• You cannot reply to this topic

The Star Wars MegaThread Movie discussions, announcements, etc

#2521 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 July 2021 - 02:28 PM

View PostTraveller, on 12 July 2021 - 05:44 AM, said:

View Postparan falcon, on 11 July 2021 - 12:54 AM, said:

I'm a little surprised there's been no comment on the latest Bad Batch episode, ESPECIALLY by Rebels fans. Very enjoyable by our reckoning.

Why isn't there a ded thread? This show is amazing - it looks beautiful, and it's being used to link all the other shows (and even the games) and add more to existing characters from CWs and Rebels.

That ep was a blast, loved the casual meeting between
Spoiler

Agreed on your spoiler.
Spoiler

#2522 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 13 July 2021 - 08:27 AM

View PostBriar King, on 13 July 2021 - 04:34 AM, said:

Well yes it is. She’s in credits.

Also like everyone else in SW she's wearing the same costume later in Mando.

Going to be a big part of The Book of Boba Fett in December too by the look of it.

I rewatched The Rescue last night - so, so good! Followed by episode one and two of Rebels season 4, which has a lot of Sabine, Dark Saber and Bo Katan in them.

Made me wonder why in Mando, Bo Katan refuses the dark saber as she has to 'win' it, whereas she willingly takes it at the request of Sabine and the other clan leaders in Rebels in honour of her sister.

Is that because she lost it in combat/an enemy has it in Mando, whereas previously it was other mandos who pretty much gave it to her? Even so she should probably still accept it from Din.

So much good SWs to watch now, and flipping through connected episodes from the different series is a blast.

I wonder if Filoni/Favreau had the chance, they could make a series like Clone Wars to compliment the ST in a way that would fill in all the plot problems and make them more palatable, in the way they made the prequels so much more watchable with the added depth of CWs and Rebels.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 13 July 2021 - 08:28 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2523 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 13 July 2021 - 11:27 AM

View PostBriar King, on 13 July 2021 - 04:11 AM, said:

Bad Batch ep 9 stuff.
Spoiler

Yes (Didn't scroll down to see you answered your own question)

This post has been edited by paran falcon: 13 July 2021 - 01:12 PM

#2524 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 15 July 2021 - 03:05 PM

Ok that episode where they invade Geonosia near the beginning of season 2 of the Clone Wars is the first episode that I've really loved. That was ace!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#2525 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 17 July 2021 - 02:45 PM

On a whim I've decided to watch Episode II because I couldn't remember a lot of the context for the Clone Wars. I'm planning on watching III after it too.

Enjoying it though I can't help think the voice actor in the animated series is a better Anakin than Hayden Christensen...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#2526 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 17 July 2021 - 09:11 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 17 July 2021 - 02:45 PM, said:

On a whim I've decided to watch Episode II because I couldn't remember a lot of the context for the Clone Wars. I'm planning on watching III after it too.

Enjoying it though I can't help think the voice actor in the animated series is a better Anakin than Hayden Christensen...

Ah, you have begun discovering!

If you can, wait on watching Ep3 till you reach the last 4 eps of the final Clone Wars season. There are people that have blended those final 4 eps into RotS and it adds SO much to the experience. Since I've seen it, it has been redone again to include all RotS deleted scenes and scenes from the beginning of the Bad Batch touching on Order 66. This ultimate edition comes in over 5 hours now, I believe. The version I saw was over 4 hours but it was incredible with the Clone Wars final 4 blended in.

This post has been edited by paran falcon: 17 July 2021 - 09:18 PM

#2527 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 18 July 2021 - 05:14 PM

Ooh sounds good I was just going to watch it after Clone Wars but I like the idea of that. Is there anywhere that tells me how to do it?

Incidentally, where does Rebels fit? Or Bad Batch?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#2528 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 18 July 2021 - 07:10 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 18 July 2021 - 05:14 PM, said:

Ooh sounds good I was just going to watch it after Clone Wars but I like the idea of that. Is there anywhere that tells me how to do it?

To access the version we saw that was just under 4 hours
Spoiler
Keep in mind, if you watch this, you will be seeing the last 4 eps of the CW series within this 4 hours.

Incidentally, where does Rebels fit? Or Bad Batch?

Rebels starts before Rogue One and A New Hope. There are actually a couple easter eggs for Rebels fans in the latter part of RO...

The Bad Batch pretty much starts just before Order 66 so its happening at the same time as the end of RotS and the final 4 eps of the CW series. Which is why watching a 5 hour edit of all of that content blended together is going to happen at some point, at my house...

