• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 80 - The Benses IV Flocking Dragons

#801 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

I guess here's a summary of the atrahal situation for people just tuning in:

Some people vaguely thought Atrahal was scummy. Sorrit (I think) made a case on Atrahal's middle of the road posting. Kara defended Atrahal, quoting posts showing that Atrahal actually had content and such.

I'm not particularly fond of the lynch, but if he does come out scum we have Kara as a likely symp. Also, there is no possible way 6 people will be on to vote one of the other 3 options.

edit: It was Okaros, not Sorrit.

This post has been edited by Osseric: 12 January 2012 - 09:42 PM

#802 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

I'm here now and will be around till deadline. I see Atrahal is hoping someone saves him. If you can't defend yourself, Atrahal, how about throwing us another valid target?

#803 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:42 PM

View PostOsseric, on 12 January 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

Some people vaguely thought Atrahal was scummy. Sorrit (I think) made a case on Atrahal's middle of the road posting. Kara defended Atrahal, quoting posts showing that Atrahal actually had content and such.

I'm not particularly fond of the lynch, but if he does come out scum we have Kara as a likely symp. Also, there is no possible way 6 people will be on to vote one of the other 3 options.

I believe that was me, not Sorrit. However, if it turns out to be wrong, then sure, it was Sorrit :rofl:

#804 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

Okaros, are you aware that you made a case on atrahal and never voted him? :rofl:

#805 User is offline   Olar Ethil 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

I remember the weird comment "Atrahal is scum" made by someone on day one. that was weird. it had no context either. hard to interpret.

i hate lynching the silenced player because without real back and forth it's mostly just us holding our dicks and arguing about where to point them.

i think the mistakes made so far about revealing, counter revealing, uncontrollable drunken antics (oh, wait...) have impaired town's ability to lynch scum this game.

#806 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

Yes I am, I didn't want to prematurely rule out others by piling my vote onto Atrahal straight away too. Now i'm waiting to see if he comes up with a viable alternative like I asked.

#807 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

It is Day 6. 34 minutes remaining

12 Players still alive: Atrahal, Eloth, Karatallid, Kessobahn, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Osseric, Sheltatha Lore, Silanah, Sorrit, Tulas Shorn

7 votes to lynch, 6 votes to go to night.

4 Votes for Atrahal ( Sheltatha Lore, Eloth, Sorrit, Osseric )
1 Vote for Olar Ethil ( Karatallid )
1 Vote for Osseric ( Kessobahn )
1 Vote for Karatallid ( Tulas Shorn )

Players not voted: Atrahal, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Silanah

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 12 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#808 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostOlar Ethil, on 12 January 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

I remember the weird comment "Atrahal is scum" made by someone on day one. that was weird. it had no context either. hard to interpret.

i hate lynching the silenced player because without real back and forth it's mostly just us holding our dicks and arguing about where to point them.

i think the mistakes made so far about revealing, counter revealing, uncontrollable drunken antics (oh, wait...) have impaired town's ability to lynch scum this game.

That was Tiam and she was just about to be lynched.

#809 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

View PostOlar Ethil, on 12 January 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

that was Tiam. right b4 we lynched her
i'm back, biatcheees. and I don't intend to leave the house till tomorrow, cuz it's bloody freezing outside.

Atrahal really hasn't made much noise with gettiong us to lynch anyone other than him.

although if he comes back inno, i'ma take a long, hard look at those saying that "after such a loud day 1, it makes sense for scu to silence scum day 2".

#810 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

Didn't realise there were still only 4 votes.

Vote Atrahal

Because scum are ALWAYS silenced on day 2. Fact!*

*may not be actual fact.

#811 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

View PostKorlat, on 12 January 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

Atrahal is a better choice, but I do have a hard time making a vote purely based on WIFOM, which would be my basis for that vote. I'd still much rather vote Korlat, especially as she's shown herself unwilling to approach my attacks on her with anything other than dismissal based on premises that do not exist. Or to say it differently: She's arguing against an imaginary person today too and it makes me suspicious.

What in the hell are you talking about? You are barking up the wrong tree bub. . Try not to hone in on me to the exclusion of the real scum just because you have a hunch. I answered your "case" I can try again if it makes you feel better. But the fact is, your "case" is a gut call that you are looking to try to make into valid reasons. There is a reason you have to keep asking people to look at me, it's because no one see's my play the way you do.

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

View PostEloth, on 12 January 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

I know I have been jumping on this thing for a while, but since you're here now Eloth and Shelly, what do you think of Korlat? I'm not completely oblivious to my tendency to get a little obsessed with single players (which sometimes turn out well founded and other times not) so I'd like to know what other people think of my line of reasoning.

Can I have a quick run down of what you think? I know you are mentioning him a lot but I am finding it hard to find your case.

