Malazan Empire: Signed Limited Edition Sub Press Gardens of the Moon + Deadhouse Gates + Future Rights - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Signed Limited Edition Sub Press Gardens of the Moon + Deadhouse Gates + Future Rights

#1 User is offline   MalazanVA 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:00 AM

It is with great regret that I offer up for sale my signed limited edition Malazan set. My wife recently gave birth to our first daughter, and now I have bills to pay, college accounts to fund, etc.

I'm sure the Subterranean Books do not need any introduction, but here are the details from the Sub Press page:

Gardens of the Moon
By Steven Erikson

Illustrated by Michael Komarck

Limited: (sold out)
ISBN 978-1-59606-145-3

Lettered: (sold out)

Subterranean Press is proud to announce the first volume The Malazan Book of the Fallen.

The Malazan Empire is a continent-spanning dominion over which the ruthless Empress Laseen holds sway, her rule enforced by the Claws, the Imperial assassins. Bled dry by incessant warfare and undermined by dissension, signs indicate that the Empire could be crumbling from within.

The Genabackis campaign has been a war of attrition in which the Malazans have spent years fighting the combined forces of local armies aided by the formidable Son of Darkness and Lord of the Tiste Andii, Anomander Rake, the Crimson Guard, the powerful warlord Caladan Brood, and their allies.

Though they emerge victorious from the siege of Pale and impel the flying fortress of Moon's Spawn to retreat and abandon the conflict, the Malazan triumph is bittersweet. Evidence implies that the Bridgeburners were nearly wiped out by treacherous elements from within the ranks of their own army.

Before any light can be shed on what truly occurred, the Malazan troops are sent marching to subdue Darujhistan, the last of the Free Cities of Genabackis. Soon, as the conflict escalates, powerful forces converge on Darujhistan.

And with gods and Ascendants watching and manipulating events, nothing is as it seems in the City of Blue Fire.

Thus begins The Malazan Book of the Fallen, one of the greatest and most ambitious fantasy epics of our time.

The numbered edition will:

• Be printed on 80# Finch paper, guaranteeing a lifetime of enjoyment
  • Be illustrated with a number of full color interior illustrations
The lettered edition will include everything in the numbered, plus the following features:

• A completely different dust jacket
  • A gatefold pull-out illustration
  • A custom traycase to protect your book
Those who order from Subterranean Press have the right of first refusal on other titles in the series, meaning you can build a matched set of numbers.

The limited edition of Gardens of the Moon will be available exclusively from Subterranean Press, in two unique editions:

Limited: 500 signed numbered hardcover copies
Lettered: 52 signed, deluxe bound copies, housed in a custom traycase

and

Deadhouse Gates
By Steven Erikson

Illustrated by J. K. Drummond

Length: 720 pages

Subterranean Press is proud to announce the second volume The Malazan Book of the Fallen. One of our favorite newer artists, J. K. Drummond, has taken over the illustrating this epic volume, as competing deadlines kept Michael Komarck from continuing with the series.

The lettered edition will include everything in the numbered, plus the following features:

The limited edition of Gardens of the Moon will not be available via large online booksellers or our wholesale accounts.

I offer my set here first because I want the books to go to a Malazan fan. Both books are protected with Broadart covers and are in Mint/Near Mint condition (as I received them from Sub Press). I am asking $1000 OBO. I will email Bill Schafer at Sub Press to irrevocably transfer my rights to all future Malazan Books once I have received payment and the buyer has received the books and signaled their satisfaction. Please PM me to discuss details

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:40 AM

Congratulations on your baby! Hope it's a good one!

Now I wish to inquire as to how sturdy your OBO claim is, as I am willing to offer a purchase price of $7.00 USD for each book, PLUS a reasonable shipping & handling fee. I'll wait with bated breath to see if anyone gives you a better offer.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

View Postworrywort, on 01 June 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

Now I wish to inquire as to how sturdy your OBO claim is, as I am willing to offer a purchase price of $7.00 USD for each book, PLUS a reasonable shipping & handling fee. I'll wait with bated breath to see if anyone gives you a better offer.

I'll offer $8.00 USD for each book and a reasonable shipping & handling fee

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4 User is offline   MalazanVA 

• Recruit

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

View Postworrywort, on 01 June 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

Me, too. I hear it is frowned upon to trade a kid in for a better one.

Haha. Let me add that all offers are subject to reasonableness as defined solely by me. :lol:

This post has been edited by MalazanVA: 01 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

#5 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

Numbered or lettered?
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#6 User is offline   MalazanVA 

• Recruit

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

Numbered.

#7 User is offline   MalazanVA 

• Recruit

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

850 OBO. Serious offers only, please.

#8 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:46 AM

850!!!...If I send paper are we cool? They are really cool I can send you eggshell white with romalian typeface!

Trust me I am a serious person. Read my posts and you will understand the level of the gravity of the current situation.

You do know your paper money is going to be deemed worthless soon!

