• Lieutenant
  • Group: Game alts
  • Interests:secks

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 17 January 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

View PostKaratallid, on 17 January 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 17 January 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

^

The TS post is there to show how Kara backpedals a bit when he realizes he's slightly overdone it, but the two of them are really working hard to get Kesso's unrealistic representation accepted and legitimized.

I assume you retract this statement with current reasoning that Khells roled status is in question and is not cut and dry as TS seemed to think?

I see no reason why.

The only way we can be sure Khell wasn't UB is by not lynching anyone he was suspicious off, today. Are you advocating that?
Yes or no, please?

Wait, what? Can you clarify that? Are you saying the only way we can confirm Okaros was not UB is by not lynching Kesso who was obviously his biggest suspicion? Did you mean the only way we can be convinced that Okaros was a roled player and/or inno is to lynch Kesso?

#1102 User is offline   Karatallid 

• Lieutenant

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:02 AM

I mean there seems to be the most information in a Queso lynch. The only reason I hesitate is I don't understand how a speed lynch helps town any. I know we are frustrated at the double death last night, but most of our cases and perceptions stem from conversations during the day. We speed lynch, we lose that valuable information for what, confirmation of some theories, while scum gets at best another kill (unless you Shelly are on the money tonight, and who are who you say you are...). I dunno, I question why you and eloth dropped a vote so fast. It's not like the day is ending in 5 minutes or something. Chillax

#1103 User is offline   Karatallid 

• Lieutenant

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:04 AM

And if that is symping... well obviously Atrahal wasn't BB and I wasn't his symp. I just am this game's devils advocate. It's not like hit hurts to think a little more (at least, it doesn't hurt my brain).

#1104 User is offline   Karatallid 

• Lieutenant

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:05 AM

Ok, I'll be back, end of day, sorry to leave. OE get your ass in here. If you are town, I don't want to make last night/today a 3 -some win for scum you fucking idiot.

Sigh... see you this evening, or lunchtime if I'm lucky...

#1105 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

View PostKaratallid, on 17 January 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 17 January 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

^

The TS post is there to show how Kara backpedals a bit when he realizes he's slightly overdone it, but the two of them are really working hard to get Kesso's unrealistic representation accepted and legitimized.

I assume you retract this statement with current reasoning that Khells roled status is in question and is not cut and dry as TS seemed to think?

I see no reason why.

The only way we can be sure Khell wasn't UB is by not lynching anyone he was suspicious off, today. Are you advocating that?
Yes or no, please?

Wait, what? Can you clarify that? Are you saying the only way we can confirm Okaros was not UB is by not lynching Kesso who was obviously his biggest suspicion? Did you mean the only way we can be convinced that Okaros was a roled player and/or inno is to lynch Kesso?

No. I was under the impression that you accused Okaros of being UB. The only way we can find out if he is is by not UB without damaging town by acting on his suspsicions, is to not act on his suspicions for a day. I then asked you if that is what you want. Please answer: yes or no?

Frankly, while i don't think he was a town role, but RI, the fact whether or not he was a town role isn't even remotely interesting apart from the fact that it incriminates Kessobahn a bit more. Even then, there just is no way to find out.

Please note how a large part of my convinction of the scumminess of you both is based in a significant part on your duo-act earlier in the day, where Kesso is wildly flailing at everyone but himself (he was doing so already yesterday), and you more or less tried to support it. Your current reaction speaks volumes as well.

My one issue is how much you have been voting for your own cases. That just doesn't suit a UB player... So maybe you are BB, pretending to live in your own universe, and Kesso could be UB. I don't know. But the two of you give off every vibe of being in cahoots right now.

