Malazan Empire: College Football - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

College Football If you don't like College Football, then don't waste your time.

#1 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

Just curious as to which of you follow College Football, and which team, if any, you dips like best.

As for me.

University of South Carolina
The Fighting Gamecocks.

Hoping they beat LSU tonight. CAJUN STYLE.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#2 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

I don't like college football (or sports for that matter).

I'm sorry, just wasted my time :blink:

...I was just bored and wanted to say hello (and harangue you). We're having fun on chat though.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#3 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

Auburn Tigers
Iowa Hawkeyes

I'm mainly an Auburn fan, which is painful this year, but I was born and lived in Iowa City for a while, so I support the Hawks too.

This post has been edited by Stalker: 13 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

#4 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

I have three teams with a special place in my heart. Mizzou, because I went there and they pull off the plucky underdog role well and have improved the program enough that every year you feel like this could be the breakthrough into a legit contender. Not this year, but still.

I also love Alabama, and have since i was a child so no accusations of jumping on any bandwagon. I was born there and have always followed them. And yes, I have noticed that they are playing Mizzou today, and it will get ugly.

Finally I also love the Buckeyes. Like Alabama, a team loyalty I inherited from my dad. Also I lived in Columbus for about five years, and my wife went to med school at Ohio State and her entire family lives in Ohio. Rough times for them this year, but hey, at least we aren't Penn State.
Error: Signature not valid

#5 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

Absolutely LOVE college football. If my Saturday starts with coffee and College Gameday I couldn't be happier. I follow Eastern Illinois because I played there, but of course they're never on tv so it's kinda hard.
Born and raised in the Midwest so I always liked watching any of the Big 10 teams, which is getting harder to do since, IMO, they're falling behind the other power conferences in overall talent. Especially this year.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#6 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostBrujah, on 13 October 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Just curious as to which of you follow College Football, and which team, if any, you dips like best.

As for me.

The Fighting Gamecocks.

How the hell did the Cocks lose to a hugely overrated LSU team? Oh that's right the whole SEC is overrated with the possible exception of Bama. LSU is still ahead of my Beavs in the BCS with one loss with a much softer overall schedule. I can't wait for a playoff. This whole BCS is such bullshit that I can't stomach it anymore.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#7 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Oh and if you haven't figured it out yet I'm an OSU fan as in Oregon State. I went to that Wisconcin game early this year and was pleasantly surprised with the outcome of that game and every other game to date. We'll probably end up with at least three losses before the year is out but it's still nice to see us get some positive national exposure. That NCAA record for most consecutive losing seasons was in it's twilight when I went to school there. So these are great days to be a Beaver. Now if we can only ruin the Ducks National Championship hopes this year then that would make me a very happy college football fan indeed.

#8 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

I am a Oregon Duck fan. WTF is wrong with the BCS Oregon is ranked 2nd in all of the pols and Florida is put into second place in the BSC. Fuck Florida. The only SEC team that should be ranked higher then 4th is Bama. Florida and LSU have to many weaknesses.

Also Twelve if you keep barely squeaking by teams that we pounded you are going to have a tough time with us. :blink:
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#9 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:44 AM

View PostVengeance, on 15 October 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

I am a Oregon Duck fan. WTF is wrong with the BCS Oregon is ranked 2nd in all of the pols and Florida is put into second place in the BSC. Fuck Florida. The only SEC team that should be ranked higher then 4th is Bama. Florida and LSU have to many weaknesses.

Also Twelve if you keep barely squeaking by teams that we pounded you are going to have a tough time with us. :blink:

When you finally play someone half decent on the road let's see how you fair before you go squaking out your ass. Nov 3rd comes to mind. All of our toughest competition has come on the road with the exception of Wisconcin. Your toughest game on the road was what? Washington State? And that was in Seattle not Pullman so not even a true road game.

#10 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

twelve said:

1350325081[/url]' post='1001657']

Brujah said:

1350146665[/url]' post='1001358']

As for me.

The Fighting Gamecocks.

How the hell did the Cocks lose to a hugely overrated LSU team? Oh that's right the whole SEC is overrated with the possible exception of Bama. LSU is still ahead of my Beavs in the BCS with one loss with a much softer overall schedule. I can't wait for a playoff. This whole BCS is such bullshit that I can't stomach it anymore.

SEC overrated? Overrated all the way to 6 national championships in a row? Overrated by dominating the rest of college football the last few years? Dude, I'm not an SEC fan, but if you don't acknowledge it as the best conference in college football, you're kidding yourself.

This post has been edited by Slow Ben: 16 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

#11 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

Fuck! Marcus Lattimore, Gamecocks RB, seriously injured again. It looked sooooo bad. It really hurts the Gamecocks, as Lattimore is there best, and possibly only, GREAT weapon/player. But it also sucks for him and his future in the NFL.

