Malazan Empire: College Football - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

College Football If you don't like College Football, then don't waste your time.

#21 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostBrujah, on 04 November 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

COME ON SOUTHERN CAL! BEAT OREGON LIKE THEY STOLE SOMETHING.

FUCK
THE
DUCK

Hahahahaha not this year loser boy.

The hate probably comes from the fact that my FF team is called go ducks my FF pic is a ducks cheerleader fine ass in a miniskirt and I just demolished you in FF. But then again there might not be any correlation.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#22 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

View Posttwelve, on 05 November 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

But what I would like to know is why both LSU and South Carolina, both with 2 losses, are ranked higher than my Beavs in the standings. LSU dropped 2 spots when they lost to Bama. Guaranteed If the Ducks lose to the Beavs who are currently ranked 11th in the BCS I'd bet they would drop lower than both LSU and South Carolina even though they lost to a top 15 team and it being their only loss of the season.

This I agree with.

Also a great big SUCK IT!!! to you duck haters. :)

#23 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

View PostVengeance, on 05 November 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 05 November 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

But what I would like to know is why both LSU and South Carolina, both with 2 losses, are ranked higher than my Beavs in the standings. LSU dropped 2 spots when they lost to Bama. Guaranteed If the Ducks lose to the Beavs who are currently ranked 11th in the BCS I'd bet they would drop lower than both LSU and South Carolina even though they lost to a top 15 team and it being their only loss of the season.

This I agree with.

Also a great big SUCK IT!!! to you duck haters. :)

It's because South Carolina lost to two top ten ranked teams.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#24 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

View PostVengeance, on 05 November 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

FUCK
THE
DUCK

The hate probably comes from the fact that my FF team is called go ducks my FF pic is a ducks cheerleader fine ass in a miniskirt and I just demolished you in FF. But then again there might not be any correlation.

MAYBE.

But then again, there is the duck that bit me when I was 6. So its a hard call.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

- Maynard James Keenan

#25 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

View PostBrujah, on 06 November 2012 - 03:47 AM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 05 November 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

FUCK
THE
DUCK

MAYBE.

But then again, there is the duck that bit me when I was 6. So its a hard call.

Well you shouldn't have been a prick to the duck. Ducks don't go looking for trouble.

#26 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Well Brujah, the consolation is that no Oregon team will ever make it to the Superbowl :)

Although I really don't understand how such a big and popular sport as college football can depend on ratings rather than wins in leagues followed by play-offs to determine who's going to play the final.

I mean, maybe the current system encourages a lot of the '4th down go for it' tactics, which is at the least half the charm of college football, but it is a system that is so incredibly behind the times and subjective that I can't imagine how it lasted this long.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#27 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostTapper, on 06 November 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

Well Brujah, the consolation is that no Oregon team will ever make it to the Superbowl :)

Although I really don't understand how such a big and popular sport as college football can depend on ratings rather than wins in leagues followed by play-offs to determine who's going to play the final.

I mean, maybe the current system encourages a lot of the '4th down go for it' tactics, which is at the least half the charm of college football, but it is a system that is so incredibly behind the times and subjective that I can't imagine how it lasted this long.

This is an on going debate every year. The current system is the BCS system. The bowl games sell the right to name the game after a certain company. For example, the Verizon Bowl, etc. These people in charge don't want to lose all this money they get for endorsing their names on the bowl games.

However, there is a huge push for a tournament to determine the winner kind of like basketball. This would be much better, and is actually the most popular option. It won't be long before the BCS fails and we get our playoffs for college football.

- Maynard James Keenan

#28 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

2014 actually.

Which is when the new 4 team playoff starts. IMO it should probably be at least 8, but by jove, i'll take what i can get.

And Oregon St. will get its chance to prove it deserves to be ranked ahead of the SEC schools. Stanford and Oregon comin up! If it wins those you can bet it will jump up. I
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#29 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

BSU vs. Toledo tonight on the Deuce!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#30 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 06 November 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

2014 actually.

Which is when the new 4 team playoff starts. IMO it should probably be at least 8, but by jove, i'll take what i can get.

And Oregon St. will get its chance to prove it deserves to be ranked ahead of the SEC schools. Stanford and Oregon comin up! If it wins those you can bet it will jump up. I

If they only beat stanford then it won't be a total waste. They might jump up a little bit.

#31 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

Most likely OSU will lose them both. Stanford is tough at home and like we can even come close to competing with the Ducks. I predict a 1-2 finish to the regular season and a trip to Sunny California for a trip to the Holiday Bowl.

I'll take an 8-3 season after what I've had to endure the last couple of years. Oh I completely forgot the makeup game with the FCS school. Make that a 9-3 record with the bowl game yet to play. When the best possible predictions for them were around 5-6 wins I say that this has been a hugely successful season.

Beating the Ducks would just be the chocolate syrup on the vanilla ice cream. (Hate cake) But I'll take the bowl of ice cream just fine.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#32 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

Man, the Texas Tech - Baylor game gave me serious indigestion with all those 4th quarter lead changes, but pretty much the whole game was a shoot-out, and I had $$$ riding on **********. So it tore my nerves up.

