• You cannot reply to this topic

What are you doing right now?

#41 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

Holy shit, Lost Marine.

Next up for forum revival should be that teholbeddict lady who outdrank everybody during the Malazan drinkathons.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#42 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

I actually took the liberty to watch Kairo once again before all that. That's one movie I can't quite ever classify. I wouldn't call it a horror film as you're generally not scared watching it... but there's not many films that are as creepy. Best film about loneliness in the modern age I've ever seen or could imagine.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#43 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

View PostGothos, on 17 November 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

Best film about loneliness in the modern age I've ever seen or could imagine.

I thought that was The Royal Tenebaums. But I'll check this one out.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#44 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Morning routine before heading off to Canada for inlaws reunion.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#45 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Just helped a Canadian figure a mixture up because he could not do the conversion for oz./quart/gallons since the metric system had eaten his brain

America, confusing everybody one math at a time
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#46 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

Chillin' at my brother's place taking advantage of the total lack of parental supervision.

Watching anime to all hours.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#47 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Ah, I'm reading The Blade Itself again, having finished Red Country and needing more. Love Glokta.

Visiting my mum, currently drinking wine and waiting for food.. good weekend so far.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#48 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

View PostBriar King, on 20 November 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

Sitting at the theater fixing to watch Twilight movie lol

So do they take your testicles at the door and give them back afterwards, or what?
meh. Link was dead :(

#49 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

Lying on the clean washing because I'm too lazy to fold it.

This post has been edited by Loki: 20 November 2012 - 07:46 AM

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#50 User is offline   Mrs Savagely Wishy Washy 

• unaligned and irremediable
  • Interests:vested.
  • Ugly is the new pretty.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

Reading this:
I regret to report the death on 12 November of Margaret (Peggy) Drower MBE, just one month short of her 101st birthday (I noted her 100th in a Newsletter last November). She studied Egyptology at UCL (diploma and BA) between 1932 and 1935 with Sir Flinders Petrie, the founder of Egyptian archaeology, and Margaret Murray (whose autobiography was entitled My First Hundred Years). She was appointed Assistant Lecturer in the History Department in 1937 by Professor Norman Baynes, who asked her to develop a course on the history of the pre-hellenistic Near East. This established the subject, unique to UCL, as an essential part of historical study; the success of this is shown by the subsequent appointments of Professor Amélie Kuhrt (1979-2009), Professor Karen Radner (2005-) and Dr. Eleanor Robson (2013-). She was Reader in the Department until her retirement in 1979. She then published the still definitive biography of Petrie (1985), combining work on it with presidency of the Egypt Exploration Society. In 1986 she became a Fellow of UCL and was appointed a Visiting Professor in the Institute of Archaeology in 1997, whose students (including its former director, Professor Peter Ucko), she had taught for many years. In 2004 (aged 93), she published a selection of the correspondence between Hilda and Flinders Petrie, Letters from the Desert: the correspondence of Flinders and Hilda Petrie (Oxford: Aris & Phillips). Her family expect to organise a Memorial Ceremony around the end of February 2013.

... and thinking about the fact that this lady lived through almost the whole twentieth century. isn't this absolutely amazing? think of everything that happened in these 100 years and she was there, seen it, experienced it; two world wars, discovery of DNA structure, development of computers, letters to email, moon landing, horse and carriage to cars and airplanes, high speed trains, Churchill, Thatcher, one or two kings before Queen Elizabeth and everything else I forgot. Amazing.

This post has been edited by Miss Savage: 20 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

but are they worth preserving?
'that judgement does not belong to you.'

#51 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

Whenever I see an obituary for a truly elderly person, it always brings the 2008 armistice day parades to mind for me.

The last three surviving combat veterans of World War One were at the service in London, 90 years to the day since the END of the war.

Henry Allingham, Air Force, 112
Harry Patch, Army, 110
Bill Stone, Navy, 108
meh. Link was dead :(

#52 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

View PostMiss Savage, on 20 November 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

Reading this:
I regret to report the death on 12 November of Margaret (Peggy) Drower MBE, just one month short of her 101st birthday (I noted her 100th in a Newsletter last November). She studied Egyptology at UCL (diploma and BA) between 1932 and 1935 with Sir Flinders Petrie, the founder of Egyptian archaeology, and Margaret Murray (whose autobiography was entitled My First Hundred Years). She was appointed Assistant Lecturer in the History Department in 1937 by Professor Norman Baynes, who asked her to develop a course on the history of the pre-hellenistic Near East. This established the subject, unique to UCL, as an essential part of historical study; the success of this is shown by the subsequent appointments of Professor Amélie Kuhrt (1979-2009), Professor Karen Radner (2005-) and Dr. Eleanor Robson (2013-). She was Reader in the Department until her retirement in 1979. She then published the still definitive biography of Petrie (1985), combining work on it with presidency of the Egypt Exploration Society. In 1986 she became a Fellow of UCL and was appointed a Visiting Professor in the Institute of Archaeology in 1997, whose students (including its former director, Professor Peter Ucko), she had taught for many years. In 2004 (aged 93), she published a selection of the correspondence between Hilda and Flinders Petrie, Letters from the Desert: the correspondence of Flinders and Hilda Petrie (Oxford: Aris & Phillips). Her family expect to organise a Memorial Ceremony around the end of February 2013.

... and thinking about the fact that this lady lived through almost the whole twentieth century. isn't this absolutely amazing? think of everything that happened in these 100 years and she was there, seen it, experienced it; two world wars, discovery of DNA structure, development of computers, letters to email, moon landing, horse and carriage to cars and airplanes, high speed trains, Churchill, Thatcher, one or two kings before Queen Elizabeth and everything else I forgot. Amazing.

Wow. That's actually incredible. Talk about a life! I wonder how she felt, having to live through the whole century.

What am I doing right now? Listening to Miracle of Sound create songs that, by all rights, should be in the gosh-darned vidya games theyselves.
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#53 User is offline   Mrs Savagely Wishy Washy 

• unaligned and irremediable
  • Interests:vested.
  • Ugly is the new pretty.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

View PostBriar King, on 20 November 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

That is extrodainary! Just imagine what lays in wait for us if we are lucky to live that long.. Colonizing Mars and Moon? PS20? XBOX 900X? Nintendo Wii U X 3000 sum thing? Holo decks?

... Rocky five - thousand....

That's what's been on my mind since I read this obituary! And if I knew I had that much time, I could start prioritising differently, too....
but are they worth preserving?
'that judgement does not belong to you.'

#54 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

Well, you've lived through the entire 21st Century, so far. It's a start.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#55 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Currently enduring an allergic reaction.

Fun times!

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#56 User is offline   Overactive Imagination 

• High Fist

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

Listening to Rush.. enjoying it... not wanting to go to school. fack.

#57 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

At work, but listening to the latest Serena Ryder album streaming off the CBC website and enjoying the shit out of it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#58 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Catching up with Castle season 5
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#59 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

View PostLoki, on 21 November 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

Currently enduring an allergic reaction.

Fun times!

That's what you get for licking Equadorian llamas out of season.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#60 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Women
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

waiting for civ 5 gods and kings to download...its on a sale, and everybody in the whole world seems to want a copy!

Damn you steam, damn you straight to hell as its a overwriting civ 5 so I cant even play that while things are chugging away in the background.
souls are for wimps

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users