#1106 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

View PostKaratallid, on 17 January 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

I mean there seems to be the most information in a Queso lynch. The only reason I hesitate is I don't understand how a speed lynch helps town any. I know we are frustrated at the double death last night, but most of our cases and perceptions stem from conversations during the day. We speed lynch, we lose that valuable information for what, confirmation of some theories, while scum gets at best another kill (unless you Shelly are on the money tonight, and who are who you say you are...). I dunno, I question why you and eloth dropped a vote so fast. It's not like the day is ending in 5 minutes or something. Chillax

Frustrated? At a vig kill? You don't understand me very well, do you?
I am not frustrated. If anything, i am mildly annoyed by not getting a lynch yesterday. However, we now know that Okaros isn't BB and we are left with yesterday's evidence as well as the double CF. I support Sorrit's position as CI and his logic and target and will continue to do so unless there is a counterclaim, in which case I'd suggest we test it the way we usually do.

Regarding the underlined: what is a lynch other than seeking confirmation of theories, or the culmination of theories? Only in case of a find is it a downright execution of scum.
I am also not advocating a speed lynch, but I am looking to wrap up yesterday's business, which, you seem to (try to) forget, was concluded indecisively.

#1107 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

[inster sarcasm] Yeah sorry I suppose I should refrain from voting and risk missing yet another lynch. [/insert sarcasm] Kara I get it, YOU want to try and find scum on your own or you just want to be different rather than follow the herd, but in my opinion Kesso should have been lynched yesterday, we could prolong this day but I assume there won't be much talking until the last two hours or so, i'd rather get a lynch of a potential scum candidate and then focus more on the information that yesterday provided us, but for now I have Kesso blinkers on and I cannot look past that.

If he comes up innocent AND tomorrow no one is silenced then that gives us a whole lot of information. Also it means that we have at least caught UB which is a great success.

If we leave today for the full 36 hours then we finish day 5 at 2 in the morning or something along those lines. So I certainly won't be around for that.

I also wonder why it was so hard to get the lynch yesterday, scum protecting one another?

#1108 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

I am all for voting Kesso at the moment. I also agree it makes sense from an info standpoint. On top of that, I'm always extra suspicious when a lynch doesn't go through. Did I miss his self vote to help out town? No, didn't think so. It's not emo when it gets rid of the pretty much guaranteed next day distraction.

I'll be on for a bit, and I should be able to get back on hours before lynch time, so I'll wait to drop the vote.

@Shelly

Karat and I are probably together in your head because I've been poking him throughout the game.

#1109 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

Cross post with Eloth - remarkably similar thoughts.

And here I've been thinking you're scummy. :p

#1110 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

View PostTulas Shorn, on 17 January 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

Cross post with Eloth - remarkably similar thoughts.

And here I've been thinking you're scummy. :p

It's cause you get aroused when you look at my dragon :p

#1111 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:58 AM

Let's look at this as a group.

View PostKaratallid, on 17 January 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 16 January 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

Kessobahn carried on the WIFOM argument well beyond it's sell-by-date, bringing it back up whenever there was even a whiff of a mention of it by Osseric, Sorrit, or whoever. It makes him look like he has a CAUSE, a PURPOSE, an AIM. But that cause is nothing to do with what we're trying to achieve here, the lynching of BB. In fact, by constantly bringing it back up, he is actually diverting precious time away from looking for BB (as well as, as a by-product, putting attention again and again back on to Osseric). Kessobahn is scum - I'd stake Shelly's life on it.

Ah, think I found it myself. I dunno. In context, the fact he stakes Shelly's life on it makes it seem less declarative and more hyperbole. He obviously thinks Queso is scum, but not necessarily to the extent that he'd bet his own life on it.

Reading back through the thread, Khells actually doesn't bring up his case till after the weekend, and even then delayed doing so until there was some debate over Shelly's status as healer. This doesn't even smack of a confidence that goes with 100% certainty, which does actually seem to indicate Khells may not have even been our guard and definitely not our finder.

I would agree with the assessment that either he was a guard (less likely in hindsight) or just plain Khells.

So, if he was a guard, we need to lynch Queso and restart the "who is BB" quest. If he was just being bombastic ole Khells, I think Queso can be relegated to the more generalized suspect pool for no.

Reducing thread status and Khell's opinion because he was no-one important with role-given back-up.

View PostKaratallid, on 17 January 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

Another question, of greater concern to me atm, where the fuck is OE? Isn't he on the hit list of a mod-timeout pretty soon?

