THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#2 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

Word! Welcome to the Jungle was awesome; I never bothered with the adaptations, but I'll be picking this up for sure. Might wait for the trade, but either way it will be mine.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#3 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Oooooh. Exciting news!

New Dresden is good Dresden.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#4 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

I'm not clicking any links posted by Abyss until after I have read Cold Days.

#5 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Ditto.

Wicked! Tricksy! False!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#6 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

View Postrhulad, on 06 November 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

Wise man. Have rep.

However, as a fellow holder-outer, I can vouch for that link. In fact, here you go: http://www.newsarama...oul-goblin.html
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"

#7 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 07 November 2012 - 02:36 AM, said:

View Postrhulad, on 06 November 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

Wise man. Have rep.

However, as a fellow holder-outer, I can vouch for that link. In fact, here you go: http://www.newsarama...oul-goblin.html

Not sure if I can trust anyone's links in this sub... If you steer me wrong, I will find you, Salt-Man Z you have been warned :thumbsup:

EDIT: The link was legit.

This post has been edited by rhulad: 09 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

#8 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

I'd be happy to inspect all of Abyss' links for you--for a small one-time fee... :thumbsup:

This post has been edited by Salt-Man Z: 09 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

#9 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

I'm not going to fake anyone out. Either you choose to embrace the preread or you don't. It's a free will thing.
Not my fault if you're drowning in self-doubt .

#10 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

I can't believe I wasted such a perfect moment to Rickroll someboday.

#11 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

I'm reading Codex of Alera right now, it is helping me stay away from the preview chapters.

#12 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:31 AM

Anyone reading this? First three issues are out.

#13 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Hardcover collection scheduled for December 17th.

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN/1606904388
http://www.jim-butch...ion-in-december

#14 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

Aynbody?...Bueller?

I ordered the hardcover with the last of my Christmas money. Hopefully it'll be here in the next week or so and I can report back to y'all.

#15 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms
  • Interests:sci fi/fantasy books. WoW.

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

I added it to my wishlist. I love the one star reviews claiming they were tricked by Amazon into buying a comic.

#16 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

View PostStormcat, on 07 January 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

I added it to my wishlist. I love the one star reviews claiming they were tricked by Amazon into buying a comic.

Heh... Loving a series and not doing the research can backfire.
I shamefully admit i was 'tricked' by Amazon into buying BONE 2 thinking it was a comic and it turned out to be a children's novel.

#17 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

View PostAbyss, on 07 January 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

I shamefully admit i was 'tricked' by Amazon into buying BONE 2 thinking it was a comic and it turned out to be a children's novel.

Be thankful it wasn't an "adult" novel!

#18 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

View PostBrent-Man Weeks, on 07 January 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 07 January 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

Be thankful it wasn't an "adult" novel!

That would have been an improvement.

#19 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

Read this over the weekend after rereading Welcome to the Jungle.

Ghoul Goblin takes place immediately after Fool Moon, and sees Harry leave Chicago to take a case involving a family curse. The writing credits simply say "Jim Butcher & Mark Powers", so I have no idea how much of this is strictly Butcher and how much is not. The narration and dialogue nails Harry's voice, but it doesn't have the same memorable lines that WttJ did. But it's a meatier story than the previous one, spanning 6 issues instead of 4, so it feels more involved. Unfortunately, the ending seems a bit rushed, with an almost-literal deus ex machina coming out of left field. I really dig Joseph Cooper's take on Harry; he's a little more cartoony and simultaneously less comic-booky than Ardian Syaf's version from WttJ; lankier, and more goofy and vulnerable. If I had to pick a favorite I could go either way, but gun to my head I'd probably have to go with Cooper. The only hitch in the artwork (at least compared to WttJ) is that it has a very rough, unfinished feeling. There's no inker credited, so I'm assuming we're just looking at Cooper's finished pencils. The coloring is glorious, though. Overall, it's a Harry Dresden story, which automatically means I enjoyed it, and I think I like it better having gotten to ponder it for a couple of days. I'm not sure it's worth the $25 cover price for the hardcover version, but you can find it cheaper online (I got mine for $14 plus shipping.) One thing the hardcover has going for it is (what I assume to be) a faux-leather finish, plus Butcher's original outline for the story; it's interesting to see the deviations the finished product took from the original write-up.

#20 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

Read it, enjoyable but it clearly does not have a perfect grasp of the dresden universe in my opinion. Its all over too quickly as well but hopefully its the start of more. I know they did fool moon as well.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users