Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#263 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

View PostOsseric, on 10 January 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

Fuck you Kessobahn, if you really think this is leading nowhere. It's clearly leading to mine or Okaros's lynch. ITS FUCKING DAY 1. A tad self righteous with your oh so great commitment to furthering the day 1 mafia game?

^_^ < MFW you say BB has nothing to lose being lynched day 1. The guy has 2 lives. He doesn't get to keep jumping forever. If I were BB, you could consider me mentally handicapped. As of your last post, I'll consider you as such for this game. To be put quietly to the side, where no one will listen to your shat.

So clearly BB has a lot to lose. He has potential extra days to lose, if he were to die day 1. That would be the best possible lynch for the game. UB has a lot to lose as well. He dpesn't respawn, and then there is no symp nor silence for the rest of the game.

So why the fuck would I be doing what I'm doing on day 1, if I were either of those roles? I brought up the case before anyone was accused of anything, so there is no possible symping I could be doing there. I see no possibility as to why you could think I'm scum for this. We've actually had debate on day 1.

And you call my logic flawed... damn.

the probhlem is, it's not leading to either lync the way it's sitting now.
you make an argument, based on Wifom. several people call you out on it.

your response? "well, if I was scum, i'd have to be a goddamn idiot to make this argument"--which is fine, it has more people nodding hteir heads, saying "yep, he's gotta be an idiot all right".

except..... guess what?

what you've done is just added EVEN MORE WIFOM.

so, to recap:

you want to use wifom to get a silenced player lynched.

you ALSO use wifom to avoid your own lynch.

you have done nothing but wifom the entire day. And yes, I will call you out on it every single time, because it's not helping town. iether you are scum, or if, you're town, you're not helping.

which makes you a good Day 1 lynch regardless.

#264 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

I'm not arguing WIFOM... how many times do I have to say that.

My theory is WIFOM.

But I'm not arguing the validity of my theory. You can't argue WIFOM, it's not possible.

I'm arguing that it makes sense to test the theory on day 1, where there's no harm to come from it.

Get off your high horse. WIFOM is bad, we all know that. That's why I'm not arguing it. Some people disagree with me, and say it's not a good idea to test my theory on day 1. I don't understand why, but that's fine, that's an opinion. YOU, Kesso, are trying to debase my theory because of WIFOM when that doesn't matter at all to what I'm saying.

#265 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

View PostOsseric, on 10 January 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

My theory is WIFOM.

But I'm not arguing the validity of my theory. You can't argue WIFOM, it's not possible.

I'm arguing that it makes sense to test the theory on day 1, where there's no harm to come from it.

Get off your high horse. WIFOM is bad, we all know that. That's why I'm not arguing it. Some people disagree with me, and say it's not a good idea to test my theory on day 1. I don't understand why, but that's fine, that's an opinion. YOU, Kesso, are trying to debase my theory because of WIFOM when that doesn't matter at all to what I'm saying.

are you even listening to yourself?

"My theory is wifom"

"wifom is bad"

it doesn't matter that wifom is bad, because even though my theory is wifom, it doesn't matter at all to what i'm saying"

you are trying to come up with an elaborate reason to vote the silenced player. Granted, this sparked a ton of discussion, for which i'm grateful, sice it does give us a lot of info to work with.

However, the way you go about trying to justfy your theory is uber-scummy.

#266 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

The way you're attempting to debase it makes no sense.

My theory is WIFOM. Yes, I said that. Trying to argue WIFOM is bad, yes. I'm not arguing WIFOM. Whether or not my theory is true, the argument is that now would be the best time to find out. There is no debating that. People can (and have) said that they'd rather not try it out at all. That's fine. You say that because my theory is WIFOM, it invalidates the argument that day 1 is the time to test this theory. That makes no sense.

#267 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

oh, and to clarify: i'mnot debasing your theory. there's sufficient merit in voting for the silenced player--the numbers are no worse than a random lynch.
no, i'm debasing YOU for the manner in which you present your argument, and your seeming intent to flood hte thread in WIFOM.

#268 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

View PostOsseric, on 10 January 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

The way you're attempting to debase it makes no sense.

My theory is WIFOM. Yes, I said that. Trying to argue WIFOM is bad, yes. I'm not arguing WIFOM. Whether or not my theory is true, the argument is that now would be the best time to find out. There is no debating that. People can (and have) said that they'd rather not try it out at all. That's fine. You say that because my theory is WIFOM, it invalidates the argument that day 1 is the time to test this theory. That makes no sense.

sigh
my argument is simple

WIFOM is bad. period.

anyone bringing up wifom is bad for town. period

you bring up wifom.

your theory is wifom

ergo, you are bad for town. period

#269 User is offline   Tiamatha 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

View PostKessobahn, on 10 January 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

My theory is WIFOM.

