Malazan Empire: Malazan conquests(Minor Spoilers) - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan conquests(Minor Spoilers) Confusing reference Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:17 AM

Still reading SW, came across something a bit odd. When Bakune is watching Malazans march through Banith he says:
"Our old overlords had been Malazan yet somehow these feel different. But then I wasn’t there when the Sixth first marched in. I imagine this is what they must have looked like then too: disciplined, hardened, the veterans of invasions on five continents. But after a few decades of occupation, now look at them…"5 Continents? They have fought on Quon Tali, Genebackis, Seven Cities, Korelri. Thats 4 continents. I mean the Bonehunters under Tavore did invade Lether but they are technically not a Malazan army, and besides how is Bakune supposed to know about them anyway?

#2 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:12 AM

View PostAndorion, on 02 June 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

Still reading SW, came across something a bit odd. When Bakune is watching Malazans march through Banith he says:
"Our old overlords had been Malazan yet somehow these feel different. But then I wasn’t there when the Sixth first marched in. I imagine this is what they must have looked like then too: disciplined, hardened, the veterans of invasions on five continents. But after a few decades of occupation, now look at them…"5 Continents? They have fought on Quon Tali, Genebackis, Seven Cities, Korelri. Thats 4 continents. I mean the Bonehunters under Tavore did invade Lether but they are technically not a Malazan army, and besides how is Bakune supposed to know about them anyway?

You're missing Stratem. Malazan armies fought the Crimson Guard there at the start of the Diaspora.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:15 AM

Maybe they conquested your mom OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH DISS!

Just kidding, they didn't do that.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   Shpetim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:56 PM

I'm surprised it's only five continents. Or is it? Well, yeah it probly is. Got to love those Malazans though. Cheeky bastards, always got a plan for everything worth being anything.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users