• You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 80 - The Benses IV Flocking Dragons

#761 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

View PostAtrahal, on 12 January 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

Yeah, I find myself much more comfortable voting for Atrahal following Karatallid's case. Although I'll hold until Atrahal finishes whatever argument he's planning to make.

Posted Image

This is what you made us wait for?

#762 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

So it would seem. Ah well, of the seemingly viable options on the table at this point I'm rather comfortable with voting Atrahal. I've stated my reasons previously.

Vote Atrahal

#763 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

It is Day 2. 7 hours and 27 minutes remaining

12 Players still alive: Atrahal, Eloth, Karatallid, Kessobahn, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Osseric, Sheltatha Lore, Silanah, Sorrit, Tulas Shorn

7 votes to lynch, 6 votes to go to night.

3 Votes for Atrahal ( Sheltatha Lore, Eloth, Sorrit )
1 Vote for Olar Ethil ( Karatallid )
1 Vote for Osseric ( Kessobahn )
1 Vote for Karatallid ( Tulas Shorn )

Players not voted: Atrahal, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Osseric, Silanah

Keep your votes on a separate line please!
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#764 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostKaratallid, on 12 January 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

So with all that, I'm not really ready to lynch Atrahal. I don't see him defending himself adequately with pictures (despite some people's high expectations of the silenced) and given his current day 2 posts, I think if he's town we want him around. He needs to post more of his savvy thoughts, and I'm willing to give him one more day on probation.

I'm catching up.

It sure was nice of you to defend the silenced player. I'm sure he would appreciate that. It was actually quite convincing, too.

View PostOkaros, on 12 January 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

Well, I guess we've found Atrahal's symp then :rofl:

If Atrahal comes up scum, you're damn right.

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 12 January 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

View PostSilanah, on 12 January 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

Oh, do you disagree with Kara's post on Atra then?

Even if you agree with the general sentiment of Kara (I don't), it is really odd that someone goes to the effort of dragging up so many quotes and effectively making a case of someone else being town. Most people don't go to that length even on their own defense, especially so early in the game.

If they are both RI, how can Kara be so certain of Atrahal's innocence that he goes this far? I mean, what he has essentially done is to forge a connection in everyone's mind that they are related, without waiting for Atrahal to post something first. Very unusual.

Also, how many votes does Atrahal have? The one vote he has certainly does seems not that many, even though I am so awesome that my vote ought to count double.

To be fair, he was looking at Atrahal's posts to see if he agreed with a few people's assessment that Atra seemed scummy. Kara didn't find him scummy, and made that clear with quotes instead of just saying it. I think he also chose to do that because Atra is silenced. I don't see how to defend yourself much when silenced.

#765 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

Ah, seems day 2 wasn't nearly as active as day 1. Only 7 hours left.

I'm not putting my vote down yet for a reason. I'll b around off and on until time out, and I don't want to contribute to the only one train lynch. So I'm going to stick around and hear any other sides, then vote accordingly.

#766 User is offline   Atrahal 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostTiamatha, on 11 January 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 11 January 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

View PostTiamatha, on 11 January 2012 - 04:57 AM, said:

Also, Atrahal is scum.

Random statement. Why?

Woman's intuition.

Posted Image

#767 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

At the moment, any vote I make will be going on Atrahal because that's the case I made and I'm sticking to it. It's up to others to convince me to vote a different way by coming up with something else if they don't like the Atrahal reasoning. So I'm all ears.

#768 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

It is Day 2. 5 hours and 47 minutes remaining

12 Players still alive: Atrahal, Eloth, Karatallid, Kessobahn, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Osseric, Sheltatha Lore, Silanah, Sorrit, Tulas Shorn

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#769 User is offline   Karatallid 

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:secks

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

Anyone around? I made it for a quick lunch break! Doesn't look like much has happened though.

#770 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:30 PM

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 12 January 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

That was a very quiet few hours.
Oh well. When I woke up, I realized what has been bugging me so much today about Atrahal. It has been quoted elsewhere as an illustration, but.... think of this. They're not saying much, aren't accusing people, are basically coasting. What benefit (laughs excluded) has silencing such a player over a more vocal, potentially thread-steering one? None whatsoever. Unless you want to legitimize their posting style. In which case, scum benefits. After yesterday's debate, it also seemed a decent bet to leave the silenced one alone, too, which adds to the tactical value of silencing now.

This is almost a little embarrassing, but - and yes Olar, this is WIFOM, good boy - I was thinking at the end of day 1 that I wouldn't be surprised if the scum took advantage of the environment caused by Osseric and I to silence one of themselves for today. When I saw they'd picked Atrahal, the most middle of the road, bland player after Silanah I became a little more suspicious.

On the other hand, that alas is all WIFOM, but WIFOM is not some sort of stamp that when applied forces you to ignore everything it's stuck to.