"My theory is wifom"

"wifom is bad"

it doesn't matter that wifom is bad, because even though my theory is wifom, it doesn't matter at all to what i'm saying"

you are trying to come up with an elaborate reason to vote the silenced player. Granted, this sparked a ton of discussion, for which i'm grateful, sice it does give us a lot of info to work with.

If Ricky were scum, I don't think he would pursue lu bu this much. Putting this much neck out to lynch a day 1 inno? Nooope!

#270 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

View PostTiamatha, on 10 January 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

My theory is WIFOM.

"My theory is wifom"

"wifom is bad"

If Ricky were scum, I don't think he would pursue lu bu this much. Putting this much neck out to lynch a day 1 inno? Nooope!

???

#271 User is offline   Tiamatha 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

View PostKessobahn, on 10 January 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

My theory is WIFOM.

"My theory is wifom"

"wifom is bad"

???

!!!

$$$

(Ricky = Osseric)

;;;

#272 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

View PostTiamatha, on 10 January 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

My theory is WIFOM.

"My theory is wifom"

"wifom is bad"

???

!!!

$$

(Ricky = Osseric)

;;;

once again, as much as it seems like the common sense argument, this could be exactly what he wants us to think. it's untestable.

the very fact that he started out with wifom makes him suspicious. I have not seen a better lynch candidate yet, who is genuinely suspicious.

#273 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostAtrahal, on 10 January 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 10 January 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

Okay so it's pretty obvious from my postings that I'm either symp or RI. I'm really putting myself out there with a theory that isn't so normal. I'm RI, but there's no way for you to know that for sure unless you test it.

I'm saying don't vote me today, as that's wasteful. If we vote Okaros today, and he comes up scum, you have me PIed. If he comes up inno, you can vote me tomorrow if you really feel the need. The point is that voting me today doesn't do anything, really. If Okaros ends up inno, hopefully roleless, then you can fucking vote me if your damn minds won't let you do otherwise. Losing me only loses town a vocal player, nothing more. But I'd much prefer seeing Okaros dead today, so you guys can at least have something to work with (Sorrit backing me up, or GL vehemently opposing me).

As to Okaros being knocked off without being able to defend himself, sorry if I'm being callous, but OH WELL. It's mafia, someone has to be lynched day 1. Sometimes you just fucking die. I'm not going to cry if I get voted off day 1.

Something about this post bothers me, Osseric. You're essentially betting your life that Okaros is scum, even though there's no way you can know. I'm glad of any vocal player, but you're trying to lead the thread. Being absent doesn't save people from getting voted, so I doubt that silence will keep Okaros safe if everybody goes that way.

I get a vibe from you like someone that;s L-1 or thereabouts, trying to dodge a lynch

I agree with you here, I think Osseric has been playing carelessly and looks as if he doesn't care whether or not we lynch him tomorrow as long as we lynch Okaros today. People may have debated about BB and that he has essentially two lives and I think Osseric play smacks of someone who wants to be overt and outrageous until he dies and then play totally differently when he gets his new alt.

View PostAtrahal, on 10 January 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

View PostEloth, on 10 January 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 10 January 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

When that is said: It's a shitty deal for Okaros, but the discussion that has blossomed up as a result of his silencing makes me think he'll be the best option for a lynch today. If he turns up innocent there's some value in examining his attackers, and if he turns up guilty, well then we've got our work cut out for us.

Okaros

You come on after osseric receives 3 votes and agree with what he says and vote along with him, which I find interesting.

Are you accusing him of Sympage?

Edit: italics for clarification

My thoughts on this is what it looked like to me at the time. Osseric was receiving a lot of heat and, just after Olar added his vote, Sorrit comes online and diverts the attention away from Osseric. I think Osseric may be a good shout for BB and have been waiting to see if anything else jumped out at me before laying down a vote. I will be back in a couple of hours and then that will be me until day times out as it will be early hours of the morning for me.

Vote Osseric

#274 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

View PostEloth, on 10 January 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Okay so it's pretty obvious from my postings that I'm either symp or RI. I'm really putting myself out there with a theory that isn't so normal. I'm RI, but there's no way for you to know that for sure unless you test it.

