• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Braven Tooth is a tool Literally

#1 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

Braven Tooth has possibly just became my new favorite character in all of fiction.
I'm in awe.

Task: Write a book about an empire that spans continents, cultures, religions, etc
Problem #8: Names
Solutions:
  • Become a professor of linguistics, invent a genre, and hand out names based upon centuries old mythologies that are not Roman or Greek.
  • Invest ungodly amounts of time inventing backgrounds for all those cultures, most of which never gets used because it's irrelevant to the actual plot.
  • Create a character whose sole purpose for existence is to look in the eyes of half of the cast of thousands and give them one or two syllable nicknames that reflect their essential 'true' soul. Then have half of the other cast of thousands get names based upon the legendary naming ability of the first character.
Sheer fracking genius.

(Yeah, it took me two yers to realize this. I'm slow too, but I gets there eventually.)

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 29 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:00 AM

Awesome, isn't it? And then you have him throw in one occasionally that IS based on the character's culture but is still a pseudonym (Skanarow).
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users