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostObdigore, on 05 December 2012 - 05:47 AM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 05 December 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

... are you sure Lacuna's loyalty doesn't just jump to the next guy up in Ace's hierarchy of bad guys?

If there was someone running Ace, would Lacuna know of it and thus have to transfer loyalty to him or her or is she indeed a free agent and now free to glom on with Dresden?

Having surrendered to Harry and since he isn't ransoming her, I'm under the impression that Lacuna is now a vassal of Harrys like Toot is. Harrysworn, if you will.

That's how i took it, but she's sworn directly to him, unlike Toot and the Frozen Pizza Guard who are more or less mercenaries. :)

Also -> You got Santa is Vadderung? I am/was under the impression that he was more of a brother to, and had talked to, Vadderung. That was all Vadderung could to for Harry at the time, so that is what he did. Maybe talked to the Goblin King as well.

I took it as Kringle and Odin were the same person/entity and Kringle was one of the aspects Odin took on as time advanced and Norse worship died out.

View PostSindriss, on 06 December 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

As I see it, Kringle is a figure that Odin uses for when he doesnt wanne to all old god on you, but want to "fit in", which is a funny concept when you think about who is participating in the party. And it enables him to act more free than if he came as Odin.

In the same way, I think that is why he joined the wild hunt as kringle, because it would not be a possibility to join as a powerful old god (i dont doubt that the goblin king knows it is him, but appereances matter). And as Kringle, he can lose to harry without losing respect/face - nobody would buy that if he was odin.

Agreed.

View Postacesn8s, on 06 December 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

Halloween is a time for putting on and taking off masks (which Mantles were implied to part of). I would guess that At the end of Halloween, Kringle puts on the Santa Mantle?

I don't think Odin does the sled/presents thing every year at Christmas, but i think he does draw power from the 'worship'. Considering the power he displayed to Harry back in CHANGES was pretty major, it's unlikely that came from modern-day worship of the 'Norse God Odin' concept.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#22 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

Considering the power he displayed to Harry back in CHANGES was pretty major, it's unlikely that came from modern-day worship of the 'Norse God Odin' concept.

While a good point and it makes sense, we do not know much about the relationship between amount of "worshippers/how known you are" and corresponding strenght of the entity.

I would like to know if Steve have ever tasted anything like the quorl white milk, that knocked the bb's out.

A: Nope, but I gots me a good imagination.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users