I'm saying don't vote me today, as that's wasteful. If we vote Okaros today, and he comes up scum, you have me PIed. If he comes up inno, you can vote me tomorrow if you really feel the need. The point is that voting me today doesn't do anything, really. If Okaros ends up inno, hopefully roleless, then you can fucking vote me if your damn minds won't let you do otherwise. Losing me only loses town a vocal player, nothing more. But I'd much prefer seeing Okaros dead today, so you guys can at least have something to work with (Sorrit backing me up, or GL vehemently opposing me).

As to Okaros being knocked off without being able to defend himself, sorry if I'm being callous, but OH WELL. It's mafia, someone has to be lynched day 1. Sometimes you just fucking die. I'm not going to cry if I get voted off day 1.

Something about this post bothers me, Osseric. You're essentially betting your life that Okaros is scum, even though there's no way you can know. I'm glad of any vocal player, but you're trying to lead the thread. Being absent doesn't save people from getting voted, so I doubt that silence will keep Okaros safe if everybody goes that way.

I get a vibe from you like someone that;s L-1 or thereabouts, trying to dodge a lynch

I agree with you here, I think Osseric has been playing carelessly and looks as if he doesn't care whether or not we lynch him tomorrow as long as we lynch Okaros today. People may have debated about BB and that he has essentially two lives and I think Osseric play smacks of someone who wants to be overt and outrageous until he dies and then play totally differently when he gets his new alt.

When that is said: It's a shitty deal for Okaros, but the discussion that has blossomed up as a result of his silencing makes me think he'll be the best option for a lynch today. If he turns up innocent there's some value in examining his attackers, and if he turns up guilty, well then we've got our work cut out for us.

Okaros

You come on after osseric receives 3 votes and agree with what he says and vote along with him, which I find interesting.

My thoughts on this is what it looked like to me at the time. Osseric was receiving a lot of heat and, just after Olar added his vote, Sorrit comes online and diverts the attention away from Osseric. I think Osseric may be a good shout for BB and have been waiting to see if anything else jumped out at me before laying down a vote. I will be back in a couple of hours and then that will be me until day times out as it will be early hours of the morning for me.

Vote Osseric

If I understand the rules correctly, BB doesn't get his new alt. He just picks a person who then assumes the role of the new BB. Right?

#275 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

Can't wait to see who's mafia, if you fuckers vote me out.

#276 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

View PostEloth, on 10 January 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Okaros

Vote Osseric

to clarify the undelined part:
once BB dies, he chooses aother player to be BB.

he's not an FM, he doesn't get to keep playing.

#277 User is offline   Tiamatha 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

View PostKessobahn, on 10 January 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

View PostTiamatha, on 10 January 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

My theory is WIFOM.

"My theory is wifom"

"wifom is bad"

???

!!!

$

(Ricky = Osseric)

;;;

once again, as much as it seems like the common sense argument, this could be exactly what he wants us to think. it's untestable.

the very fact that he started out with wifom makes him suspicious. I have not seen a better lynch candidate yet, who is genuinely suspicious.

I don't see how that could possibly be worth it at this stage in the game. Doesn't seem likely to me.

#278 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

What, 10 more hours? That's a long wait.

#279 User is offline   Galayn Lord 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

That was a fun catch-up.

First off, Osseric quit saying I "vehemently" anything. I was laughing every time I responded to your posts. If you'll notice, I said i got your theory, and didn't vote for you. I really wanted to see how pushy you were going to be on day one, and as for now I think you are more just a clumsy arguer than scummy per se.

I don't think it's possible to accuse Okaros, outside of Osseric's "theory", with anything close to an actual case. So, I'm not going to vote for him.

It's the people who've been wading in and wading out that are of more interest to me right now.

Several things stood out to me as possible defending but the thread is so cluster-fucked I should have taken notes because I forget. I'll go back and take another look here in a bit.

Good discussion at the least.

#280 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

View PostGalayn Lord, on 10 January 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

That was a fun catch-up.

First off, Osseric quit saying I "vehemently" anything. I was laughing every time I responded to your posts. If you'll notice, I said i got your theory, and didn't vote for you. I really wanted to see how pushy you were going to be on day one, and as for now I think you are more just a clumsy arguer than scummy per se.

I don't think it's possible to accuse Okaros, outside of Osseric's "theory", with anything close to an actual case. So, I'm not going to vote for him.

It's the people who've been wading in and wading out that are of more interest to me right now.

Several things stood out to me as possible defending but the thread is so cluster-fucked I should have taken notes because I forget. I'll go back and take another look here in a bit.

Good discussion at the least.

But I like that word...

My arguing is fine, the rest of you just can't understand my brilliance.

Share this topic:

• 66 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

64 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 64 guests, 0 anonymous users