Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Icarium and Mappo

#1 User is offline   Henschy 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

Hello everyone I'm new here, listening through the whole series on audiobook, I can say this is alot harder to keep track of everything than reading I suspect, but it feels like I have the hang of most of it except I missed out on the whole Icarium & Mappo parting story.

Im in the middle of Bonehunters, and the last thing I remembered about that path was when they both were in a weird structure(I assumed it was K'chen Chemalla) and they could fly over bridges and stuff and they discovered the dragon with of the Sky aspect, then it feels like I havnt heard about them in a long while, then the next thing I hear about them Mappo is found by Iskaral Pust and Icarium has a new guardian....

It would be pretty hard to find what I missed by myself, but it seems like I missed something vital here?

// Henschy

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

They were attacked by Dejim Nebrahl. Icarium goes crazy for a while and so when he comes to his senses he's forgotten all about Mappo who was knocked over a cliff side or something like that. Remember that Iccy gets amnesa every time he loses control. Mappo is saved by the healing of Morgora leaving his skin crisscrossed from the spider webs that covered him.

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

Edit: NM Apt got it.

How are all the pronunciations anyway?

This post has been edited by worrywort: 24 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   Henschy 

• Recruit

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

View Postworrywort, on 24 February 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

Edit: NM Apt got it.

How are all the pronunciations anyway?

Ah okay thanks, yeah I missed that part, so Mappo got so badly wounded from the fall off the cliff, was it perhaps Icarium who saved him from Dejim by pushing him off? And how did the Icarium fare vs Dejim? Yeah I got the whole part with Mogura healing him and that, but what happend in that structure after they discovered the dragon? Was it there that Dejim attacked them?

Yeah the pronunciations are good and almost always consistent, I've heard like 2 or 3 times they pronounce the same word differently but maybe he just chokes on the word or something, but the worst thing, is trying to spell the words when you try to search for them online in the wikis and stuff :smoke: Whats up with Eriksons fondness of silent and double letters :)

This post has been edited by Henschy: 25 February 2012 - 12:30 AM

#5 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:10 AM

What he loves more than anyone else on earth apparently, is glottal stops. Can't say I blame him.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:45 AM

View PostHenschy, on 25 February 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

Ah okay thanks, yeah I missed that part, so Mappo got so badly wounded from the fall off the cliff, was it perhaps Icarium who saved him from Dejim by pushing him off? And how did the Icarium fare vs Dejim? Yeah I got the whole part with Mogura healing him and that, but what happened in that structure after they discovered the dragon? Was it there that Dejim attacked them?

As far as I recall the structure was just a random encounter and they continued onwards. Not sure.

As for Dejim's attack. It was planned by the Nameless Ones. The purpose was not to kill Icarium but to seperate him from Mappo or out right kill Mappo so that a new Guardian could be put in place. Why that new guardian was put there will be apparent by the end of the book.

When Mappo went over the cliff Dejim's other forms probably thought that Mappo was either dead or damaged enough that he was no longer a problem and considered his job done and ran like fuck before Icarium went nuts and destroyed him and everything around him.

This post has been edited by Aptorius: 25 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

#7 User is offline   Henschy 

• Recruit

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

Ok cool thanks I think I got it all now :smoke:

#8 User is offline   Slaythe 

• Recruit

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

I also think Mappo killed one of the d'ivers taking it off the cliff with him. When I first read that I thought it was K'chain Chemal that attacked them.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users