Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where are they...

#1 User is offline   Hocknose 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

Just re-reading Bonehunters and there's a section near the end that has me confused...

Just before Icarium is unleashed at the Imass First Throne, him, Taralack Veed, an Edur Warlock, Ahlrada Ahn and a mixture of Edur and Letherii soldiers are in a warren/realm that is basically a huge swamp. I think its Ahlrada Ahn that says that this place is similar to the Nascent and that it would be unwise for them to be seen by the inhabitants of this realm as the inhabitants would just see ghosts of soldiers going to another war. It is also mentioned that they can hear sounds of battle all around them and can see troops of soldiers in the distance.

Are we supposed to know where this place is? I don't remember it being mentioned in future books. At first I thought it was another fragment of Emurlahn but it doesn't sound like any other fragment we've heard of.

This post has been edited by Hocknose: 11 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

#2 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

i don't believe we're meant to know where they are. at most, we can say that they travel a path closer to chaos, and so the warren is more degenerated and there is war all around. my opinion anyway
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#3 User is offline   Silk 

• Master of the Decks -- Spinning round and Round
  • Group: Bridgeburner

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

ah but is war really an instrument of chaos? That is the question..... perhaps war is the true shadow realm as when order and chaos clash there is always war... same as when light and dark clash there is shadow..... but maybe not.

#4 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

War has elements of both order and chaos, indeed. But I think that just plays into the idea that everything has a bit of something else in it. If that makes any sense.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#5 User is offline   Silk 

• Master of the Decks -- Spinning round and Round
  • Group: Bridgeburner

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:46 PM

that it does.... which means that it is shadow as shadow.... so now that there may not be any gods of war left.... i'm beginning to see the first whisps of a shadowy figure sitting around the thrones ....... ;o)))

My overall view point is based on a line in one of the books that (can't remember exact phrasing) something about liking things in threes.

So you have chaos and order... so what is the 3rd? my view would be that WAR is the third as this is where the disputes are settled, lost and won, in other words WAR is teh realm where things are resolved... i.e the mortal plain so to speak.....

#6 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

LATER BOOK SPOILERS MODGOD"D OUT OF EXISTANCE WITH GREAT WRATH AND EXTREME PREJUDICE AND ALSO VERY STYLISHLY IF I MAY ADD.

WATCH WHAT FORUM YOU ARE IN.

This post has been edited by Abyss: 13 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users