• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 80 - The Benses IV Flocking Dragons

#721 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:32 AM

This mod is going to bed. Try not to break all of the windows in the house... JA will be back soon.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#722 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:07 AM

That was a very quiet few hours.
Oh well. When I woke up, I realized what has been bugging me so much today about Atrahal. It has been quoted elsewhere as an illustration, but.... think of this. They're not saying much, aren't accusing people, are basically coasting. What benefit (laughs excluded) has silencing such a player over a more vocal, potentially thread-steering one? None whatsoever. Unless you want to legitimize their posting style. In which case, scum benefits. After yesterday's debate, it also seemed a decent bet to leave the silenced one alone, too, which adds to the tactical value of silencing now.

#723 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:27 AM

It is Day 2. 13 hours and 56 minutes remaining

12 Players still alive: Atrahal, Eloth, Karatallid, Kessobahn, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Osseric, Sheltatha Lore, Silanah, Sorrit, Tulas Shorn

7 votes to lynch, 6 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Atrahal ( Sheltatha Lore )
1 Vote for Osseric ( Kessobahn )
1 Vote for Silanah ( Karatallid )

Players not voted: Atrahal, Eloth, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Osseric, Silanah, Sorrit, Tulas Shorn
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#724 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

I know I should let this go, but I am simply incapable of allowing this sort of unfound hovering unless it's from me.

View PostOlar Ethil, on 11 January 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 11 January 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

Well I don't have very good handles on people, honestly. I never do day 2, I haven't built that skill yet.

I get the scummy feeling from Atrahal and OE. I had that feeling from SL, but that seems unlikely now.

All of these are gut things, I haven't done any digging. So take that as you will. OE may be because of his seriously retarded case against me.

SL may be playing us all for fools by counter claiming my obvious fake claim. So he could still be scum, but that seems unlikely.

this is what we call "OMGUS". this must be a learning game for you. yesterday, you got a lesson in WIFOM. today, it's OMGUS. tomorrow it's probably going to be voting night or something.

Look, if you'd paid attention, Olar, you would have seen that if anyone received a lecture in WIFOM it was you. Yet alas, you failed to understand when explained in short, simple sentences and as such will get an F on your test. Better luck next year.

#725 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:44 AM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 12 January 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

That was a very quiet few hours.
Oh well. When I woke up, I realized what has been bugging me so much today about Atrahal. It has been quoted elsewhere as an illustration, but.... think of this. They're not saying much, aren't accusing people, are basically coasting. What benefit (laughs excluded) has silencing such a player over a more vocal, potentially thread-steering one? None whatsoever. Unless you want to legitimize their posting style. In which case, scum benefits. After yesterday's debate, it also seemed a decent bet to leave the silenced one alone, too, which adds to the tactical value of silencing now.

This is almost a little embarrassing, but - and yes Olar, this is WIFOM, good boy - I was thinking at the end of day 1 that I wouldn't be surprised if the scum took advantage of the environment caused by Osseric and I to silence one of themselves for today. When I saw they'd picked Atrahal, the most middle of the road, bland player after Silanah I became a little more suspicious.

On the other hand, that alas is all WIFOM, but WIFOM is not some sort of stamp that when applied forces you to ignore everything it's stuck to.

Huh, well, that's not a jabb at you Shelly, though it may sound like it. I'm simply frustrated.

#726 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:47 AM

I have always been fond of taking out the low posters myself, so Silanah is not someone I'd be uncomfortable voting for. However, I've yet to experience scum being the lowest poster, simply for that reason and as such I'm a little skeptical.

Atrahal is a better choice, but I do have a hard time making a vote purely based on WIFOM, which would be my basis for that vote. I'd still much rather vote Korlat, especially as she's shown herself unwilling to approach my attacks on her with anything other than dismissal based on premises that do not exist. Or to say it differently: She's arguing against an imaginary person today too and it makes me suspicious.

edit: I just noticed that Tulas Shorn share the I do not deserve to live position with Silanah, meaning they've both posted only a total of 15 posts each. Silanah's been contributing less I think, but I can't seem to remember any significant posted by our dear TS.