He was already pretty much guaranteed to be a first round draft pick if he left school early, but this injury is season ending, and damn it looks like possibly career ending. Much sucks.

Marcus Lattimore Out
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

- Maynard James Keenan

#12 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

Yeah, that was pretty nasty. I was watching the game and about jumped off the couch when his knee bent like that. He seems like a good kid and he's a beast on the field. Hope he can come back again.

#13 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

And Florida, number 2, goes down the number 10, Georgia. Florida fucked themselves in that one with 6 fn turnovers. I'm actually glad Georgia beat 'em. Florida teams are huge rivals for S. Carolina.

What's HORRIBLE is that my whole family, especially my father, me, and my brother, all grew up USC fans, therefore we hated Clemson. Hated. Clemson. Our largest in state rival. Many years later and now I have my little sister and both my little step brothers all just started Clemson recently. I have to see my father in Orange now, every time I visit. Such a disgrace.

The Gamecocks is our team. It's more than just a college team. It's personal. They had Stephon Gilmore who now plays for the Bills, who went to the same high school as I did, and they have Jadeveon Clowney, who went to South Pointe, but still in the same city as me, who is an all star Defensive End who should easily go pro. Our high school also had Chris Hope, who was drafted by Steelers, but is now with Atlanta. High School football around here is Major, and almost as big as college football. Football is a way of life down here in The Dirty South.

This post has been edited by Brujah: 27 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

- Maynard James Keenan

#14 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

View Posttwelve, on 16 October 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 15 October 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

Also Twelve if you keep barely squeaking by teams that we pounded you are going to have a tough time with us. :p

When you finally play someone half decent on the road let's see how you fair before you go squaking out your ass. Nov 3rd comes to mind. All of our toughest competition has come on the road with the exception of Wisconcin. Your toughest game on the road was what? Washington State? And that was in Seattle not Pullman so not even a true road game.

Nice loss to the Huskie's... :cry:
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#15 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

COME ON SOUTHERN CAL! BEAT OREGON LIKE THEY STOLE SOMETHING.

FUCK
THE
DUCK

- Maynard James Keenan

#16 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

You know. I can't really explain it. I usually don't care what west coast teams do, as long as they don't bring their crappy football teams east, but when I began watching the Oregon - USC game today, suddenly I just had the sensation of complete satisfaction in watching the whole Duck team DIE SLOW.

WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS SUDDEN ANIMOSITY TOWARDS A TEAM I ONCE FELT SO BENEVOLENT TOWARDS.

WHY THE DESIRE TO GO DUCK HUNTING?

WHY THE FEELING OF ABJECT LOATHING AT THE COLORS GREEN AND WHITE.

WHY DID I SPEND TWO DAYS WRITING A 4500 WORD REQUEST TO CONGRESS THAT WE CHANGE THANKSGIVINGS TRADITIONAL DINNER OF TURKEY, TO THAT OF DUCK?

I'm not sure. My doctor said it was Hateaduckfanitis. He says its common to meet someone with a certain affinity towards a particular type of art, dance, or even sports team, and for some reason you wish them complete failure in all they do for the remainder of their lives.

But I'm sure he's just an old quack, and its nothing. I think its because a duck chased me at the county fair when I was 6, and it scared me and stayed with my physchi.

- Maynard James Keenan

#17 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

BAM TURNOVER

- Maynard James Keenan

#18 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

Fuck a Duck.

- Maynard James Keenan

#19 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

Alabama might go down to LSU!

Who would get number 1?

- Maynard James Keenan

#20 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Brujah. I can totally emphasise with the duck hate as I have to live and work with the damn fans being as I live in Duck country. But what I would like to know is why both LSU and South Carolina, both with 2 losses, are ranked higher than my Beavs in the standings. LSU dropped 2 spots when they lost to Bama. Guaranteed If the Ducks lose to the Beavs who are currently ranked 11th in the BCS I'd bet they would drop lower than both LSU and South Carolina even though they lost to a top 15 team and it being their only loss of the season.

Only an SEC team can lose and still be highly ranked. Anyone else would take a huge hit in the polls. And why is Mississippi State even still ranked? They are going to get killed for a third week in a row. They haven't beaten anyone and they have gotten killed when they play any decent team. College football desperately needs a playoff system that has clear cut criteria to making the playoffs so we can take it out of the coaches (can we say conflict of interest here) hands. Polls should NOT play a role in any postseason pairings with a possible exception of seeding.

GAW!! I hate the whole college football setup. There are going to be so many good teams out there that won't even get a shot at winning a championship because voters decide who is worthy of playing for it and not the actual teams themselves.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users