• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Star Wars MegaThread Movie discussions, announcements, etc

#2061 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:46 PM

Filming has wrapped.

Nice pic of the 3 leads, Rey has her staff back?

Attached File  IMG_20190216_144246.jpg (82.57K)
Number of downloads: 3

This post has been edited by Traveller: 16 February 2019 - 02:48 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2062 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:01 PM

View PostTraveller, on 16 February 2019 - 02:46 PM, said:

Filming has wrapped.

Nice pic of the 3 leads, Rey has her staff back?

Attachment IMG_20190216_144246.jpg

Boyega's dreads are cool too, and I much prefer triple-bun Rey anyways.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#2063 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:03 PM

View PostBriar King, on 17 March 2019 - 05:15 PM, said:

I’m still trying to wrap my head around why we haven’t gotten a trailer and title yet when we should be getting ready to get a 2nd trailer at Celebration.

So (and I just realized this myself) it turns out that TLJ's teaser trailer debuted in April of that year at Celebration (at a panel), and we got nothing before that barring the title (which dropped in February of that year). So it does kind of line up with how the marketing ramped for 8.

Watching Ep 3.
*sigh
Why did you have to go this computer generated clusterfuck route GL? This looks so horrendous. Aged horribly.

I still adore that movie. It's my second fave in the entire saga. And I don't mind the CGI at all.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#2064 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:16 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 18 March 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

I’m still trying to wrap my head around why we haven’t gotten a trailer and title yet when we should be getting ready to get a 2nd trailer at Celebration.

So (and I just realized this myself) it turns out that TLJ's teaser trailer debuted in April of that year at Celebration (at a panel), and we got nothing before that barring the title (which dropped in February of that year). So it does kind of line up with how the marketing ramped for 8.

Watching Ep 3.
*sigh
Why did you have to go this computer generated clusterfuck route GL? This looks so horrendous. Aged horribly.

I still adore that movie. It's my second fave in the entire saga. And I don't mind the CGI at all.

Mine too, although I didn't always.

(I'd still have loved a few seconds worth of Palpatine in meditation mode at the end though, manipulating the force to drain Padme to heal Anakin. Just tucked nicely between the shots of her losing strength, and Vader gaining it.)

The Matthew Stover novel made me appreciate it more too I think.

It also has one of the best SWs scores.. never mind Duel of the Fates, Anakins Dark Deeds is one of John Williams finest.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 18 March 2019 - 02:29 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2065 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

View PostTraveller, on 18 March 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 18 March 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

Watching Ep 3.
*sigh

Mine too, although I didn't always.

(I'd still have loved a few seconds worth of Palpatine in meditation mode at the end though, manipulating the force to drain Padme to heal Anakin. Just tucked nicely between the shots of her losing strength, and Vader gaining it.)

The Matthew Stover novel made me appreciate it more too I think.

It also has one of the best SWs scores.. never mind Duel of the Fates, Anakins Dark Deeds is one of John Williams finest.

Battle Of The Heroes and The Immolation Scene both randomly pop up for me on Spotify playlists of score music I've made and I'm always so impressed by them!

#2066 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:36 PM

Anakins Dark Deeds perfectly captures his fall, and his turn... it just nails the hero and the tragedy, and the way it builds is really moving. Immolation scene complements it perfectly.

#2067 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:03 PM

Leaked character shots from IX:

Spoiler

And the supposed poster...but I have doubts that this is real because of how shoddy some of the photoshop work is...or at the very least if it IS real, then it's a rough draft version of an eventually much more polished poster. Still, never seen most of these shots (though Poe and Finn do seem to just be from the above character shot leak...take that as you will....but the KoR have never been seen like this....and Threepio lines up with leaks about him carrying Chewie's weapons. Anyways, gaze upon it.

Spoiler

Two weeks now till trailer at Celebration.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 27 March 2019 - 03:06 PM

#2068 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 April 2019 - 05:25 PM

Saw this sticker on the back window of an SUV when driving into work this morning. Isn't it neat?
Posted Image

#2069 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 April 2019 - 05:43 PM

Yes
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#2070 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 05 April 2019 - 07:18 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 27 March 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

Leaked character shots from IX:

Spoiler

And the supposed poster...but I have doubts that this is real because of how shoddy some of the photoshop work is...or at the very least if it IS real, then it's a rough draft version of an eventually much more polished poster. Still, never seen most of these shots (though Poe and Finn do seem to just be from the above character shot leak...take that as you will....but the KoR have never been seen like this....and Threepio lines up with leaks about him carrying Chewie's weapons. Anyways, gaze upon it.

Spoiler

Two weeks now till trailer at Celebration.

Hmm, no Rose?

Looking forward to trailer, not long now!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 05 April 2019 - 07:20 PM

#2071 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 April 2019 - 03:22 PM

So the latest theories/leaks are that Threepio is the Macguffin of IX and that it's an evolving macguffin...spoilered in case it's ACTUALLY accurate. We find out what's true Friday at noon when the trailer drops for IX.

Spoiler

Anyways...

Also, well shit...Maz is in THE PHANTOM MENACE? That's....crazy....

Attached File  gadooshp.png (471.97K)
Number of downloads: 0

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 08 April 2019 - 03:22 PM

#2072 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 08 April 2019 - 03:46 PM

Don't know of you've been watching Resistance, but Leia is based back on the now very old Tantive/blockade runner.

#2073 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 April 2019 - 04:19 PM

View PostTraveller, on 08 April 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

Don't know of you've been watching Resistance, but Leia is based back on the now very old Tantive/blockade runner.

I did not know that (not watching Resistance).

Is it one of the two I mentioned? That would/could tie it in. Like what if it's the III that she's just got back in service?

AFAIK the III was used in the OT by the Rebel Alliance. So it's possible.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 08 April 2019 - 04:23 PM

#2074 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:21 PM

View PostBriar King, on 08 April 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

I don’t think your missing very much at present QT. Even my son finds Resistance boring as fuck. It is extremely kidifide compared to CW and Rebels. I find myself cringing when certain movie characters appear but tbf I cringed at them in Ep7 to. I’m several episodes to go still in latest half.

I don’t even recognize this shit as Filoni honestly.

I don't think it IS Filoni, as I think he was off doing Clone Wars S7 (which we will hopefully also see a trailer for this weekend)...

Things I'm excited for MORE than IX in order.

3. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order video game
2. The Mandalorian tv series
1. The Clone Wars S7

#2075 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:01 PM

Scuttle around Celebration is that the title of IX is THE WILL OF THE FORCE....which I like, and HAS CONNOTATIONS

We find out tomorrow...

Also, if Qui Gon is a narration voice saying one of these lines in the trailer, I will be REALLY impressed.

#2076 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:55 PM

I can't believe all those lucky bastards just arriving at celebration!

Was kinda hoping the new title would end the sentence started with 'The Force Awakens the Last Jedi..' but I guess the Will of the Force would be good. From what I've read, episode IX will have some strong links with the prequels, which can only be good.

#2077 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:43 PM

IX panel begins in 20minutes.

Youtube has the livestream.

Expect the title and trailer within the hour.

EDIT: Linkage to the livestream

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 12 April 2019 - 03:55 PM

#2078 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:27 PM

View PostBriar King, on 12 April 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

Ugh Colbert.

Yeah, that's a weird choice.

#2079 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:31 PM

Billy Dee, looking good for 82!

#2080 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:14 PM

THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

(I think that's ReySky confirmed folks)

and that was the goddamned EMPERORS laugh at the end. Holy SHIIIIIIIT!

Share this topic:

• 143 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users