• Group: Game alts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

Creative, that use of david Lynch.

#222 User is offline   Atrahal 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

View PostOlar Ethil, on 10 January 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

my drinking has increased my confidence that wifom benefits no one in this game except scum and so to make it the focal point of day one discussion effectively makes you scum.

vote osseric

I wonder how you'll feel about this vote when sobriety returns

#223 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostAtrahal, on 10 January 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

View PostOlar Ethil, on 10 January 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

my drinking has increased my confidence that wifom benefits no one in this game except scum and so to make it the focal point of day one discussion effectively makes you scum.

vote osseric

I wonder how you'll feel about this vote when sobriety returns

Any other contributions, or are you still catching up?

#224 User is offline   Atrahal 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 10 January 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

View PostKaratallid, on 09 January 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

Well, we can break it down into a decision tree:

First, how likely is the silenced one to be evil?

If Okaros was UB or BB, he would be in a precarious position considering all the attention he will garner, especially if he posts the wrong pictures and calls even more attention to himself. In general, I think probabilistically speaking, scum are more liable to play it moderately safe on day 1 and hide in the crowd rather than making a ballsy move. That doesn't discount the more likely possibility that UB or BB will be silenced later in the game...

but initially, since the silence probably was submitted to JA before the beginning of the game, I think a silenced person is more likely to be one of us selected at random.

Second, both scum know each other despite not being able to communicate. I think this can play out in several ways, but I think I will hold speculation till later in the day so as not to let the scum try to act in a way opposite to the speculations.

Third and finally, I think there are subtle, maybe unintentional, efforts of people to style themselves in a certain way through their texts. For instance, Osseric with several uses of the phrase "ignorant masses" which I would associate with someone implying they are a townie or even RI role.

Doing a dkt, but this stands out. It is not cool to PI people day one after a few hours into the game and it is even less cool to out inno roles like you just did.

I took this more as saying that people use words to convey an identity that is town or non-scummy. I thought Kara was calling Osseric scummy instead of outing him as roled.

#225 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

View PostAtrahal, on 10 January 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 10 January 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

View PostKaratallid, on 09 January 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

Well, we can break it down into a decision tree:

First, how likely is the silenced one to be evil?

If Okaros was UB or BB, he would be in a precarious position considering all the attention he will garner, especially if he posts the wrong pictures and calls even more attention to himself. In general, I think probabilistically speaking, scum are more liable to play it moderately safe on day 1 and hide in the crowd rather than making a ballsy move. That doesn't discount the more likely possibility that UB or BB will be silenced later in the game...

but initially, since the silence probably was submitted to JA before the beginning of the game, I think a silenced person is more likely to be one of us selected at random.

Second, both scum know each other despite not being able to communicate. I think this can play out in several ways, but I think I will hold speculation till later in the day so as not to let the scum try to act in a way opposite to the speculations.

Third and finally, I think there are subtle, maybe unintentional, efforts of people to style themselves in a certain way through their texts. For instance, Osseric with several uses of the phrase "ignorant masses" which I would associate with someone implying they are a townie or even RI role.

Doing a dkt, but this stands out. It is not cool to PI people day one after a few hours into the game and it is even less cool to out inno roles like you just did.

I took this more as saying that people use words to convey an identity that is town or non-scummy. I thought Kara was calling Osseric scummy instead of outing him as roled.

That's what Kara says as well. I'm not sure that even if I read it that way, he has a point. There isn't a completely different mindset to playing scum that makes blending in that hard, but ymmv.

#226 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

So has anyone else decided on their path, yet? I'm sticking with my vote unless I see a legitimate train other than mine.

#227 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

View PostOsseric, on 10 January 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

So has anyone else decided on their path, yet? I'm sticking with my vote unless I see a legitimate train other than mine.

I haven't. Doubtful I'll see my target lynched, I have explained my issues with your lynch experiment ad nauseum (and I bet that if I left it, people would consider me your symp/ partner even more, which I guess would make for a one-track-minded day 2 and 3). I think I'll sit on the fence today, and only add a vote when someone's really scummy or when there is no way to get a lynch otherwise.