#2529 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 15 August 2021 - 01:33 AM

View PostBriar King, on 14 August 2021 - 08:12 PM, said:

Finished Bad Batch. Was pretty cool in the end.

Agreed, that two-part finale was really great.

#2530 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 16 August 2021 - 07:21 PM

So the BAD BATCH reintroduced...

Spoiler

They seem to finally be doing what they always should have done in the first place when they tried to continue the OT....follow one Mr. Timothy Zahn.

How are you not freaking out more about this BK?! This is our jam brother!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#2531 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 17 August 2021 - 12:10 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 16 August 2021 - 07:21 PM, said:

Spoiler

They seem to finally be doing what they always should have done in the first place when they tried to continue the OT....follow one Mr. Timothy Zahn.

I missed it — when was that reintroduced? Was it where the Admiral sent the Kaminoans?

#2532 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 August 2021 - 12:42 PM

View PostBriar King, on 16 August 2021 - 10:30 PM, said:

Spoiler

The thought of
Spoiler

Disney fucked up on that front, I think any aspect of
Spoiler

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 17 August 2021 - 12:10 AM, said:

Spoiler

I missed it — when was that reintroduced? Was it where the Admiral sent the Kaminoans?

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 17 August 2021 - 12:51 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#2533 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 August 2021 - 01:15 PM

My sister has been working on this for the last year. Looks pretty cool!

#2534 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 17 August 2021 - 01:28 PM

View PostBriar King, on 16 August 2021 - 10:30 PM, said:

Spoiler

The thought of
Spoiler

So I've only gotten halfway through the Heir trilogy (bogged down in the 2nd book somewhere) and so I missed out on realizing what the mountain in that scene meant. But I felt there was something momentous about the scene and turned to my wife saying "Some truly in depth SW fans out there are losing it over this scene."

Spoiler

I'm STILL going to be wishing for the story of Ezra and Thrawn after the pyrgill whisk them away... Maybe they're holding that back for a "prequel" to whatever comes next with them in The Mandalorian and/or Ahsoka but there were some VERY interesting plot rumors about Ezra and Thrawn in the Unknown Regions...

#2535 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 August 2021 - 03:00 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 17 August 2021 - 01:15 PM, said:

My sister has been working on this for the last year. Looks pretty cool!

Amazing! It looks phenomenal. Can't wait to watch it.

#2536 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 17 August 2021 - 03:49 PM

Im not so sure they're going quite that far down the EU path, although Thrawn is definitely going to appear at some point.

Pretty early on in the development of the new tv shows I remember a statement about the many tie-ins building to a 'significant' story event.

When Nala Se reaches Tantiss, she's greeted by someone in the same uniform as Pershing was wearing, instantly linking it with Mando. With the experiments on Grogu, and now the original clone expert being drafted into the Empire (in a similar 'voluntary' way to Galen Urso in R1) it looks like the current writers are providing a more solid foundation for the weak, disjointed (crappy) storyline in the ST while adding some good new padding to the better trilogies.

I can't be the only person that feels that (whatever your opinion of them) the ST seem like an island, apart from the rest of the SW content. It just doesn't seem to have succeeded in forging a link with the previous movies. Yet.

It's possible that while showcasing Ahsoka, Mando, Fett, Obi wan and the Bad Batch, each series will contain enough backstory to make the Emperor's resurrection plan seem more like a real thing and not just the scribblings of someone who couldn't come up with a better story sudden, dubious return in RoS.

Hell of a way to go about it, but if Favreau and Filoni get to make more of the SW they love, and bring the ST into it all, I'm all for it. I remember how I felt about the prequels before I watched Clone Wars, and how I felt after.. it would be far harder to repeat with the ST but not impossible.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 17 August 2021 - 03:58 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2537 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 17 August 2021 - 04:02 PM

View PostBriar King, on 17 August 2021 - 03:58 PM, said:

ST needs to be trashed and redone.

Yeah but how, and do you think they would? We all know it's balls, but I can't see them cutting it away unless they can come up with a World between Worlds loophole that lets them carry on with the Mando story on a different timeline, continuing into the future, and then leaving the ST as a 'what if.'

Just can't see it happening, more likely current new SW has to try to do its best to justify the existence of the ST in any way possible.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 17 August 2021 - 04:06 PM

#2538 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 August 2021 - 04:10 PM

View PostTraveller, on 17 August 2021 - 03:49 PM, said:

I can't be the only person that feels that (whatever your opinion of them) the ST seem like an island, apart from the rest of the SW content. It just doesn't seem to have succeeded in forging a link with the previous movies.

