Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twelve Demons

#1 User is offline   Skulldeath 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

Throughout the book there is mention of the twelve demons of fable and servants of the Tyrant. I go t the impression that the twelve demno servitors related to the T'orrud Cabal as Baruk, Vorcan etc feel the pull of his service. Are the T'orrud Cabal and the twelve demons the same in which case do all the c'abal have demon heritage?

#2 User is offline   Urizen 

• First Sword

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

View PostSkulldeath, on 07 March 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

Throughout the book there is mention of the twelve demons of fable and servants of the Tyrant. I go t the impression that the twelve demno servitors related to the T'orrud Cabal as Baruk, Vorcan etc feel the pull of his service. Are the T'orrud Cabal and the twelve demons the same in which case do all the c'abal have demon heritage?

Yes, although I doubt that they are actually demonic. Rather than being demons they, because of their power and evil acts they gets labled demons by the oppressed masses.
" Ah, I despair, or I would if I cared enough. No, instead, I will make some ashcakes. Which I will not share."

#3 User is offline   Hoods Breath 

• Corporal
  • "Um... It's a Mr. Death. He's here about 'the reaping'...."

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

My take was that they are all demons. We know Vorcan is a demon. Baruk seemed pretty demonish when he was called. Aman has ridiculous demon strength.
"The truth is that the goal of existence is to kill you" - Ansty, ret. Sergeant, Bridgeburners

#4 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostHoods Breath, on 07 March 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

My take was that they are all demons. We know Vorcan is a demon. Baruk seemed pretty demonish when he was called. Aman has ridiculous demon strength.

Yea I agree with this. And also kinda think Kruppe is that demon who remained in his crypt even after it was broken into. But this also seems to be my book for crazy theories, so who knows.
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

#5 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:27 AM

Do we know Vorcan is a demon? We know that Taya is half demon but I thought that just meant that Vorcan is a freaky woman.

#6 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostAptorius, on 09 March 2012 - 04:27 AM, said:

Do we know Vorcan is a demon? We know that Taya is half demon but I thought that just meant that Vorcan is a freaky woman.

I think there's a few refs to Vorcan being a demon.

The first is in TtH when Rallick wakes up in the Finnest house. He asks about the one with him and Raest mentions she was "a demon in truth".

btw, why did Vorcan chain herself with otataral when she could have just gone into the Azath house and hung out with Raest until the Tyrant was gone? I assume his magic wouldn't have been able to compel her from in there, and since she was the first to enter it with Rallick when it formed I assume she'd have the same open door policy as him.
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

#7 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:01 AM

People don't trust the Azath and Vorcan as a 'power' has even less reason to do so.

I struggled with the 12 number a bit...

Aman, Baruk and Hinter all serving the Tyrant make three.
Vorcan was number 4.
One is dead in the crypt, call him five.
Derudan is six.
Mammon died in GotM, so seven.
Vorcan herself killed three (was it 3?) ... back in GotM, so those are 8, 9 and 10.

Do we know who the remaining two are?

Kruppe is one theory but i think unlikely.
Not Taya since she's Vorcan's daughter, unless she was already around back when the 12 were assembled and is way older than she seems.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#8 User is offline   the broken 

• Fist

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

View PostAbyss, on 12 March 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

People don't trust the Azath and Vorcan as a 'power' has even less reason to do so.

I struggled with the 12 number a bit...

Aman, Baruk and Hinter all serving the Tyrant make three.
Vorcan was number 4.
One is dead in the crypt, call him five.
Derudan is six.
Mammon died in GotM, so seven.
Vorcan herself killed three (was it 3?) ... back in GotM, so those are 8, 9 and 10.

Do we know who the remaining two are?

Kruppe is one theory but i think unlikely.
Not Taya since she's Vorcan's daughter, unless she was already around back when the 12 were assembled and is way older than she seems.

In GOTM, Vorcan agrees to assassinate 9 true rulers of Darujhistan for Quick rather nippy Ben's Contract. She herself is number ten, Hinter is 11 (as a ghost already, with his influence limited to his tower, she didn't need to kill him), and then there's the one corspe that never left the crypt.

I always thought Vorcan killed more than three in GOTM. Baruk feels her kill three during a short conversation with Derudan, but she could still have gotten the others as well offscreen (except Aman, who somehow survived.)

Edit: The forum has just edited Adaephon Ben Delat's other name to 'rather nippy' in my post. Some moderator's game?

This post has been edited by the broken: 12 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

#9 User is offline   Ben Delat 

• Sergeant

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

While the Azath opened to Rallik, I would think if someone fo power and ill intentions like Vorcan tried to go in a lone the house would be just as likely to try to imprison her.

and yes, in GotM when Kalams offers Vorcan the contract she asks if the empres sis truely prepared to give her 900.000 gold jakatas, 100k each person, which automatically makes 9 besides her in the city. I don't think we will ever know who they all were, we only get the names of the three Baruk mentions to Derudan.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users