This post has been edited by Sorrit: 12 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

#727 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:58 AM

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

I have always been fond of taking out the low posters myself, so Silanah is not someone I'd be uncomfortable voting for. However, I've yet to experience scum being the lowest poster, simply for that reason and as such I'm a little skeptical.

Atrahal is a better choice, but I do have a hard time making a vote purely based on WIFOM, which would be my basis for that vote. I'd still much rather vote Korlat, especially as she's shown herself unwilling to approach my attacks on her with anything other than dismissal based on premises that do not exist. Or to say it differently: She's arguing against an imaginary person today too and it makes me suspicious.

edit: I just noticed that Tulas Shorn share the I do not deserve to live position with Silanah, meaning they've both posted only a total of 15 posts each. Silanah's been contributing less I think, but I can't seem to remember any significant posted by our dear TS.

To be fair TS was away most of day one, and posted a fair bit after the lynch.

#728 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

Morning, I have a little free time so will be around for a while, just reading through

#729 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

Huh, well, that's not a jabb at you Shelly, though it may sound like it. I'm simply frustrated.

Not taken as such, anyway.

#730 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:06 AM

View PostSilanah, on 12 January 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

Just popping in to read and comment quickly.

This healer thing is unfortunate... The whole thing is just stupid, for reasons detailed by others already.

Still it makes me fairly sure that Osseric is town. And as such I'm not sure he's worth paying much more attention to at this stage.
I disagree with what (someone) said about yesterday's lynch being such a terrible waste, if we can get past the Okaros/Osseric thing, and people seem to be doing this, there's a number of cases and summaries now, and they look pretty interesting. I will take a closer look at them when I get back later.

As to the prodding coming my way, there's not much I can say to that. I have been low posting (I blame alcohol, if I may), but not intentially coasting as I think Eloth has accused me of. All I can really do in response is contribute more *shrug*

I'll be back in a couple of hours when work's over.

Well that's fine by me, you post more and give us your thoughts and feelings and my accusation of coasting does go to pots.

Yet you have been purposefully low posting and a few games ago Kurt did this to us in epic fashion, D'rek's signature still holds his middle finger quote, so yeah it'd be good for you to comment more on the thread than purposefully low post regardless of alcohol :rofl: In fact I'd probably like to see some drunk posts from you if you gt intoxicated again :crybaby:

#731 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:09 AM

View PostEloth, on 12 January 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

View PostSilanah, on 12 January 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

Just popping in to read and comment quickly.

This healer thing is unfortunate... The whole thing is just stupid, for reasons detailed by others already.

Still it makes me fairly sure that Osseric is town. And as such I'm not sure he's worth paying much more attention to at this stage.
I disagree with what (someone) said about yesterday's lynch being such a terrible waste, if we can get past the Okaros/Osseric thing, and people seem to be doing this, there's a number of cases and summaries now, and they look pretty interesting. I will take a closer look at them when I get back later.

As to the prodding coming my way, there's not much I can say to that. I have been low posting (I blame alcohol, if I may), but not intentially coasting as I think Eloth has accused me of. All I can really do in response is contribute more *shrug*

I'll be back in a couple of hours when work's over.

Well that's fine by me, you post more and give us your thoughts and feelings and my accusation of coasting does go to pots.

Yet you have been purposefully low posting and a few games ago Kurt did this to us in epic fashion, D'rek's signature still holds his middle finger quote, so yeah it'd be good for you to comment more on the thread than purposefully low post regardless of alcohol :rofl: In fact I'd probably like to see some drunk posts from you if you gt intoxicated again :crybaby:

I once told everyone on thread that I was a killer and Yellow was my partner on day 1. I was as drunk as drunk can be and no one believed me. Neither of us got lynched and we won seeing how I was a killer and Yellow my partner...

So, always get people to drunk post.

#732 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

Reading through the thread a lot of people have suspects but Atrahal has grown in stature as scum because more and more people are thinking it. I looked at Okaros' case there and I kind of agree with him, Atrahal's posts have not really been accusing, they have been either agreeable or questioning without adding his own thoughts on the matter. I'm not sure to make of it, I want to know why other people think he is scummy.

