Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rant

#1 User is offline   Seatiger 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

Just want to get some stuff off my chest.

I don't like FOD as much as I did many of the other books. I really wish when writing he would just use the names we already know instead of making us guess. there seems to be too many unknowns for me. Too many characters that I would have liked to see in these books. Almost no action..

So that being said we have 2-3 Maybe in this book 2 azath give 2 Andii powers 1 for light 1 for darkness I got this lame idea Korya gonna give shadow to Tulas. Anyone have a better idea as to who will give the power of shadow to Tulas?
Take me as a knife and I will turn in your hand. I swear it.

#2 User is offline   Orlion 

• Captain
  • Interests:Amontillado Tofu.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

View PostSeatiger, on 17 November 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

Just want to get some stuff off my chest.

I don't like FOD as much as I did many of the other books. I really wish when writing he would just use the names we already know instead of making us guess. there seems to be too many unknowns for me. Too many characters that I would have liked to see in these books. Almost no action..

So that being said we have 2-3 Maybe in this book 2 azath give 2 Andii powers 1 for light 1 for darkness I got this lame idea Korya gonna give shadow to Tulas. Anyone have a better idea as to who will give the power of shadow to Tulas?

Could be that shadow will arise from "receiving" both light and dark.

#3 User is offline   Silk 

• Master of the Decks -- Spinning round and Round
  • Group: Bridgeburner

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

and aren't the shake the original claiments to shadow? i.e the race that lives in the shadow of teh tiste prior to the Edur rising and perhaps seeing it as their right....

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

View PostSilk, on 18 November 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

and aren't the shake the original claiments to shadow? i.e the race that lives in the shadow of teh tiste prior to the Edur rising and perhaps seeing it as their right....

Not exactly. When we see them in FoD, the Shake ARE Tiste. They're just members of a 'cult' led by two royals.

It's the royal connection that gives Twilight and the Watch, their descendents, certain powers we see in DoD and TCG, notably the ability to travel to Kharkanas in Kurald Galain.

As far as i can recall, the only connection between the Shake and the Edur lies in Deadsmell's comment that the Shake blood includes humans and all three Tiste races.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

Which maybe means the Shake may not be affected by any of the coloration stuff -- staying natural Tiste color, whatever that is, and making their ability to meld with humans that much more believable? We'll see, but that would be neat.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

I think i speculated in the 'just finished it' thread that the Shake were actually closer to the original Tiste than any of the aspected races, which is nice irony against them ending up as a slave race.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users