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 23 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#9 User is offline   GeneralGrind 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

I'm very interested in buying the limited editions, but I do not think I will get my first paycheck for my summer job before around the 15th of July. But once I do get them, I am all but ready to but them. I live in Norway though, so not sure how that goes down.

#10 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

Madness. OP is a hopeful troll or a fool. Or both.

This post has been edited by Malaclypse: 26 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

#11 User is offline   MalazanVA 

• Recruit

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:34 AM

View PostMalaclypse, on 26 June 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

Madness. OP is a hopeful troll or a fool. Or both.

Why? Because of the price? These books are rarely up for sale. If you don't think the amount is reasonable, don't buy the books, or offer an alternative amount.

#12 User is offline   alicorn 

• Recruit

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

I would like to talk to you about purchasing these 2 books, I'm a very serious buyer and I understand the rarity of them ^_^

#13 User is offline   NBcampaigns 

• Recruit

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

Very interested.
Send me a PM if the books are available and send me your price/terms.
thanks.

#14 User is offline   Masky247 

• Recruit

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:19 AM

View PostNBcampaigns, on 17 July 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

Very interested.
Send me a PM if the books are available and send me your price/terms.
thanks.

Hi Recruit,
New member from Australia here, long time fan of SE and ICE. I have all the books, with a lot of limited editions and signed copies, but missed SP's GOTM.
I would like to put in a serious bid for both books, if you have not sold them yet.
Let me know.
I appreciate it.
Masky

#15 User is offline   WKramer 

• Recruit

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

Have you sold the books yet, or are they still available?

William Kramer

View PostMalazanVA, on 01 June 2012 - 01:00 AM, said:

It is with great regret that I offer up for sale my signed limited edition Malazan set. My wife recently gave birth to our first daughter, and now I have bills to pay, college accounts to fund, etc.

I'm sure the Subterranean Books do not need any introduction, but here are the details from the Sub Press page:

Gardens of the Moon
By Steven Erikson

Illustrated by Michael Komarck

ISBN 978-1-59606-145-3

Subterranean Press is proud to announce the first volume The Malazan Book of the Fallen.

The Malazan Empire is a continent-spanning dominion over which the ruthless Empress Laseen holds sway, her rule enforced by the Claws, the Imperial assassins. Bled dry by incessant warfare and undermined by dissension, signs indicate that the Empire could be crumbling from within.

The Genabackis campaign has been a war of attrition in which the Malazans have spent years fighting the combined forces of local armies aided by the formidable Son of Darkness and Lord of the Tiste Andii, Anomander Rake, the Crimson Guard, the powerful warlord Caladan Brood, and their allies.

Though they emerge victorious from the siege of Pale and impel the flying fortress of Moon's Spawn to retreat and abandon the conflict, the Malazan triumph is bittersweet. Evidence implies that the Bridgeburners were nearly wiped out by treacherous elements from within the ranks of their own army.

Before any light can be shed on what truly occurred, the Malazan troops are sent marching to subdue Darujhistan, the last of the Free Cities of Genabackis. Soon, as the conflict escalates, powerful forces converge on Darujhistan.

And with gods and Ascendants watching and manipulating events, nothing is as it seems in the City of Blue Fire.

Thus begins The Malazan Book of the Fallen, one of the greatest and most ambitious fantasy epics of our time.

Those who order from Subterranean Press have the right of first refusal on other titles in the series, meaning you can build a matched set of numbers.

The limited edition of Gardens of the Moon will be available exclusively from Subterranean Press, in two unique editions:

and

Deadhouse Gates
By Steven Erikson

Illustrated by J. K. Drummond

Length: 720 pages

Subterranean Press is proud to announce the second volume The Malazan Book of the Fallen. One of our favorite newer artists, J. K. Drummond, has taken over the illustrating this epic volume, as competing deadlines kept Michael Komarck from continuing with the series.

The limited edition of Gardens of the Moon will not be available via large online booksellers or our wholesale accounts.

I offer my set here first because I want the books to go to a Malazan fan. Both books are protected with Broadart covers and are in Mint/Near Mint condition (as I received them from Sub Press). I am asking $1000 OBO. I will email Bill Schafer at Sub Press to irrevocably transfer my rights to all future Malazan Books once I have received payment and the buyer has received the books and signaled their satisfaction. Please PM me to discuss details

#16 User is offline   Wolfbrother 

• Recruit

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

There should so be a joint sticky thread for the Subterranean Press edition of the books here, like there is of aSoIaF over at Westeros.org :blink:

I don't really feel like starting a new thread, but I got lettered Deadhouse Gates, but no Gardens of the Moon. Thus I'm looking for a lone GotM to buy, or to sell my lettered copy (with future rights, Ice on preorder).

So if someone know of anyone with a lone lettered Gardens of the Moon, give me or them a holler, so maybe one of us can end up with a full set, because that would be awesome :p

#17 User is offline   MalazanVA 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Sold

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users