• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Star Wars MegaThread Movie discussions, announcements, etc

#101 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostBriar King, on 01 November 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

I remembering hearing it out of Fords mouth that he would never do a SW film with Lucas at the helm yrs and yrs ago.

I'm surprised they got got Fischer honestly. She's gonna have to shape up big time. Her EU self is still the skinny spry hot girl from movie just with mostly gray hair, and a Jedi to boot.

I can still hope since the actors are age accurate now they could save most of the EU and film something after the latest series Fate with an all new adventure....

My gf recently saw Fisher's stage show based on her autobio and said that she was much more slender than she used to be...but to be honest I don't mind an older more naturally shaped Leia as it rings more truly to a woman in her 60's.

This was her in January of this year:

Posted Image
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#102 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

View PostBriar King, on 01 November 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

ED: Ive logged back onto Theforce.net. The place is abuzz as you can imagine...

You might even say that there's a great disturbance in Theforce(.net)......
meh. Link was dead :(

#103 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

View PostCocoreturns, on 01 November 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 01 November 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

ED: Ive logged back onto Theforce.net. The place is abuzz as you can imagine...

You might even say that there's a great disturbance in Theforce(.net)......

Attached File  implied-facepalm.jpg (23.15K)
Number of downloads: 0
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#104 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

I logged on theforce.net the second I heard the news about this and it barely worked - I think most the users tried logging in.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#105 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Bieber is better than Bach.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#106 User is offline   KallorsUnusedMoisturiser 

• Corporal

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

Apparently the story will be "totally original, not related to any EU material", and that came from a "Lucasfilm source". Nothing there to back up the claim though, make from that what you will.

Still can't wait though.
"You better watch out pal, I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!"
"You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?"
"....No!"

#107 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostKallorsUnusedMoisturiser, on 02 November 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

Apparently the story will be "totally original, not related to any EU material", and that came from a "Lucasfilm source". Nothing there to back up the claim though, make from that what you will.

Still can't wait though.

Actually that's not entirely accurate. They said it would be "an original story"...not "totally original"...meaning that it won't be a specific EU arc...the distinction is clear as the other solidified thing is that it would in fact "draw" on the EU for characters and ideas...but that it would not be an already existing book or tale.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#108 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

Hmmm, so first official rumour and speculation is out...apparently Disney has a secret big budget sci-fi epic named 1952 in production with Damon Lindelof in the writers seat and Brad Bird (MI4: Ghost Protocol) in the directors chair....and some folk think that 1952 is a cover title like Blue Harvest was for JEDI and that this mysterious sci-fi project is actually Episode VII already in production.

Interesting. Lindelof is decent enough, but I hope if it's him he brings his A game and not his B or C game....but Bird is perfect choice for Director. MI4 was really good and he handles live action big budget with a deft hand.

http://www.theforce....Have_148683.asp

#109 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

I really think the Yuuzhan thingy books are awful material for films. It's been a decade or so since I read them but from what I recall they were utterly depressing, tragic and devoid of a glimmer of hope until about three books from the end?

They're going to make entertainment, not suicide assistance literature.

This post has been edited by Kanubis: 02 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#110 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

They were/are VERY bleak and contain a few of the bigger, more depressing (albeit heroic) deaths in the series...but I think it's bleak for so long because it was 19 books long...had it been 3 books long it would have been the middle book only that was bleak.

You make a very good point though, and that is they could NEVER do the entirety of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion as it stands in the books because of length and emotional drain.

I'm still in the camp that sees them cherry picking things from the EU and making a new story with it.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 02 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

#111 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

I'd love them to do a series based on Stackpole's Rogue Squadron books. Not the for big trilogy, just as a kind of serial thing.

Other than that, I don't know. I don't think they could do it post YV because too much shit has happened by then.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#112 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Yeah, my guess is you won't see the YV at all...you won't even see other storylines from the EU....I think all we might expect is characters and long arcs of those characters....otherwise you won't see much of the same and Disney will blaze its own path....and I'm actually all over that.

#113 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 02 November 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

Hmmm, so first official rumour and speculation is out...apparently Disney has a secret big budget sci-fi epic named 1952 in production with Damon Lindelof in the writers seat and Brad Bird (MI4: Ghost Protocol) in the directors chair....and some folk think that 1952 is a cover title like Blue Harvest was for JEDI and that this mysterious sci-fi project is actually Episode VII already in production.

Blue Harvest was for A New Hope. Revenge of the Jedi was cover for Return.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#114 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 02 November 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 02 November 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

Blue Harvest was for A New Hope. Revenge of the Jedi was cover for Return.

*in a robot voice*: Incorrect. It was indeed for JEDI.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Blue_Harvest

REVENGE was the actual proper working title of RETURN before Lucas decided that "revenge" was not a very Jedi-like trait and changed it to RETURN. It was still called Blue Harvest when they were shooting it.

A NEW HOPE didn't need a hidden production name as no one had a clue what STAR WARS was prior to the release of A NEW HOPE.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 02 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

#115 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Huh. Guess you are right flesh-bag.

Now why did I think that....
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#116 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 02 November 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

Huh. Guess you are right flesh-bag.

Now why did I think that....

I know the answer to this one too: You thought it because the FAMILY GUY Star Wars ep for A NEW HOPE was called BLUE HARVEST...

:p

#117 User is offline   Kruppe's snacky cakes 

• First Sword

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

Attached File  starwars-meme-11.jpg (106.41K)
Number of downloads: 1
I'm George. George McFly. I'm your density. I mean...your destiny.

#118 User is online   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Looks like LucasFilms makes 1/3 of their money from the films. The rest come from other licensing deals.

That's some big time EU/Lego/Videogame money.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#119 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

I just heard on bbc news that the next films will be the Thrawn trilogy.

Or does everyone know that already?

Oh, and that Harrison Ford has been asked, but says no way.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 04 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#120 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Actually, that's quite a mislead statement. If the BBC announced it that way, they are way off base with what is officially known.

EW spoke with Timothy Zahn and what he said was:

"The original idea as I understood it – and Lucas changes his mind off and on, so it may not be what he’s thinking right now – but it was going to be three generations. You’d have the original trilogy, then go back to Luke’s father and find out what happened to him [in the prequels], and if there was another 7th, 8th, or 9th film, it would be Luke’s children. The Thrawn Trilogy really would have fit into the gap"

the bolded section is the key bit...the "gap" being the time between JEDI and Episode VII....basically that Zahn's trilogy always existed only as books because the new trilogy beginning with Episode VII would pick up afterwards.

As much as I want to see Thrawn, I truly doubt we'll get the Thrawn trilogy in film form.

And I'm pretty sure Ford hasn't been officially asked yet, that would be monstrous news and it's not up at any of the news sites.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 04 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

Share this topic:

• 143 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users