I think this is something that even Disney/LFL knows at this point. THE CLONE WARS S7, THE BAD BATCH, and MANDALORIAN have been widely regarded as all great SW content, and there's very little dissension amongst most viewers about them. Not so with the divisive Sequels, and I mean all of them, not just the one I despise most. You don't see railing online fights about MANDO, for example. It just is. Disney brass has to notice this fact and that it's much more conducive to the shareholders making money than anything that divides people.

So yeah, I really do think that they are letting Filoni and Co. build something new from the wreckage, and feeding that into the existing universe of the franchise. I also think this is why so much effort was put into the High Republic stuff. It's like they are scrubbing the main timeline a bit to shift it over and tell a new story from a new basis.

Will it incorporate the ST? Oh very probably in minor ways. But think about what all the forthcoming content is:

VISIONS (Elseworlds SW content; the old EU did this)
BOOK OF BOBA FETT (OT content)
ANDOR (OT content)
OBI-WAN KENOBI (PT content)
MANDO S3 (OT/PT content)
AHSOKA (OT/PT content)
RANGERS OF THE NEW REPUBLIC (would have been OT to ST content, but it's been scrapped as far as I know)
ROGUE SQUADRON movie (OT content)
ACOLYTE (High Republic Content)

None of this is aimed at the ST, or getting close to it. Even Luke's involvement with Grogu likely won't bend long enough to do that.

So yeah. I feel like from a business standpoint. They know what butters their bread, and it ain't the ST.

#2539 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 August 2021 - 04:12 PM

View PostTraveller, on 17 August 2021 - 04:02 PM, said:

Yeah but how, and do you think they would? We all know it's balls, but I can't see them cutting it away unless they can come up with a World between Worlds loophole that lets them carry on with the Mando story on a different timeline, continuing into the future, and then leaving the ST as a 'what if.'

Just can't see it happening, more likely current new SW has to try to do its best to justify the existence of the ST in any way possible.

If I could offer a suggestion of what might be happening.

The High Republic, the villains from that, the Mandalorians, and other aspects of the recent content is building a new timeline that we can pay attention to going forward. Like whatever Ahsoka and everyone get up to comes around to take the place of the post TROS Galaxy after having taken pace in the unknown regions or something...you know? Like the old timeline with the Sequels exists and happened, but they shift focus to a new one that gets started by shows like MANDO and AHSOKA and such?

Like as annoyed as I am about it not being Luke when does it...maybe Ezra builds the new Jedi Order?

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 17 August 2021 - 04:15 PM

#2540 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 17 August 2021 - 04:59 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 August 2021 - 04:12 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 17 August 2021 - 04:02 PM, said:

If I could offer a suggestion of what might be happening.

The High Republic, the villains from that, the Mandalorians, and other aspects of the recent content is building a new timeline that we can pay attention to going forward. Like whatever Ahsoka and everyone get up to comes around to take the place of the post TROS Galaxy after having taken pace in the unknown regions or something...you know? Like the old timeline with the Sequels exists and happened, but they shift focus to a new one that gets started by shows like MANDO and AHSOKA and such?

Like as annoyed as I am about it not being Luke when does it...maybe Ezra builds the new Jedi Order?

I like this idea. Build enough of a solid story with OT characters that can run alongside and then past the ST. I'm pretty certain all this cloning content is leading somewhere though.

What seems to have changed after the clusterfuck of the ST and the success of Mando is that the balance is tipping in favour of content provided by the 'new' showrunners (even though they've been producing quality animated shows for years) as live action reaches wider audiences.
Like, whereas content and ideas born in the animated shows (like WbWs) would never have previously had a hope of making it into the movies, the success of the tv shows has given them a platform to grow these threads and expand on them.
(Like, if anyone making the ST had actually watched Rebels, that Minister Hydan on Lothal was just begging to be used as a Snoke origin story, instead of the nonsensical puppet idea we got).

The Darksaber, Bo Katan, Ahsoka herself, Thrawn and therefore Ezra; for the most part born within animated shows and now legitimised in live action. Anything goes now, I think they've been given the go ahead to sort things out.

We've had time-jumps to post rotj in Rebels, so it's not impossible that they'll take stories around TRoS and establish a better future.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 17 August 2021 - 05:05 PM

Share this topic:

• 143 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users