Thinking about how yesterday panned out with the silenced player that today would be a good day for scum to be the one who is silenced, Osseric could not get enough support to randomly vote off the silenced player on day one and because of this the scum team may have thought it would be one of the safest days to silence scum. I mention this because someone mentioned earlier that Atrahal wasn't an accuser on day one, he was middle of the raod safe, so why silence someone who didn't have a lot of posts, or who had not accused anyone?

This post has been edited by Eloth: 12 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

#733 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

View PostEloth, on 12 January 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

Reading through the thread a lot of people have suspects but Atrahal has grown in stature as scum because more and more people are thinking it. I looked at Okaros' case there and I kind of agree with him, Atrahal's posts have not really been accusing, they have been either agreeable or questioning without adding his own thoughts on the matter. I'm not sure to make of it, I want to know why other people think he is scummy.

Thinking about how yesterday panned out with the silenced player that today would be a good day for scum to be the one who is silenced, Osseric could not get enough support to randomly vote off the silenced player on day one and because of this the scum team may have thought it would be one of the safest days to silence scum. I mention this because someone mentioned earlier that Atrahal wasn't an accuser on day one, he was middle of the raod safe, so why silence someone who didn't have a lot of posts, or who had not accused anyone?

That would be me.
I have my vote on Atrahal already (so little more I can do) and will keep it there unless someone makes an amazingly convincing case.

#734 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

Also a point, people are making lists this early? We have one lynch train to go off, and one death, we don't have as many interaction between known entities such as Tiamatha and Galayn Lord. I think it is a bit too early to be making lists on players as they make people lazy. Some people stand out and some people don't as of yet. I find that if several people are finding something off about a player then that player should be looked at more thoroughly.

#735 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

I know I have been jumping on this thing for a while, but since you're here now Eloth and Shelly, what do you think of Korlat? I'm not completely oblivious to my tendency to get a little obsessed with single players (which sometimes turn out well founded and other times not) so I'd like to know what other people think of my line of reasoning.

#736 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 12 January 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

That would be me.
I have my vote on Atrahal already (so little more I can do) and will keep it there unless someone makes an amazingly convincing case.

Well for now I want to hear what Atrahal's thoughts are on the matter, I know he is silenced but that doesn't mean he cannot defend himself, it just makes it harder.

Vote Atrahal

I'll be around later on towards day end and like you will change my vote if something more interesting comes along, but for now I am happy with my vote.

#737 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

I know I have been jumping on this thing for a while, but since you're here now Eloth and Shelly, what do you think of Korlat? I'm not completely oblivious to my tendency to get a little obsessed with single players (which sometimes turn out well founded and other times not) so I'd like to know what other people think of my line of reasoning.

Can I have a quick run down of what you think? I know you are mentioning him a lot but I am finding it hard to find your case.

Without seeing your case I would say that I don't have a read on Korlat and I would need to take a closer look

#738 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

View PostEloth, on 12 January 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 12 January 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

Can I have a quick run down of what you think? I know you are mentioning him a lot but I am finding it hard to find your case.

Without seeing your case I would say that I don't have a read on Korlat and I would need to take a closer look

My case was mainly that she (girl dragone = she) has been arguing against theories not presented by anyone so blatantly that she's either been skimming or has purposefully misunderstood arguments in order to make them easier to argue against. Either way it's scummy behaviour in my opinion.

It's not massively strong as far as cases go, but then Korlat hasn't really joined in to the extent that a true case can be made, which further strengthens my suspicions.

#739 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

I know this is edging even further into WIFOM territory, but GL was was a pretty active contributer, making Atra seem like less of a target. Unless Atra was chosen because of Tiam's comment. Meh WIFOM. It just popped into my head when I was reading this, though.

#740 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:24 AM

View PostEloth, on 12 January 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

Also a point, people are making lists this early? We have one lynch train to go off, and one death, we don't have as many interaction between known entities such as Tiamatha and Galayn Lord. I think it is a bit too early to be making lists on players as they make people lazy. Some people stand out and some people don't as of yet. I find that if several people are finding something off about a player then that player should be looked at more thoroughly.

I wanted my thoughts on thread, as, without being melodramatic, I'm a fairly good target for a kill what's with the start of day 2's shenanigans.

Share this topic:

• 66 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

40 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users