• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Audible Reactions To MoI Spoilers for MoI of course

#1 User is offline   theocean85 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Books and movies

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

So, Memories of Ice is the first book in a long time where I had to be very careful reading in public due to my very animated reactions.

Has anybody else had this issue with the Malazan books?

I finished it today and so far I've cried out loud three times (two for deaths, once for the giftgiving scene at the end), exclaimed "holy s***!" at the revelation of what had been going on with Moon's Spawn, and I laughed loudly (perhaps too loudly since I was in the break room at work) at the following exchange between Paran and Raest:

"I'll see you soon"
"If you insist."

Really, I have had more fun reading Memories of Ice than most other books, but did anybody else have audible reactions to this one like I did? I usually am a very reserved and quiet reader...

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

No, I have successfully repressed all outward display of emotion. Now just like once every six months I black out and, according to others, shout "NO LARGE MARGE NO DON'T EAT ME NO" and then I come to after about 5 minutes. Go figure, eh?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Toraneko 

• destroyer of worlds

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

Yep.
~ toranekostudios.tumblr.com ~
Stress causes baldness but if you pay too much attention to keeping your stress levels down
it'll stress you out even more so there's really nothing we can do about it after all.

#4 User is offline   Fiddler 

• Fiddler

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

In Itkovians final scene I got choked up. That was some powerful writing.

#5 User is offline   BlackMoranthofDoom 

• Fist
  • Interests:gaming, watching movies, listening to metal

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

Not in that way, but after each novel I spend hours just contemplating on what I've read, without doing much else. I could never properly read Malazan in public due to the sheer investment required to follow the various stories.

#6 User is offline   Technomancer 

• Recruit

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

The reunion of Pannion with his sister choked me up, first time I came to the betrayal of Kallor I got angry with SE, and I laughed out loud at the segment which is my signature..... Basically every segment with Bauchelain I found highly entertaining, can't wait to get my hands on Crack'd pot trail.
"In retrospect, you should have held back on at least half of what you command." "But Bauchelain, I did."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users