Without seeing your case I would say that I don't have a read on Korlat and I would need to take a closer look

My case was mainly that she (girl dragone = she) has been arguing against theories not presented by anyone so blatantly that she's either been skimming or has purposefully misunderstood arguments in order to make them easier to argue against. Either way it's scummy behaviour in my opinion.

It's not massively strong as far as cases go, but then Korlat hasn't really joined in to the extent that a true case can be made, which further strengthens my suspicions.

I addressed you once, how has that not made me one to "join in"? How have I been arguing "so blatently"? I made a point on OSSERIC's post, and you rush in to tell me (once again to the aid of Osseric) that I incorrectly interpreted HIS post. (note, Osseric made no mentiion of my post. I feel if I was as far off base as Sorrit seems to imply, that Osseric would have said something.) Thats your "case" It's crap, and the fact that you have to keep asking people to look at me, ( which is fine by me), just reinforces the fact that you have nothing and are reaching and fixating. (this is NOT good town behavior).

Sorrit, pull your head out of your ass and do something worthwhile to help town. Instead of using my limited time on thread to hunt scum, I am forced to reply to your poorly disguised "gut" evaluation of me. Do something useful, pull off your blinders, and look for the real bad guys.

That being said, I don't consider Sorrit a good scum candidate. I don't see scum fixating upon one individual the way he has.

Also I don't get scum vibes from Osseric, Olar, or Okaros. ( thats a lot of O's) unless more comes to light, they would be lower on my list Though of the three Olar is a little more suspect .

The Atrahal vote is interesting, and as someone else brought up, after all the talk of giving Okaros a free pass on day 1 , scum might try to get a free day and silence on day 2. Also, atrahal was middle of the pack on the lynch train and pulled the "I am not coming back, here's my vote". This leaves remaining town in a tight spot I am not saying he didn't legitamately have to go, but it cements the outcome just a little bit more. Really hard to change after halfway with only 5-7 hrs left.

Eloth has been pinging my scumdar a bit. AS someone mentiond, a few times after reading some of his posts, I get the feeling of posting for the sake of posting.

Silanah I have no read at all on.

Shelly is a dead dragon walking

Karatallid and Kesso to me are playing a pretty smooth, even keeled game. Wouldn't be surprised if one of those 2 turned out to be scum. Very few waves thrown up by either of them.

Tulas Shorn No real read, i would like to go back and look at him a bit closer.

I will be around for the lynch, off and on here for the next 4 hours.

Not going to throw a vote just yet, I don't want to make an unavoidable train. Of the 4 currently with votes, I would be most willing to vote Kara or Atrahal. The fact that Kesso is still obsessing over Osseric, and has left his vote there even though the thread has clearly moved on is a bit disturbing.

And lo and behold. You crawled out of the woodwork. Got pissed, wrote a long post. One could almost think it had a positive effect no? You ask me to hunt scum, but not you, which hardly makes sense as I don't know that you're not scum. In fact I don't know anything about you. Or I didn't. After this post I feel I have a much better grasp.

You might get all ruffled from the pressure, but in my opinion this is the way to hunt for scum.

That was Okaros. I suggested that it'd be amongts the safest times to silence a scum the day following the Okaros debacle. Now Kessobahn will be out for my blood I guess. He'll need new ink for that WIFOM stamp of his though, I think he used it all covering the thread on day 1.

#812 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

View PostKorlat, on 12 January 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

Atrahal is a better choice, but I do have a hard time making a vote purely based on WIFOM, which would be my basis for that vote. I'd still much rather vote Korlat, especially as she's shown herself unwilling to approach my attacks on her with anything other than dismissal based on premises that do not exist. Or to say it differently: She's arguing against an imaginary person today too and it makes me suspicious.

What in the hell are you talking about? You are barking up the wrong tree bub. . Try not to hone in on me to the exclusion of the real scum just because you have a hunch. I answered your "case" I can try again if it makes you feel better. But the fact is, your "case" is a gut call that you are looking to try to make into valid reasons. There is a reason you have to keep asking people to look at me, it's because no one see's my play the way you do.

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

View PostEloth, on 12 January 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

I know I have been jumping on this thing for a while, but since you're here now Eloth and Shelly, what do you think of Korlat? I'm not completely oblivious to my tendency to get a little obsessed with single players (which sometimes turn out well founded and other times not) so I'd like to know what other people think of my line of reasoning.

Can I have a quick run down of what you think? I know you are mentioning him a lot but I am finding it hard to find your case.

Without seeing your case I would say that I don't have a read on Korlat and I would need to take a closer look

My case was mainly that she (girl dragone = she) has been arguing against theories not presented by anyone so blatantly that she's either been skimming or has purposefully misunderstood arguments in order to make them easier to argue against. Either way it's scummy behaviour in my opinion.

