• Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Universal domination
    Calm
    Sticks

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostSinisdar Toste, on 08 February 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

View PostForkassal, on 07 February 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

View PostStalking Stonny, on 07 February 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Also Forkassal said "whimpery" which is like a delicatessen.

Trull's death had to happen with all the foreshadowing that I didn't notice until I read it twice and got on these forums. And I love the character of Toc who dies in every book. I like him up there with Fiddler in dynamic characters, and love the grand way he dies every time. Talk about PTSD.

Hey, do we ever talk about PTSD?

Yeah, those omens were too subtle and too far in-between for me, I simply don't pay THAT much attention to the details. One who actually saw that coming deserves a pat on the shoulder and +1 respect.

And no, there's a good reason for that: "The first rule of PTSD is, you do not talk about PTSD".

that's a horrible rule

I'm a horrible person.
Money rules the world. I rule the money.

#22 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostForkassal, on 08 February 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

View PostSinisdar Toste, on 08 February 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

View PostForkassal, on 07 February 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

View PostStalking Stonny, on 07 February 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Also Forkassal said "whimpery" which is like a delicatessen.

Trull's death had to happen with all the foreshadowing that I didn't notice until I read it twice and got on these forums. And I love the character of Toc who dies in every book. I like him up there with Fiddler in dynamic characters, and love the grand way he dies every time. Talk about PTSD.

Hey, do we ever talk about PTSD?

Yeah, those omens were too subtle and too far in-between for me, I simply don't pay THAT much attention to the details. One who actually saw that coming deserves a pat on the shoulder and +1 respect.

And no, there's a good reason for that: "The first rule of PTSD is, you do not talk about PTSD".

that's a horrible rule

I'm a horrible person.

The Forkrulan have found their mortal sword in Forkassal :-)

#23 User is offline   Seren's sister 

• Recruit

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

A few more for BlackMoranthofDoom's list-
  • Kettle- expected but not fair.
  • The Soletaken; Sukul Ankhadu, Menandore & Sheltatha. Where QB shows his true colours & Hedge finds mortality in a blood nose.
  • The Demons who just wanted a quiet life in the country.

#24 User is offline   Seren's sister 

• Recruit

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

P.S No time for PTSD with the pace of SE.

#25 User is offline   CutterYounghand 

• Recruit

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:03 AM

"Weeper's Gale...."

I'd been forewarned about something horrible happening to Beak, but still...

But Toc drove me over the edge. Even though I should've figured this when Hood said he was waiting for someone else, I was SHOCKED. Although at least it was heroic, it still killed me. I think Toc is one of the characters I identify with most (doesn't like battle, sarcastic sense of humor), and Erikson just had to go and kill him.

This is the first time a book has sent me over the edge. ASOIAF should have done this to me but I'd spoiled myself for pretty much everything that happens in there. I was warned about Whiskeyjack and to be honest I didn't care much about him. Itkovian was sad but there was a sense of inevitability what with him repeating "I'm not yet done", etc.

Now you're probably asking "What about Trull?" I stayed up till 2 AM to finish this book, so I guess the two or so hours I'd spent grieving for Toc drained me emotionally by the time I got to Trull. Also, I have a sneaking feeling that Erikson will find some way to bring him back like he did Brys (Only now, thinking about it, I realize that this was the point of those scenes in MT in which the Ceda sent him to some weird other realm, from which he's resurrected).

Great job Erikson, can't wait to finish this awesome series (possibly better than Martin) and re-read it, which I'm told is even better!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users