Bigger than discussion on scumminess? There is nothing you can do about another player's appearance.

View PostKaratallid, on 17 January 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

View PostSilanah, on 17 January 2012 - 02:57 AM, said:

I'm back, at work, my internet conked out at an awkward time last night, and I misjudged day ending.

And I have no idea what's going on anymore :p

I'll be back in a couple of hours and do a better reread of the thread.
At least I can talk again!

And while I'm pointing out delinquencies :p

sorry, just rereading the earlier part of today, and these jumped out at me, I might have to agree with Eloth and say Queso needs to go before we can move on...

Deflecting attention.

^

Trying to make me take words back when there is no real reason for it, thereby lessening the weight I give my vote on Kesso.

#1112 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

Also,

/wave @ Starling

#1113 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

Dragon secks

#1114 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostKaratallid, on 17 January 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

Ok, I'll be back, end of day, sorry to leave. OE get your ass in here. If you are town, I don't want to make last night/today a 3 -some win for scum you fucking idiot.

Sigh... see you this evening, or lunchtime if I'm lucky...

At least he's consistent. Or something.

#1115 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

I would agree that Kesso is a good lynch for today, if for nothing other than providing closure for yesterday. Still, I guess we're still short Korlat's input, as well as some actual content from Silanah, which would be much appreciated.

#1116 User is offline   Olar Ethil 

• Recruit

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:17 PM

um....obligatory post. i promise to be helpful if time allows and there is alcohol available. conspire with me, friends, to make this a reality.

#1117 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

This thread got real quiet.

It's sleepy time for me, so I'll be gone for a while. I don't trust 100% that I'll be back before timeout, although I'm going to try (and at least check on my phone). Just in case,

Vote Kessobahn

Note, this is 3 of 5 votes needed.

#1118 User is offline   Sorrit 

• Recruit

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

I'm voting when I get back from work, which will be in just under six hours I reckon. Hopefully Korlat and Silanah will have been online in the meantime and shared their views.

#1119 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

It is now day 4

It is Day 4. 23 hours and 9 minutes remaining (time is rough we are having manager issues)
9 Players still alive: Eloth, Karatallid, Kessobahn, Korlat, Olar Ethil, Sheltatha Lore, Silanah, Sorrit, Tulas Shorn

5 votes to lynch, 5 votes to go to night.

3 votes for Kessobahn (Sheltatha Lore, Eloth, Tulas Shorn)

Players not voted: Karatallid, Kessobahn, Korlat, Olar Ethil, Silanah, Sorrit
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#1120 User is offline   Korlat 

• Recruit

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

ok, i am here. And caught up. I should be here for the next 5-6 hours.

I feel awful about the missed lynch, but i had 0 access to a cpu and would have been fine with a Kesso lynch. Shitty for us.

I buy Sorrits story 95% Hard to believe he wouldn't have taken me out, but it's good that he didn't. Much more info gained from an Okaros vig, though he was never one of my suspects, he seemed to be on a lot of peoples lists.

So, it seems no one is silenced today. I believe everyone has checked in. (is that correct? ) so either UB was Okaros or Osseric, or he withheld his silence today. Thats interesting.

The new kesso train has seemed to build up very fast and with very little resistance. This concerns me. (of course if Okaros/osseric was UB...then this would be the case regardless)

I find it interesting that Eloth was called out as low poster by quite a few and since, has shown up and been a productive member of town. It's good that he's posting, its suspicious that 3-4 people calling him out are what had to make that happen.

So my mini list:

CI- Korlat
VPI- Sorrit
PI-Shelly
Not real high on my list, but still could be scum- Olar Ethil
No Read- Tulas, Silanah, Kara
Suspicious-Eloth Kesso

So I am fine with an Eloth or Kesso lynch (though it seems we will be hard pressesd to get passed a Kessoh lynch), I would also be ok with TS/Sil/Kara. In fact, because I have absolutely 0 read on any of these 3 means they are probably BB >.<;

Share this topic:

• 66 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

51 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 51 guests, 0 anonymous users