Malazan Empire: Ps Publishing version: Was it ever actually shipped - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ps Publishing version: Was it ever actually shipped

#1 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

Ok, I was one of those perhaps foolish people who forgave the many slipups with their version of RoTCG and at least gave my CC details for the Ps Publishing version of OST. I've never actually received it (though i'm not sure if my CC was charged as it wasn't sent out). Just wondering if there was any other people who actually physically got the Ps version.

#2 User is offline   tiste 

• Corporal

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

Yes, mine arrived yesterday actually (WA state). I'm in communication with them about the slipcase though, which for me was blank. Every other slipcased title I've gotten from PS over the years has had the title and author and such on the spine. Is it just me? Has anyone else gotten their copy yet and noted the same?

#3 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

Mine arrived on the 26th. Slipcase is indeed blank, hadn't put it alongside Stonewielder yet so didn't notice it till now. Do keep us informed!
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#4 User is offline   Anomander Morg 

• Recruit

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

My copy arrived last week and has a blank slipcase too.

Maybe the times have hit the PS pursestrings and they are saving for a rainy day?

Hopefully these delays are not an indication of things to come from them.

The've done four of ICE's books now and two have had issues, not the best of records. That all said and done I'll be buying more from them, they usually delivery a quality product.

#5 User is offline   tiste 

• Corporal

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

From the PS folks:

You are not the first person to ask this. We've decided to stop the blocking on our slipcases. As you know the publishing business (printers included) is changing all the time and we found that we just couldn't afford to continue doing it.

I'll pass your comments on to the team.

Best wishes

Nicky

Oh well. The volumes themselves are gorgeous.

This post has been edited by tiste: 02 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

#6 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

Just back home and my copy has indeed arrived. It is very nice (nicer than their version of RoTCG) but I probably won't bother getting the Ps versions of ICEs next two books.

#7 User is offline   Hoods Balls 

• Malazan Heavy Infantry
  • Interests:Cheating Death, Soldiering, Hunting, Soul Harvesting, Chemistry, Alchemy and Advanced Lipides.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

Got mine last week and was disappointed about the blank slipcase. Maybe some painting would do the work ;) . I know it'll irritate the hell out of me when I put it in the book shelf next to the others non-blank slipcases.
The superfluous, that very necessary thing

How to cheat Death: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=38...03730&hl=sv

#8 User is offline   Paleman 

• Sergeant

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

View PostHoods Balls, on 07 May 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

Got mine last week and was disappointed about the blank slipcase. Maybe some painting would do the work ;) . I know it'll irritate the hell out of me when I put it in the book shelf next to the others non-blank slipcases.

Got mine about two weeks ago. Slightly disappointed about the blank slipcase but the product overall is of a very high standard. Although the delay was somewhat frustrating I'm sure I will continue to buy the remaining special editions of the ICE Malazan books and any future Bauchelain and Korbal Broach novellas.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users