Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Touching Moment ^^

#1 User is offline   Soulcrusher 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

I have to say, this book was amazing, especially the ending, I love Tehol and Bugg, more or less all the characters.

One moment that has really stuck with me is where Rhulad, Fear and Trull were all drinking and laughing about if Binidas were there then Hannan Mosag would be sending them on another quest. Was just really touching =)

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostSoulcrusher, on 20 June 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

...One moment that has really stuck with me is where Rhulad, Fear and Trull were all drinking and laughing about if Binidas were there then Hannan Mosag would be sending them on another quest. Was just really touching =)

And sadly ironic given what happens later ...

Perhaps not touching exactly, but the scene where Trull is looking for a healer for a demon pulls the readers emotions in a few different directions.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   BlackMoranthofDoom 

• Fist
  • Interests:gaming, watching movies, listening to metal

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

Lilac's story. a demon pulled from another warren forced to fight a foreign war. We learn his story,that he has a family just like everyone else and was a fisherman.

Of course the whole friendship between Tehol and Bugg is another strong contender.

#4 User is offline   Daisy 

• Recruit
  • View gallery

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostSoulcrusher, on 20 June 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

I have to say, this book was amazing, especially the ending, I love Tehol and Bugg, more or less all the characters.

One moment that has really stuck with me is where Rhulad, Fear and Trull were all drinking and laughing about if Binidas were there then Hannan Mosag would be sending them on another quest. Was just really touching =)

Omg seriously? I imagined them all laughing maniacally at the irony of the situation. It creeped me out a bit actually lol

#5 User is offline   boesjwoelie 

• Sergeant

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

I feel like a lot of people quite dislike Rhulad, understanding given the arrogance and all that...

But consider this for a moment :) the only reason he is the raving lunatic he unquestionably is, is that he took up that rachet sword of is, and the only reason he picked that up in the first place, was to save his dear brothers from certain death.

He didnt really ask for any of this :D

which is why the most touching moment for me, was when he just returned from flooding this warren or whatever that was exactly (re-read!!!! :lol: ) from the top of my head:

"Bring me some wine, Udinaas. Two cups, one for you and one for me. And then we shall talk, perhaps, of inconsequential matters. "

Here he is, emperor of the Edur (and practically also of the Letherii at this time), practically begging a slave... for a bit of normal, friendly conversation.
Gutwrenching, isnt it? ;)
"In a world full of pits and sinkholes, you dance the edges." Ganoes Paran

#6 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

Yeah, but the reason the Crippled God sent that sword at all was Rhulad's behaviour pre quest. The sword was for Rhulad, not Hannan Mosag, and Rhulad was a shit all the time.

That said, he's a well developed character and I love reading about him, but he never was an angel and is to blame himself in part as well. Though one probably can't really put too much blame on a teenager behaving like a teenager, but some things Rhulad did on purpose, and he wanted to trump his brothers whatever the cost and felt helpless and useless, so he developed this nasty streak that made the CG notice him.

This post has been edited by Puck: 16 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#7 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

What's this? An adolescent male exhibiting immature behavior?

My word!
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#8 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

Look, I'm not hating on teenage boys here, just summing up what several characters indicate.

That also put part of the blame on the whole family, just saying. But Rhulad's smart, and he did do some things on purpose.

This post has been edited by Puck: 17 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]

#9 User is offline   Kanese S's 

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

Sure, he's smart. However, at the time of Mosag's quest, he'd never fought a battle before. I doubt he's confident enough not to panic a bit in his first such situation. Hence I don't think him taking up the Crippled God's sword was entirely thought out.

I think it's more plausible that he sorta went "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, they're trying to kill us! Crap, my weapon! Oh look, there's a sword, that's probably what Mosag wanted, I'll just use it myself. This thing better be fucking awesome or we're screwed!"

#10 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

I think you misunderstood me. I agree with you on the immediate scene of the fight. Rhulad did not think clearly during the fight. The CG did, though, and there are indications that the sword was intended for Rhulad, not Hannan Mosag. Clearer now?

Or rather, not Rhulad specifically, but the CG bargained on someone other than Hannan Mosag getting it. He would have been in serious trouble had it been any of the other Sengar brothers and was pretty lucky in Rhulad getting to it first. Hannan Mosag would have used the sword to bring peace to the Edur, the CG wanted war, so he needed someone to cause that.

This post has been edited by Puck: 18 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

#11 User is offline   Kanese S's 

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

Yeah... while the Crippled God is a very intelligent and calculating guy, somehow the notion of the sword being made specifically for Rhulad seems a bit too much to me... crossing into omniscience/knowing the future.

Though, yeah, probably not actually intended for Hannan Mosag, either. For one, he's a sorceror, and while the sword does somewhat render one's ability to fight a bit irrelevant, it would still be an odd choice of implement for Mosag. And, as you note, his and the Crippled God's plans didn't exactly align. However, I don't think it was forged for Rhulad specifically.

#12 User is offline   Nocturnal 

• Rabid fangirl

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

Well this book surprised me quite a few times. It jumps from hilariously funny to devastatingly sad in a matter of pages. Imho, the most emotional moment in the book was in the middle of Chapter 18, with Rhulad and Udinaas.

Rhulad rubbed his crimson-bruised eyes, "Do you understand Udinaas, I am so..."
Frightened.
"Yes, master, I understand."

Rhulad is such a tragic and complex character. I loved all the Sengar brothers. And every time Fear and Trull clashed was heart-wrenching for someone that bursts into tears easily, like myself.

This post has been edited by Nocturnal: 19 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

"Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users