#228 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:30 PM

So three people want me dead, because I argued that a WIFOM argument is easily tested on day 1. Whatever, I put myself out there for a reason, and I got some serious discussion. No harm done, really.

1 person agrees with me, and sees what I'm trying to get at. Things are not looking good.

#229 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

View PostOsseric, on 10 January 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

So three people want me dead, because I argued that a WIFOM argument is easily tested on day 1. Whatever, I put myself out there for a reason, and I got some serious discussion. No harm done, really.

1 person agrees with me, and sees what I'm trying to get at. Things are not looking good.

Those three may reconsider when they return. Who knows... weirder things have happened in mafia.

#230 User is offline   Atrahal 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

View PostOsseric, on 10 January 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

Okay so it's pretty obvious from my postings that I'm either symp or RI. I'm really putting myself out there with a theory that isn't so normal. I'm RI, but there's no way for you to know that for sure unless you test it.

I'm saying don't vote me today, as that's wasteful. If we vote Okaros today, and he comes up scum, you have me PIed. If he comes up inno, you can vote me tomorrow if you really feel the need. The point is that voting me today doesn't do anything, really. If Okaros ends up inno, hopefully roleless, then you can fucking vote me if your damn minds won't let you do otherwise. Losing me only loses town a vocal player, nothing more. But I'd much prefer seeing Okaros dead today, so you guys can at least have something to work with (Sorrit backing me up, or GL vehemently opposing me).

As to Okaros being knocked off without being able to defend himself, sorry if I'm being callous, but OH WELL. It's mafia, someone has to be lynched day 1. Sometimes you just fucking die. I'm not going to cry if I get voted off day 1.

Something about this post bothers me, Osseric. You're essentially betting your life that Okaros is scum, even though there's no way you can know. I'm glad of any vocal player, but you're trying to lead the thread. Being absent doesn't save people from getting voted, so I doubt that silence will keep Okaros safe if everybody goes that way.

I get a vibe from you like someone that;s L-1 or thereabouts, trying to dodge a lynch

#231 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

No, I'm betting my life on the discussion that comes with Okaros being scum or innocent.

I got the thread moving on day 1, yeah? I think that's worth my shitty roleless life. I wouldn't do this if I were roled, obviously.

#232 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

It is Day 1. 15 hours and 40 minutes remaining

14 Players still alive: Atrahal, Eloth, Galayn Lord, Karatallid, Kessobahn, Korlat, Okaros, Olar Ethil, Osseric, Sheltatha Lore, Silanah, Sorrit, Tiamatha, Tulas Shorn

8 votes to lynch, 7 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Galayn Lord ( Korlat )
1 Vote for Karatallid ( Sheltatha Lore )
2 Votes for Okaros ( Osseric, Sorrit )
1 Vote for Korlat ( Tiamatha )
2 Votes for Osseric ( Kessobahn, Olar Ethil )

Players not voted: Atrahal, Eloth, Galayn Lord, Karatallid, Okaros, Silanah, Tulas Shorn
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#233 User is offline   Atrahal 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostEloth, on 10 January 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

View PostSorrit, on 10 January 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

When that is said: It's a shitty deal for Okaros, but the discussion that has blossomed up as a result of his silencing makes me think he'll be the best option for a lynch today. If he turns up innocent there's some value in examining his attackers, and if he turns up guilty, well then we've got our work cut out for us.

Okaros

You come on after osseric receives 3 votes and agree with what he says and vote along with him, which I find interesting.

Are you accusing him of Sympage?

Edit: italics for clarification

This post has been edited by Atrahal: 10 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

#234 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

It is indeed interesting that someone agreed with me and didn't jump on the let's attack Osseric bandwagon. ^_^

Can't vouch for Sorrit, but he wouldn't be symping me. No reason for a scum to vote with me, really, since the only other vote train IS me, and I'm RI.

