Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just finished MT

#1 User is offline   spidey120872 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:11 AM

Should I read NoK or BH next? I know Temper is a common character in both, but I want to get the most out of this experience. These books are amazing. I can't believe I've only recently found them.

#2 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:28 AM

To me, NoK isn't worth breaking the flow. I'd say continue on and come back to NoK when you've finished.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

I won't talk plot or story points at all, but if you're extra squeamish about even the broadest spoilers then don't read ahead:

Read TBH first if you want your curiosity piqued about NoK and Temper; read NoK first if you want to have the knowledge that TBH winks at. It just depends on what feeling you want to feel. Personally I read TBH first (knowing nothing much about NoK) and I enjoyed the tantalizing feeling that provided.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

I read up through BHs. Then I read NoK, then Reaper's Gale, and then RotCG. Then TtHs.

Here I wanted to read Stoneweilder before I read DoD and CG, because I was told to read DoD and CG back to back, but the book store didn't have it, so I bought and read DoD, which lead to CG.

And I now still need to read the rest of ICE from SW up.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#5 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

I say read them in published order, which puts NoK ahead of TB.

Most people didn't do this because at the time TB was pub'd, NoK was only available in a limited and expensive release, but that's not a reason any longer.
Also, the handful of nods to NoK in TB are just a tiny bit cooler having read NoK.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#6 User is offline   Skrzypek 

• Recruit

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

I also just finished it and have question (dont want to create new topic).
Can sb tell me why tehol and bugg made their conspiracy against lether? what was the point in making building comapnies or sth like that?

#7 User is offline   Nocturnal 

• Rabid fangirl

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostSkrzypek, on 09 August 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

I also just finished it and have question (dont want to create new topic).
Can sb tell me why tehol and bugg made their conspiracy against lether? what was the point in making building comapnies or sth like that?

Didn't they say that they wanted to collapse the economy of the city? A revenge of sorts.
"Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat."

#8 User is offline   Skrzypek 

• Recruit

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

ye but i didnt seem that this collapse of the economy has any big influence on the letheras in the end, the empire would fall anyways. for me the whole intrigue was quite useless, although while reading it seemed to be something very big. But i can be wrong, its just my understanig of this issue ;p

#9 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

Well, events kinda make the idea a moot point. Why collapse the economy? Perhaps because it's blatantly abusive and exploitive, as well as incredibly flawed. Perhaps they were hoping to make some changes.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#10 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostSkrzypek, on 09 August 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

ye but i didnt seem that this collapse of the economy has any big influence on the letheras in the end, the empire would fall anyways. for me the whole intrigue was quite useless, although while reading it seemed to be something very big. But i can be wrong, its just my understanig of this issue ;p

remember, when the edur invade, tehol decides to hold off on his plans to collapse the economy. it's in there somewhere, probably around the time he sends the shand, hejun, and rissarh off to the islands
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users