Cold Days

#361 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

View PostUse Of Weapons, on 29 January 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 29 January 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

View PostUse Of Weapons, on 29 January 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

Can I just say: this is not like fantasy names, where you can come up with your own pronunciation and people will say, 'Huh, I guess I can see where you got that from.' This is a standard word with a standard pronunciation, and those of you who don't pronounce it 'shee' are getting it wrong.

Sorry, rant over.

I will now forever refer to the Sidhe as boobookittyfuck just to piss you off :D

When you're doing it out of spite, I WIN! Muhahaha! :D

Spite is in MBOTF. Boobookittyfucks are from Dresden Files, which is the topic of the thread. Don't cross universes, Ray!
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#362 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostObdigore, on 30 January 2013 - 04:41 AM, said:

...Boobookittyfucks are from Anita Blake, Vampire Sexecutioner. Don't cross universes, Ray!

fixed.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#363 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Can I just say: this is not like fantasy names, where you can come up with your own pronunciation and people will say, 'Huh, I guess I can see where you got that from.' This is a standard word with a standard pronunciation, and those of you who don't pronounce it 'shee' are getting it wrong.

Sorry, rant over.

I will now forever refer to the Sidhe as boobookittyfuck just to piss you off :veryangry:

If this is a reference to JAY & SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK....the name is BoomBoomKittyFuck...not BooBoo
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#364 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 30 January 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

Sorry, rant over.

I will now forever refer to the Sidhe as boobookittyfuck just to piss you off :veryangry:

If this is a reference to JAY & SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK....the name is BoomBoomKittyFuck...not BooBoo

I don't think that is true.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#365 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

View PostObdigore, on 31 January 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 30 January 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

Sorry, rant over.

I don't think that is true.

Concur.

Boo Boo Kitty Fuck.

Boom boom is for Bam Bam's belated cousin.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#366 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

View Postworrywort, on 28 January 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 28 January 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

I guess I pronounce it like 'Side' but with a... I don't know, very soft H sound before the D. Why before the D? Because that is where it feels like it goes.

Which I guess would make it Sy-hd. The H is just a partial breath I guess? I SPEAK ENGLISH THAT DOESN'T USE SOUNDS LIKE THAT, OK?

Posted Image

Unfortunately for us both, you're wrong.

Been a long time Sayid
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#367 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Such a benign query too! It may be correct to pronounce it as shee, but I just can't read it like that. I'll go with Seethee, as i can't help but read it that way.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#368 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

So do you pronounce the word 'sure' as soo-ray?
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#369 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostUse Of Weapons, on 03 February 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

So do you pronounce the word 'sure' as soo-ray?

No, but sure is an English word, and Sidhe is a Gaelic word.

That being said, despite proper pronunciation, I think Sid-hay sounds cooler than Shee. Shee just sounds stupid. Who cares if that's the proper pronunciation. I'm not Gaelic.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users