#235 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

Morning all.

my tea's just about ready. It seems we haven't moved an inch from yesterday.
(
Tulas, if you have a problem with the supposed quality of my posts, that's your issue. I'm sorry if my calling a spade a spade (or, in this case, WIFOM) upsets you. although, tbhm it seems a lot like some clumsy sympage attempts to get some heat off Osseric.

#236 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:57 PM

Bah. If you lynch me today it will be a complete waste! See this post:

Okay so it's pretty obvious from my postings that I'm either symp or RI. I'm really putting myself out there with a theory that isn't so normal. I'm RI, but there's no way for you to know that for sure unless you test it.

I'm saying don't vote me today, as that's wasteful. If we vote Okaros today, and he comes up scum, you have me PIed. If he comes up inno, you can vote me tomorrow if you really feel the need. The point is that voting me today doesn't do anything, really. If Okaros ends up inno, hopefully roleless, then you can fucking vote me if your damn minds won't let you do otherwise. Losing me only loses town a vocal player, nothing more. But I'd much prefer seeing Okaros dead today, so you guys can at least have something to work with (Sorrit backing me up, or GL vehemently opposing me).

As to Okaros being knocked off without being able to defend himself, sorry if I'm being callous, but OH WELL. It's mafia, someone has to be lynched day 1. Sometimes you just fucking die. I'm not going to cry if I get voted off day 1.

If you vote me, you learn absolutely nothing from the train. If he comes up inno, vote me tomorrow, idc. I considered the risks before I brought this argument to bear. What retarded scum would do what I'm doing right now? Riling people up?

#237 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostOsseric, on 10 January 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

Bah. If you lynch me today it will be a complete waste! See this post:

If you vote me, you learn absolutely nothing from the train. If he comes up inno, vote me tomorrow, idc. I considered the risks before I brought this argument to bear. What retarded scum would do what I'm doing right now? Riling people up?

1) the argument you've started is leading us nowhere, and it swayed a few people--meaing, we're colectively staying nowhere, which is what scum would want.
2) if you are BB, you really have nothing to lose, since if we do decide to lynch you, you'lljust jump.

this would only really be a stupid move on your part if you were UB. but we wouldn't know if we got the UB for sure one way or the other, untill we've had no silencing for several consecutive days.

#238 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

all right, class time. i'll be back in about 2ish hours. we still have about 12 to go, so i'll leave my vote where it is for now. should somehtig brilliant come along, I may change it, but it seems unlikely at this point.

#239 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

Fuck you Kessobahn, if you really think this is leading nowhere. It's clearly leading to mine or Okaros's lynch. ITS FUCKING DAY 1. A tad self righteous with your oh so great commitment to furthering the day 1 mafia game?

^_^ < MFW you say BB has nothing to lose being lynched day 1. The guy has 2 lives. He doesn't get to keep jumping forever. If I were BB, you could consider me mentally handicapped. As of your last post, I'll consider you as such for this game. To be put quietly to the side, where no one will listen to your shat.

So clearly BB has a lot to lose. He has potential extra days to lose, if he were to die day 1. That would be the best possible lynch for the game. UB has a lot to lose as well. He dpesn't respawn, and then there is no symp nor silence for the rest of the game.

So why the fuck would I be doing what I'm doing on day 1, if I were either of those roles? I brought up the case before anyone was accused of anything, so there is no possible symping I could be doing there. I see no possibility as to why you could think I'm scum for this. We've actually had debate on day 1.

And you call my logic flawed... damn.

#240 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostKessobahn, on 10 January 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

2) if you are BB, you really have nothing to lose, since if we do decide to lynch you, you'lljust jump.

this would only really be a stupid move on your part if you were UB. but we wouldn't know if we got the UB for sure one way or the other, untill we've had no silencing for several consecutive days.

This is a ridiculous argument. BB loses his power to jump, someting he will want to prolong for as long as possible because it throws the game right open again with all previous stances undone (apart from UB). It is a lot more powerful when used when only 5 are alive than it is when there are 13.

Share this topic:

• 66 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

49 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 49 guests, 0 anonymous users