Huh, well, that's not a jabb at you Shelly, though it may sound like it. I'm simply frustrated.

except it should be.
unless you are scum

#771 User is offline   Karatallid 

• Lieutenant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostOsseric, on 12 January 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

View PostKaratallid, on 12 January 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

So with all that, I'm not really ready to lynch Atrahal. I don't see him defending himself adequately with pictures (despite some people's high expectations of the silenced) and given his current day 2 posts, I think if he's town we want him around. He needs to post more of his savvy thoughts, and I'm willing to give him one more day on probation.

I'm catching up.

It sure was nice of you to defend the silenced player. I'm sure he would appreciate that. It was actually quite convincing, too.

View PostOkaros, on 12 January 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

Well, I guess we've found Atrahal's symp then :rofl:

If Atrahal comes up scum, you're damn right.

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 12 January 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

View PostSilanah, on 12 January 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

Oh, do you disagree with Kara's post on Atra then?

Even if you agree with the general sentiment of Kara (I don't), it is really odd that someone goes to the effort of dragging up so many quotes and effectively making a case of someone else being town. Most people don't go to that length even on their own defense, especially so early in the game.

If they are both RI, how can Kara be so certain of Atrahal's innocence that he goes this far? I mean, what he has essentially done is to forge a connection in everyone's mind that they are related, without waiting for Atrahal to post something first. Very unusual.

Also, how many votes does Atrahal have? The one vote he has certainly does seems not that many, even though I am so awesome that my vote ought to count double.

To be fair, he was looking at Atrahal's posts to see if he agreed with a few people's assessment that Atra seemed scummy. Kara didn't find him scummy, and made that clear with quotes instead of just saying it. I think he also chose to do that because Atra is silenced. I don't see how to defend yourself much when silenced.

Yeah, I don't have that much at stake in Atrahal actually. I just am trying to think through the cases and a lot of people were piling on Atrahal (probably some scum within that crowd too I'd imagine with how quickly people discount my case without actually analyzing it, aside from Osseric).

Moreover, Okaros' case wasn't all that convincing and since I actually did the work of carefully reading over Atrahal's posts, I didn't see why I should withhold my thoughts (my mistake apparently). It wasn't really a ringing defense case either with pointing out some suspicious behavoir in some of his posts.

I'm just surprised how with 5 hours left in the day we so quickly develop tunnel vision. I mean what are we going to do if he comes up innocent?

And it's not like Olar Ethil has actually responded to my accusations, so there my vote stays for the time being.

#772 User is offline   Karatallid 

• Lieutenant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostKessobahn, on 12 January 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 12 January 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

That was a very quiet few hours.
Oh well. When I woke up, I realized what has been bugging me so much today about Atrahal. It has been quoted elsewhere as an illustration, but.... think of this. They're not saying much, aren't accusing people, are basically coasting. What benefit (laughs excluded) has silencing such a player over a more vocal, potentially thread-steering one? None whatsoever. Unless you want to legitimize their posting style. In which case, scum benefits. After yesterday's debate, it also seemed a decent bet to leave the silenced one alone, too, which adds to the tactical value of silencing now.

This is almost a little embarrassing, but - and yes Olar, this is WIFOM, good boy - I was thinking at the end of day 1 that I wouldn't be surprised if the scum took advantage of the environment caused by Osseric and I to silence one of themselves for today. When I saw they'd picked Atrahal, the most middle of the road, bland player after Silanah I became a little more suspicious.

On the other hand, that alas is all WIFOM, but WIFOM is not some sort of stamp that when applied forces you to ignore everything it's stuck to.

Huh, well, that's not a jabb at you Shelly, though it may sound like it. I'm simply frustrated.

except it should be.
unless you are scum

Why hello Queso. not the most friendly face I could hope to meet during this quickly disappearing lunch break. What do you think of Atrahal and OE?

#773 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

i'll need to re-read atrahal. I can see where people are coming from in that he's been as non-commiting as can be during day 1, which was.... rather charged, by our standards.
fortunately, I've got an hour and a half till next class, so I can do that.

Apologies for not posting much yesterday, Wednesday when i'm scheduled to work are my bitch days (i'm out for 11+ hours of school/work), and Iwhne I came home, I just collapsed.

as for OE..... I don't really see scum. misguided townie? mebbe. not hearing scum from what i've read.

#774 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

This is OE's last post.

