Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

US Kindle users

#1 User is offline   Powder 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:46 AM

So as a US kindle user I can not download from Amazon.co.uk and get this thing. Unless I lie to them and tell them that I am from england and supply a billing address therein. Can anyone see a downside in lying to the man to get Malazcrack early? Or any potential backfires to changing a billing address for 20 minutes?

-Powder

#2 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

A true fan would go get a PO Box in England somewhere. And then offer the address to all of us so we could do it too.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#3 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

Whenever you change your kindle account location you get flagged and if they detect you logging in from outside the country you claim to have just moved to they will ask for proof that you have moved. At least that's what happens if you change it to a US address. Or something. Amazon's border restrictions can be a bit weird and I've heard several conflicting accounts.
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#4 User is offline   Powder 

• Fist

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:14 PM

View Postalt146, on 19 January 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

Whenever you change your kindle account location you get flagged and if they detect you logging in from outside the country you claim to have just moved to they will ask for proof that you have moved. At least that's what happens if you change it to a US address. Or something. Amazon's border restrictions can be a bit weird and I've heard several conflicting accounts.

You can change your country of residence and download 5 books. I only wanted to download one, and so I changed and downloaded this book, then promptly changed back to US address. I have plenty of proof that I live here, and it gets me malaz months early.

#5 User is offline   arbitrage 

• Recruit

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:41 AM

Umm it is available in the US kindle store. http://www.amazon.co...27038006&sr=1-1 I preordered it from there a few weeks ago and it downloaded last night.

This post has been edited by arbitrage: 20 January 2012 - 05:42 AM

#6 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:10 AM

View Postarbitrage, on 20 January 2012 - 05:41 AM, said:

Umm it is available in the US kindle store. http://www.amazon.co...27038006&sr=1-1 I preordered it from there a few weeks ago and it downloaded last night.

Interesting, it doesn't look available to me. I know Stonewielder was put up early for US Kindle release on accident though.

#7 User is offline   arbitrage 

• Recruit

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

Hmmm, maybe it is because I'm in Canada that it shows up with that link. I didn't think I was logged in so I'm not sure how it knows my country. What does the link show when you click it?
Anyways, the trick of changing the country also works. I did that way and bought from .co.uk for either Stonewielder or TCG. Can't remember which.

This post has been edited by arbitrage: 20 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users