• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GotM Audiobook

#21 User is offline   Grimjazz 

• Old Guard
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

I'm rereading HoC at the moment but I was given the GotM audiobook as a gift last year and seeings as I'm doing a Hood of a lot of driving at the moment I decided to whack it on while I'm on the road. Makes traffic a little more bearable. It is well done, a little annoying in some places where Kalam's voice and Rake's should be far deeper and less nasally, also some of the place and people names don't sound right, to me anyway. One thing that gets me is the way he says T'lan Imass, were I would have said it as im-mas, he says it I-mass, really pronouncing the I, at the start of it. Maybe thats the correct way but when you've read the whole series reading it one way its a little difficult to live with it. Apart from the more deadlier characters like Kalam, Rake, Rallick Nom, I thought the rest of the cast was done rather well. Although listening to this in conjuncture with rereading HoC was not best idea :( :D .
'I am going to beat a god senseless.'

#22 User is offline   esmereldaskysurfer 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

I listened to the audiobook of GotM simply because i have a brain thing that renders me cognitively impaired and concentrating is very hard. I've started and abandoned countless books just because i cant concentrate on them, so i decided to try the audiobook. I loved, LOVED it. Right from the start i was sucked in completely and just had to know more. I started the audiobook for Deadhouse Gates and ended up buying the paper book because the audiobook was too slow, i wanted to devour page after page in rapid succession, something i havent been able to do since i was a teen.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users