Malazan Empire: Wait so when does DoD take place? - Malazan Empire

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wait so when does DoD take place? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Phaedrus 

  • Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 15-August 11

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

I thought DoD takes place AFTER TTH but I just read a page where Toc is mentions something about waiting for Hood. How can that be if Hood is now... Uh double dead? Im kind of confused here- did I miss something?
0

#2 User is offline   D'rek 

  • Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators
  • Posts: 12,244
  • Joined: 08-August 07
  • Location::

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

 Phaedrus, on 28 April 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

I thought DoD takes place AFTER TTH but I just read a page where Toc is mentions something about waiting for Hood. How can that be if Hood is now... Uh double dead? Im kind of confused here- did I miss something?


Can you quote the passage?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.
0

#3 User is offline   Phaedrus 

  • Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 15-August 11

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

 D, on 28 April 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

 Phaedrus, on 28 April 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

I thought DoD takes place AFTER TTH but I just read a page where Toc is mentions something about waiting for Hood. How can that be if Hood is now... Uh double dead? Im kind of confused here- did I miss something?


Can you quote the passage?


Ill try to look it up. Basically ir was immediately after Toc helped Setoc and the children of Onos escape. An undead Ay rose from the ground, and while Toc is out hunting he encounters a group of undead Jaghut. During their conversation (And Toc's insuing thoughts) he states that he is waiting for Hood or something. Another issue Im having trouble with is what happened to the moon?! in TTH it literally EXPLODED and now its just kinda murky again?
0

#4 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

  • Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 7,582
  • Joined: 30-June 08
  • Location:Indianapolis
  • Interests:Football

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

Where'd the undead Jaghut come from?

It broke up but gravity is drawing the pieces back together.
Size matters not.
0

#5 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

  • Dead Serious
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 3,851
  • Joined: 14-July 07
  • Location:The C-Hood

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

hood was killed by dragnipur, but then dragnipur is shattered. vorcan specifically states that she doesn't care where all the prisoners fetch up, as long as it isn't in darujhistan, implicitly confirming that shattering the sword will release the entities trapped within, who were not taken by chaos.

therefore, hood will be released from dragnipur (along with draconus) and do as he pleases, i suppose. more or less.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant
1

#6 User is offline   Phaedrus 

  • Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 15-August 11

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

 Sinisdar Toste, on 28 April 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

hood was killed by dragnipur, but then dragnipur is shattered. vorcan specifically states that she doesn't care where all the prisoners fetch up, as long as it isn't in darujhistan, implicitly confirming that shattering the sword will release the entities trapped within, who were not taken by chaos.

therefore, hood will be released from dragnipur (along with draconus) and do as he pleases, i suppose. more or less.


Thank you! Im still confused all to hell about the moon though. I figured the gravity thing as well- but Im not so sure that this is what would happen to an exploded moon.
0

#7 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

  • Dead Serious
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 3,851
  • Joined: 14-July 07
  • Location:The C-Hood

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

i'm no astrophysicist either. maybe next time neil degrasse tyson does an ama on reddit i'll ask.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users