Malazan Empire: A Necromancer's Request - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Necromancer's Request search engine related... what else?

#1 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:00 AM

To the powers that be:

I am greatly limited by the search restrictions on this site. If I try to see content posted by a member, it only allows me to see back about a year into the past. And I see no way to modify this parameter, and it's killing me. KILLING ME! I NEEDZ CONTROL! (or a better google search engine, that fails me as well, so does wayback for that matter :) sssssssiiiiiggggghhh)

Could one of you kindly help? It's for the sake preserving our history Posted Image
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:15 AM

Gust you fool. You have unearthed the moderators secret. All member posts are destroyed after a year and replaced by alien clones.

Now they're on to you and you'll disappear like Battalion!

The truth is out there!

Be safe.

#3 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:19 AM

View PostGust Hubb, on 03 July 2012 - 03:00 AM, said:

To the powers that be:

I am greatly limited by the search restrictions on this site. If I try to see content posted by a member, it only allows me to see back about a year into the past. And I see no way to modify this parameter, and it's killing me. KILLING ME! I NEEDZ CONTROL! (or a better google search engine, that fails me as well, so does wayback for that matter :) sssssssiiiiiggggghhh)

Could one of you kindly help? It's for the sake preserving our history Posted Image

There is a restriction in place that limits content searches to 365 days before the present date. This is in place because, as you might imagine, searches use resources (notably bandwidth and data); some sites use a flood-control restriction (only X number of searches within Y seconds), while we have opted to restrict the amount of content that can be returned (there is both a time-based cut-off and a quantity of responses limit to this end).

If you were to give me a solid period in which you were going to do your searching, then I could see about changing the restrictions for a few days or a week, but I'm not going to indefinitely lift them because it would potentially put more strain on the server. So if you let me know when you'll need the ability to search, we can probably arrange something - not soon, though, I'm going to the NZ Meetup tomorrow and likely won't be online much until next Wednesday my time - if that's what you need.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#4 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

I've only been here two years, so that's basically all you need, GH.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users