Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vorcan and Rallick who is she referring to

#1 User is offline   Ben Delat 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:35 AM

When she says to rallick at the end " how did he escape us, what was his last ttrick?" who is she referring to?

the hookah reference at the end makes u assume the crazy witch is derudan?

thats it for now...

edit: oh and Morn is shade of who....Draconus?

#2 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:14 AM

Crazy witch was Derudan, not really sure how that all tied in. It seems like she may have done something to herself to addle her mind, that way the Tyrant couldn't get to her.

Vorcan was talking about the Tyrant, and the fact that he didn't die. Instead, he escaped into the Azath house, inside the body of the scholar, Ebbin.

The general consensus is that Morn is indeed Draconus.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#3 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:45 AM

(not reading thread, not reading thread...pls, less spoilerish name of topic? :unsure:) Not big deal, I know, but...:gando:
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#4 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostBen Delat, on 08 February 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

When she says to rallick at the end " how did he escape us, what was his last ttrick?" who is she referring to?

Yeah, I wondered this too. Specifically, why she then goes, "well, I had to try", when Rallick looks at her. Perhaps she was intimating that she would have found him and tried to somehow use his power.

Although how she knows that Rallick knows what happened to the Tyrant is unexplained - probably because ICE didn't think of that :unsure:

#5 User is offline   sting01 

• Sergeant

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

She knows because it was part of her (their, as several seems to collaborate) to defeat the Tyran.

Instead of confronting him, and or loose and becoming his pupet OR loose and becoming him (another Tyran); she prefered make obvious her retreat, and release the only asset she have (Rallick).

Still her gambit (litteraly, as she use a 'gambetto' on her daughter!) could have fail and she might have given away clue on said asset; so she simply cut him loose ... knowing only he was out there, somewhere, doing something, but all of it not related 'directly' to her or her situation.

#6 User is offline   Ben Delat 

• Sergeant

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:43 AM

rallick knows what happens because he was in the window when Leff and Scorch used Derudans crossbow bolts.

I am not 100% sold she is referring to the Tyrant when she asks Rallick, it is a good possibility but there is something nagging at me like I am missing something. Right now tho it is the only answer that makes sense.

Ulrik, if you want Ill change the title, I didnt think it was that bad, you know both are in darujistan going into this book and based on Torvalds comment in TotH you assume they hook up.

#7 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:54 AM

View Poststing01, on 09 February 2012 - 01:28 AM, said:

She knows because it was part of her (their, as several seems to collaborate) to defeat the Tyran.

Instead of confronting him, and or loose and becoming his pupet OR loose and becoming him (another Tyran); she prefered make obvious her retreat, and release the only asset she have (Rallick).

Still her gambit (litteraly, as she use a 'gambetto' on her daughter!) could have fail and she might have given away clue on said asset; so she simply cut him loose ... knowing only he was out there, somewhere, doing something, but all of it not related 'directly' to her or her situation.

View PostBen Delat, on 09 February 2012 - 02:43 AM, said:

rallick knows what happens because he was in the window when Leff and Scorch used Derudans crossbow bolts.

I am not 100% sold she is referring to the Tyrant when she asks Rallick, it is a good possibility but there is something nagging at me like I am missing something. Right now tho it is the only answer that makes sense.

Ulrik, if you want Ill change the title, I didnt think it was that bad, you know both are in darujistan going into this book and based on Torvalds comment in TotH you assume they hook up.

It's not about how Rallick knows, but about how Vorcan knows, as Rallick apparently hasn't told her anything. As for 'their plan', Vorcan told Rallick to get lost and stay out of it (which he didn't do, obviously), which she may have known he wouldn't but never is this intimated.

So it still doesn't explain how Vorcan would know that Rallick holds the truth with regards to what truly happened to the Tyrant. After all, she doesn't know that Rallick saw the Tyrant being shot and that he then led Ebbin to the Azath house, because apparently Rallick won't tell her anything. And yet she still asks him what truly happened, when for all she knows, he didn't witness anything. :/

#8 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

View PostBen Delat, on 08 February 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

the hookah reference at the end makes u assume the crazy witch is derudan?

thats it for now...

edit: oh and Morn is shade of who....Draconus?

I think she might have been talking about Aman, if not him then Kruppe just my two guesses before reading through the thread. I just finished the book and liked it.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#9 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

Okay I think Morn could have been Anomander. That's my two cents, he is seen as just a shade. Draconus was already returned and called himself Draconus.

On the subject of Vorcan and Rallick, maybe they were talking about Tayschrenn?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users