It's not massively strong as far as cases go, but then Korlat hasn't really joined in to the extent that a true case can be made, which further strengthens my suspicions.

I addressed you once, how has that not made me one to "join in"? How have I been arguing "so blatently"? I made a point on OSSERIC's post, and you rush in to tell me (once again to the aid of Osseric) that I incorrectly interpreted HIS post. (note, Osseric made no mentiion of my post. I feel if I was as far off base as Sorrit seems to imply, that Osseric would have said something.) Thats your "case" It's crap, and the fact that you have to keep asking people to look at me, ( which is fine by me), just reinforces the fact that you have nothing and are reaching and fixating. (this is NOT good town behavior).

Sorrit, pull your head out of your ass and do something worthwhile to help town. Instead of using my limited time on thread to hunt scum, I am forced to reply to your poorly disguised "gut" evaluation of me. Do something useful, pull off your blinders, and look for the real bad guys.

That being said, I don't consider Sorrit a good scum candidate. I don't see scum fixating upon one individual the way he has.

Also I don't get scum vibes from Osseric, Olar, or Okaros. ( thats a lot of O's) unless more comes to light, they would be lower on my list Though of the three Olar is a little more suspect .

The Atrahal vote is interesting, and as someone else brought up, after all the talk of giving Okaros a free pass on day 1 , scum might try to get a free day and silence on day 2. Also, atrahal was middle of the pack on the lynch train and pulled the "I am not coming back, here's my vote". This leaves remaining town in a tight spot I am not saying he didn't legitamately have to go, but it cements the outcome just a little bit more. Really hard to change after halfway with only 5-7 hrs left.

Eloth has been pinging my scumdar a bit. AS someone mentiond, a few times after reading some of his posts, I get the feeling of posting for the sake of posting.

Silanah I have no read at all on.

Shelly is a dead dragon walking

Karatallid and Kesso to me are playing a pretty smooth, even keeled game. Wouldn't be surprised if one of those 2 turned out to be scum. Very few waves thrown up by either of them.

Tulas Shorn No real read, i would like to go back and look at him a bit closer.

I will be around for the lynch, off and on here for the next 4 hours.

Not going to throw a vote just yet, I don't want to make an unavoidable train. Of the 4 currently with votes, I would be most willing to vote Kara or Atrahal. The fact that Kesso is still obsessing over Osseric, and has left his vote there even though the thread has clearly moved on is a bit disturbing.

And lo and behold. You crawled out of the woodwork. Got pissed, wrote a long post. One could almost think it had a positive effect no? You ask me to hunt scum, but not you, which hardly makes sense as I don't know that you're not scum. In fact I don't know anything about you. Or I didn't. After this post I feel I have a much better grasp.

You might get all ruffled from the pressure, but in my opinion this is the way to hunt for scum.

That was Okaros. I suggested that it'd be amongts the safest times to silence a scum the day following the Okaros debacle. Now Kessobahn will be out for my blood I guess. He'll need new ink for that WIFOM stamp of his though, I think he used it all covering the thread on day 1.

because we all know town always needs wifom, right?
remove vote

vote Atrahal

#813 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

Town needs to discuss what's going on.

#814 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

It is Day 2. 20 minutes remaining

12 Players still alive: Atrahal, Eloth, Karatallid, Kessobahn, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Osseric, Sheltatha Lore, Silanah, Sorrit, Tulas Shorn

7 votes to lynch, 6 votes to go to night.

6 Votes for Atrahal ( Sheltatha Lore, Eloth, Sorrit, Osseric, Okaros, Kessobahn )
1 Vote for Olar Ethil ( Karatallid )
1 Vote for Karatallid ( Tulas Shorn )

Players not voted: Atrahal, Korlat, Olar Ethil, Silanah
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#815 User is offline   Atrahal 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

Posted Image

#816 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

there are many ares of discussion that are productive to town.

wifom is never one of them.

#817 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:06 PM

I'm glad I checked the thread before posting a vote... Anyone got anything else to say in the last 20 minutes?

#818 User is offline   Olar Ethil 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:06 PM

a lynch will benefit town more than not. we all knwo this. i can stay to hammer if needed. but I don't like the lynch. my gut says scum has played us into lynching him. and if it's unavoidable, at least we can analyze the train after wards. i dunno. i shoud post more. need to buy some beer.

#819 User is offline   Atrahal 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Atrahal: 12 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

#820 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

View PostKessobahn, on 12 January 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

there are many ares of discussion that are productive to town.

wifom is never one of them.

Keep telling yourself that if that's what you believe. Sure, WIFOM is typically a thing to be avoided, but only people incapable of adaptive thinking (or idiots) make absolute rules in a game as fluid as mafia. Even a healer can find times when revealing becomes necessary (though not this time around).

Share this topic:

• 66 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

12 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users