View PostOlar Ethil, on 11 January 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 11 January 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

I've made some mistakes this game so far. I'm not going to deny that. But you take everything and push it out of proportion, OE. I literally just told everyone that the reason I find you scummy may just be because of your case against me. How then do you use that against me? I can't control what my gut feels. I can try to explain it, and I did. Now you're just being a dick. Well, a bigger dick than you have been this whole time,

i'm not trying to personally fuck you in the ass like you may deserve - is this your homework larry? - but i am trying to be clear. making a case on someone is not inherently scummy. period. how that case is made, what the evidence is, all of that matters. your only response to my (admittedly weak, day 1) case was that it was "seriously retarded." this, combined with your gut feeling that my case against you makes me scum, is called "OMGUS". i realize you don't like it when I hassle you for fucking shit up but you can't just complain about it and expect it to go away.

if you want to say that your gut says I'm scum, fine, leave it at that. if you want to accuse me any further you need to actually show WHY you think i'm scummy instead of telling everyone that i'm retarded (the effects of which i admit alcohol can reproduce....)

as for who I - yes, me, I - think is scummy, well, that will have to wait until I can find some more booze.

edit - guy to gut

So he left and hasn't been back since then. Didn't mention if he would be back before lynch... deja vu

#775 User is offline   Karatallid 

• Lieutenant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostTulas Shorn, on 12 January 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

Back with some thoughts on the readup.

First of all, I think Korlat and Eloth's posts about disparaging the Tiam lynch were at least in part directed at me. I wasn't arguing that we should not of gotten a lynch on day one. I'm also perfectly aware that day 1 lynches are often going to end up being pretty random since there isn't much to go on. That doesn't mean, however, that we can't look and see how people may have used that day 1 lynch towards their own ends.

In other news, as I was reading page 16 I just got this distinct impression that Eloth was making up stuff for the sake of getting posts and appear to be contributing. Just a hunch, mind. Someone else go back and read page 16 and tell me if you get what I'm sayin'. Or tell me I'm jumping at shadows. Either way, I'd like to know someone else's opinion.

Sorry for slim contribution - I've found myself with a very specific and rather slender window of play opportunity this time around.

View PostTulas Shorn, on 12 January 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

Posts 603, 619,620, 635. They just seemed out of synch with what was around them, and there was no relation from one post to the next.

View PostTulas Shorn, on 12 January 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

Fair enough.

In terms of votes, I will go ahead and Vote Karatallidbecause of my earlier posts, and, I'm curious as to what sort of interesting rhetoric tool he'll use to prove his innocence or the invalidity of my argument.

As for the other 3 with votes already, I would vote for Atrahal. Osseric I think is an inno who glommed onto an idea and decided to defend it, and then said some other stuff out of frustration. Olar Ethil I don't have much of a feel on, except that his posts seem too impolite to be hiding scum.

I'm kind of confused here. You spent your previous posts digging at Eloth, even going so far as to quote the post #'s (so very helpful, so much easier to find and read them that way). And then you vote for me. Moreover, what argument? You mean the invalidity of your recent argument against eloth? Not sure why I would bother arguing my innocence with your arguments about another person.

#776 User is offline   Karatallid 

• Lieutenant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

View PostOsseric, on 12 January 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

This is OE's last post.

View PostOlar Ethil, on 11 January 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 11 January 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

I've made some mistakes this game so far. I'm not going to deny that. But you take everything and push it out of proportion, OE. I literally just told everyone that the reason I find you scummy may just be because of your case against me. How then do you use that against me? I can't control what my gut feels. I can try to explain it, and I did. Now you're just being a dick. Well, a bigger dick than you have been this whole time,

i'm not trying to personally fuck you in the ass like you may deserve - is this your homework larry? - but i am trying to be clear. making a case on someone is not inherently scummy. period. how that case is made, what the evidence is, all of that matters. your only response to my (admittedly weak, day 1) case was that it was "seriously retarded." this, combined with your gut feeling that my case against you makes me scum, is called "OMGUS". i realize you don't like it when I hassle you for fucking shit up but you can't just complain about it and expect it to go away.

if you want to say that your gut says I'm scum, fine, leave it at that. if you want to accuse me any further you need to actually show WHY you think i'm scummy instead of telling everyone that i'm retarded (the effects of which i admit alcohol can reproduce....)

as for who I - yes, me, I - think is scummy, well, that will have to wait until I can find some more booze.

edit - guy to gut

So he left and hasn't been back since then. Didn't mention if he would be back before lynch... deja vu

Yeah with such crisp, clear posts like that, I feel pretty good about voting for him.

#777 User is offline   Karatallid 

• Lieutenant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

Sigh, lunch break is over. Definitely will not be back for the lynch today. Sorry all. But at least I got in for lunch. I know you all missed me. Ta ta!

#778 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

It is Day 2. 3 hours and 30 minutes remaining

#779 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

I hate when people leave without casting a vote.

3.5 hours left with 4 votes needed on the highest train.

#780 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

well, Karat voted. and i'm still here.

just have to get caught up on classwork first, it'll take another 15 min.

Share this topic:

• 66 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

70 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 70 guests, 0 anonymous users