Malazan Empire: A few questions - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A few questions

#1 Guest_pseudomass_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 18 September 2003 - 09:13 AM

Hello all. This is my first post. I just completed GotM late last night...too late, really, for my early working time. Anyway, I had discovered this site before even starting the book so I anxiously read the postings to this GotM board. I found much clarification to my thoroughly enjoyable read, but still have a few questions. Perhaps you can help!

1. When Paran was killed by Sorry and his life spared by Oponn, there was reference that another's life was taken so that Paran's could be saved. Does anyone know who this other life belonged to? Does it matter? Perhaps Tattersail? (I just thought of the latter as I wrote this.)

2. What is Hairlock's motivation in this book? He strikes a deal with Quick Ben to soul shift him into a puppet. Then it seems he just jumps around through Warrens making trouble and threatening everone (Paran, Tattersail). What's he got against Shadowthrone and his Hounds? Hairlock and his motivations were the most puzzling thing about this wonderful book.

3. Why does Quick Ben save Hairlock (through soul shifting) only to turn him in to Shadowthrone later?

4. When Paran was stricken by the energy from the Jaghut-possessed Mammot at the Fete, he was sent to a primordial forest and battled and killed the Finnest. Where was he sent to? How did he have the strength to kill the Finnest?

Only four questions...? I thought I had more. Thanks to anyone with answers or speculations.

I have the other three books in my stack. But I may have to take a breather before starting DG to let it all sink in....

-pseudomass

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users