Looking forward to this Carolina Gamecocks - Clemson Tigers game the most. I spent one whole semester at USC, but I've always been a USC fan. But now my lil' Sister and a step brother attend Clemson(the other step brother x-ferred to Johnson and Wales). So it sucks watching this game around the entire family, now.

Anyway, game on. Which game are/were you most excited to watch this week?

- Maynard James Keenan

#33 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostBrujah, on 25 November 2012 - 12:25 AM, said:

Man, the Texas Tech - Baylor game gave me serious indigestion with all those 4th quarter lead changes, but pretty much the whole game was a shoot-out, and I had $$$ riding on **********. So it tore my nerves up.

Looking forward to this Carolina Gamecocks - Clemson Tigers game the most. I spent one whole semester at USC, but I've always been a USC fan. But now my lil' Sister and a step brother attend Clemson(the other step brother x-ferred to Johnson and Wales). So it sucks watching this game around the entire family, now.

Anyway, game on. Which game are/were you most excited to watch this week?

I have a niece at Clemson so I actually half way pay attenetion to that school even though it's on the other side of the nation from me.

#34 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:00 AM

What a great rivalry week. There were just so many great, close games. I'm obviously thrilled about the Auburn win. It's crazy what a turn around this season has been compared to last year. Of course, Bama helped out a ton in this game due to field goal problems, but that's college football for ya. It seems like kickers miss all the time compared to the nfl.

Hopefully, the divisional championships will make OSU or FSU lose and give Auburn a BCS shot. I don't see them jumping to #2 without one of the two other teams losing. There an argument to make about strength of schedule, but I doubt it has any effect.

#35 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

Stalker said:

1385877607[/url]' post='1099737']
What a great rivalry week. There were just so many great, close games. I'm obviously thrilled about the Auburn win. It's crazy what a turn around this season has been compared to last year. Of course, Bama helped out a ton in this game due to field goal problems, but that's college football for ya. It seems like kickers miss all the time compared to the nfl.

Hopefully, the divisional championships will make OSU or FSU lose and give Auburn a BCS shot. I don't see them jumping to #2 without one of the two other teams losing. There an argument to make about strength of schedule, but I doubt it has any effect.

Yeah, even as poor as the Big 10 seems this year, they're still a BCS (thank God it's gone next year) conference. As long as Ohio State beats Michigan State next week, which wont be easy, they should get in. And I really doubt Duke can hang with FSU for 4 quarters.

So most likely it'll be FSU vs OSU or the whoever wins the SEC championship between Mizzou and Auburn if OSU loses.

The end of that Auburn Bama game was fantastic. When he missed that kick and the Auburn guy caught it I said to my wife "this could be trouble". With that much open space and nothing but hogs on the field for Bama. You gotta partially blame Bama's special teams coach. You HAVE to know there's a chance he could leave it short with a possibility for a return. That kick team has to fan out after the kick.

This post has been edited by Slow Ben: 01 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#36 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostStalker, on 01 December 2013 - 06:00 AM, said:

Somehow having the SEC dethroned because of no participants in the BCS title game seems a bit like a hollow victory. A playoff cannot come soon enough. And even before it starts I can't wait for an expansion to 8 or 16 teams. Now the winner at the end of that would truly be deserving of being called a national champion.

And I agree about the one close game I actually watched. My Beavs actually had a shot at beating the oh so "mighty" Ducks in their own home. I thought it was going to be over by halftime but they at least kept me glued to the my seat until the bitter end. Though I didn't hear anything about that one untimed play the Ducks got away with when they were down late in the fourth. Didn't end up helping the Beavs though, that extra 6 seconds, but hell play a little defense why don't you and you walk away a winner after a tough back half of the year schedule.

This post has been edited by twelve: 02 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

#37 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:00 AM

Fucking Missouri could have been nice and lost and then South Carolina plays Auburn for SEC title.

Come Saturday we needed
-to beat Clemson - Check
-for Auburn to beat Alabama - lol rofl lawlz discount DAWBLE CHECK
-for Missouri to lose - fuck

- Maynard James Keenan

#38 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:13 AM

I'm a bit worried about Missouri, but I think it's gonna be a great game. I had a sinking feeling that we would lose to Bama (though I'd never admit to that in person!) and that turned out well. No way there will be a miracle finish three weeks in a row though. Here is a stat comparison between the two teams that I saw on twitter. If that stays consistent with the average, then this game will be very close.

I agree with SB's assessment on FSU and OSU. No way Duke hangs in there. The best shot is for Michigan State to win over OSU. They have a chance at least. It would be thrilling if both 1 and 2 lost, with an Auburn win. Would that set the stage for a BCS rematch of the Iron Bowl? Not that I want that to happen. I doubt Auburn could win twice against Bama.

#39 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:46 AM

Auburn is going to the national championship! I'm thrilled! It was certainly a great game against Missouri, both offenses showed up to play. Not so much on the defensive side, especially Mizzou's rush D. Absolutely non-existent.

Following that game, I had to watch OSU v MSU. Started watching at 17-0, watched that lead get blown, got worried, and ultimately got to see a great game. I have never rooted so much for Michigan State, and likely never will again, but for tonight they are heroes. I know a few of the guys from the 2010 team (even saw the rings) and literally everyone is going nuts tonight.

This post has been edited by Stalker: 08 December 2013 - 06:49 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users