• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Star Wars MegaThread Movie discussions, announcements, etc

#41 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

I'm no giant.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#42 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

I find it difficult to get excited for this. While the fact that the best Star Wars films were not directed by Lucas (V and VI) gives me hope, I just know they're gonna approach them as action features when they should be more character-driven affairs (though not without action of course).
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#43 User is offline   King Lear 

• Une belle quelquesomething sans merci
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

I'm a giant though!
*Men's Frights Activist*

#44 User is offline   King Lear 

• Une belle quelquesomething sans merci
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:22 AM

And Worry's not a troll, he's just snarky :The Force:
*Men's Frights Activist*

#45 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

What is a troll? Someone should start a thread about that question.

#46 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:30 AM

considering how disappointing the avengers was using it as an example of how Disney will save SW universe is a bad idea.

New star wars, were nobody dies or is hurt ever.

Ever

#47 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

Lucas already stomped all over our happy memories of the first three. The worst thing that can happen is Disney producing another poor product. Hardly the end of the world.

Might be though that they'll do something like they managed with The Avengers. After all, they're not going to make ocenas of cash on this if they make a poor first attempt. They need to solidify themselves as the new best hope of the franchise if they are to sell merchandise, tickets to future movies, that sort of thing in the sort of quantities they've paid for.

So, I'm not particularly optimistic, but there's hardly any reason to be negative I think.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 31 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#48 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

I demand that Episode VII-IX be based on the Thrawn Trilogy
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#49 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

I'm hoping Disney OK's a battlefront 3 and a new game in the vein of xwing and tie fighter.

Or even a capital ship homeworld-esque game in the universe.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#50 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

So long as they don't force-feed a bunch of Star Wars moral lessons about peace and love and being true to yourself down our throats, I'd actually like to see what they can do. Still doesn't change the fact that I think it'll be a colossal failure. But while they're at it, I wanna see the Jedi Praxeum!
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#51 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

Hasn't Lucas always said that it was a nine episode story, at least since the original movie's title was changed to 'Episode IV'? I always figured VII, VIII and IX would be made at some point, so it must've been mentioned somewhere along the line. I can only imagine that they'll follow his plan for those three <<shrug>>

I wonder what the chances are of Disney releasing the original versions of the original trilogy on dvd/blu-ray? If they did that I'd be happy.

#52 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

View PostObdigore, on 31 October 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

I'm hoping Disney OK's a battlefront 3 and a new game in the vein of xwing and tie fighter.

Or even a capital ship homeworld-esque game in the universe.

Or perhaps a KOTOR 3?

View PostSerenity, on 31 October 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

Hasn't Lucas always said that it was a nine episode story, at least since the original movie's title was changed to 'Episode IV'? I always figured VII, VIII and IX would be made at some point, so it must've been mentioned somewhere along the line. I can only imagine that they'll follow his plan for those three <<shrug>>

I wonder what the chances are of Disney releasing the original versions of the original trilogy on dvd/blu-ray? If they did that I'd be happy.

Maybe I'm being overly cynical, but I'm sure that whatever 'plan' Lucas has for the films after Jedi are the merest formulations of a plot. Hell, he didn't even start writing the script for Episode I until the sets were being built.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#53 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

View PostMTS, on 31 October 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

View PostSerenity, on 31 October 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

Maybe I'm being overly cynical, but I'm sure that whatever 'plan' Lucas has for the films after Jedi are the merest formulations of a plot. Hell, he didn't even start writing the script for Episode I until the sets were being built.

I don't think that's overly cynical, I suspect it's never been more than a basic outline.

ETA: This is worth a read: http://www.supershad...rs/history.html

1975 -- George Lucas conceives of and writes the basic main story of Anakin Skywalker's rise, fall and ultimate redemption with secondary stories involving the adventures of Luke Skywalker, who is the son of Anakin Skywalker. This story becomes too large for one film and Lucas divides the story into 12 Star Wars movie episodes consisting of four Star Wars film trilogies. The first Star Wars trilogy focuses on the life of a young Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars prequel trilogy) while the second Star Wars film trilogy (Star Wars classic trilogy) and the third Star Wars movie trilogy (Star Wars sequel trilogy) focus on Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia, the daughter of Anakin Skywalker.The fourth Star Wars film trilogy is vague and esoteric with a strange plot. It is set countless thousands of years after the third Star Wars movie trilogy (Star Wars sequels). In the mid 1970's, Lucas chooses to make the second Star Wars film trilogy first since it appears to be the most exciting one to film at the time.

This post has been edited by Serenity: 31 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

#54 User is offline   Battalion 

• Emperor

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Is Spock going to be back in this one, do you think? :The Force:
Get to the chopper!

#55 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Uh, The Avengers was so superior to the other Marvel movies that it was ridiculous. I'm not suggesting Disney had much of a hand in that, but come on.

#56 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

If they had had the balls to off someone remotely important then the avengers might have been more tolerable.
I don't get the love for the avengers film, as an action film, eh, it was passable. As a comic book movie, eh, it was passable.
But the love and hype it gets is ridiculous, its nots a great fil.., its a weak story, weakly told, I much prefered the solo offerings.

#57 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

View PostMacros, on 31 October 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

If they had had the balls to off someone remotely important then the avengers might have been more tolerable.
I don't get the love for the avengers film, as an action film, eh, it was passable. As a comic book movie, eh, it was passable.
But the love and hype it gets is ridiculous, its nots a great fil.., its a weak story, weakly told, I much prefered the solo offerings.

Ah, but I think the point is that yours does seem to be the minority opinion and a significant amount of the planet enjoyed it....as it made some serious, crazy bank. The love and hypoe it gets is because everyone is not you sir. :The Force: We actually did love it. Believe it or not.

A couple of other notes...Lucas retains the rights to the original trilogy and the prequels apparently....so I don't think anyone can expect a relenting in the releasing the OT as it was pre-SE...and apparently all Lucas would be for new movies is a creative consultant...which is a bullshit credit anyways....so the good news is that he won't have his fat fingers in the pie and they will be allowed to get some good writers on the thing.

@Stormy: While I'd love to see the Thrawn trilogy done on films...aside from a kickass villain, the overall arc is a little too close to the OT, up to and including a clone of the emperor ect. It's a great tale, but it worked more as the first EU books and for nostalgic reasons with fans (they'd had nothing till then), so I think it would be a tad redundant.

I really think that a NJO series with the kids grown up enough to fight is the best route to take.

But I don't work for Disney sadly.

But yeah, BK is right....give me Anakin Solo on the big screen.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 31 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#58 User is offline   Studlock 

• First Sword

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

All I care about is the current Clones Wars tv show, which is about the only star wars fiction outside of the games I've ever cared about. Yes even the first three movies.

#59 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 31 October 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

Lucas retains the rights to the original trilogy and the prequels apparently....so I don't think anyone can expect a relenting in the releasing the OT as it was pre-SE...

Rats Posted Image

#60 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

WTF, I just read this somewhere else, was in doubt if this was for real, but I guess it is. Well, even though ep IV - Vi were better then I - III, I still kind of liked watching them, especially ep III. For now, I'm curious what they will bring. (Never read or watched EU.)

Share this topic:

• 143 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users