• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars - The Old Republic MMO clan?

#221 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:19 AM

Then don't. That's why they're bonus quests.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#222 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:47 AM

I never bother with those. If do end up killing enough dudes for those things then fine, if not then also fine.

Damn, I didn't manage to play a lot this week but I've decided to stick with the Agent for now, so I can bring him to the same lvl as my trooper. Apt I can't even begin to describe some of the things that will fly past you for not playing Kotor 1 and 2. I've stumbled across the Revan cult on Dromund Kass and well .... I just stared at the whole thing (the cave especially) and felt nostalgia and joy and sadness all the same time. I think I'm going to replay those to games (for the billionth time) because I miss walking around in a galaxy that still fears Darth Revan while HK-47 is begging me to let him shoot something and Kreia is lying to me with the truth (or something).

I was also very nostalgic on Taris and then when I saw the Endar Spire, Brejik's Run and the wrecked swoop bike.... Those were good times.

This post has been edited by Garak: 13 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#223 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

HK-47 is in the game, empire side at least, and there are quests to rebuild an HK-50 that are not yet active.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#224 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostObdigore, on 13 January 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

HK-47 is in the game, empire side at least, and there are quests to rebuild an HK-50 that are not yet active.

I killed him yesterday. Guy is a beast.

In other news. I just got my legacy surname. Draconus. Corzo Draconus, The Grand Champion of the Great Hunt.

This post has been edited by Aptorius: 15 January 2012 - 04:06 PM

#225 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

Did my first raiding on Saturday. Eternity Vault. Very Fun. Went 4/5 in about 6 hours in there.

First boss was a blast.
Second boss was kinda buggy but fun.
Third boss we one-shot.
Fourth boss we should have one-shot if a certain dps had realized all their gear was broken...

Fifth and final boss is hard because... well watch a video or something. The platforms are difficult.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 16 January 2012 - 09:05 AM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#226 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:12 AM

That looks pretty good, actually!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#227 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

I think there must be a 'trick' to the platforms and how to get down without jumping to your death, but no one we were with knew what it is :p

#228 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

A video I just saw has people taking them in a set order; about halfway down the phase you have to wait a few seconds for platforms from up top to drop for you to jump on.

Also, Rakata? Yay!

#229 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

Yup. Hes got some crazy Voice-overs throughout the whole event too.

Its nifty, the first boss is two huge turrets and adds, then a giant robot who at times you have to hide behind the burning remains of the turrets from.

The Second boss is a giant Earth Elemental that crushes and raises islands and has adds. Also a knockback into lava.

Third boss is splitting you up into two groups then you have to handle waves of adds while figuring out a puzzle simultaniously.

Fourth boss is a 1v1 for everyone in the raid, and you can't help other people.

Fifth boss is some sort of Rakata Conquerer who was imprisioned there by the Rakata because he was so awesome. Or something.

#230 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

The platforms aren't really very difficult. We had one guy marked as the "leader" he would choose the route and when to jump. We would stop a couple of times to heal up since that is neccessary.

Remember to destroy the pylons on the way down.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#231 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:21 AM

So you got lucky or had someone that had been there before, Grats? There are times when there is NO platform in range for you to jump down. Out group waited until the platform collapsed and there was nothing in range for us to jump to.

#232 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:06 AM

Well, let me rephrase then; When it's not bugged it's actually not that difficult. We did discover that if we did not destroy the pylons in the correct order (1-2-3-4-etc.) the platforms could be bugged.

But when it went smoothly without bugs we all made it down safely 9/10 times.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#233 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:21 AM

Finished Taris, now I'm lvl 35... got to do that bonus chain, I think! Well, Nar Shaddaa's bonus chain was fun enough, I can live with this.
Also considering turning around and going all light side on this game, due to the new companion I got on Taris. Right now I'm at -5800 or something like that. But she doesn't like me being a dark side dickhead, and she's the romance option, and I think it's only fair for my char to get laid.

#234 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

View PostGothos, on 17 January 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

Finished Taris, now I'm lvl 35... got to do that bonus chain, I think! Well, Nar Shaddaa's bonus chain was fun enough, I can live with this.
Also considering turning around and going all light side on this game, due to the new companion I got on Taris. Right now I'm at -5800 or something like that. But she doesn't like me being a dark side dickhead, and she's the romance option, and I think it's only fair for my char to get laid.

Just force feed her comnpanion gifts.

#235 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostAptorius, on 17 January 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

View PostGothos, on 17 January 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

Just force feed her comnpanion gifts.

I love the utter shallowness of the companions.. Murder a child in front of a caring, compassionate one? Nothing that a shiney necklace won't fix!
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#236 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:43 AM

It is a subscription game, and the following are off the Old Republic website:

What are the system requirements for the game?

Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better
Operating System:
Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later

RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM
Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM

Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

ATI X1800 or better
nVidia 7800 or better
Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

DVD-ROM drive – 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only) Internet connection required to play.
"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

#237 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

For what it is worth if you power through the story you can finish one class in less than a months subscription. Which comes with the game.

#238 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:49 AM

Done with EV, and went 3/5 in Karuggas over the weekend. The fights after the Rancor in Karuggas are the 'new' content they added with Rise of the Rakghouls, and you can see they have already learned quite a bit (even though they probably had it ready) on how to make the fights fun/interesting and not torturous.

#239 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:20 AM

View PostAptorius, on 26 January 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

For what it is worth if you power through the story you can finish one class in less than a months subscription. Which comes with the game.

I had one character at 24 and one at I think 20, and that was just over one beta test weeekend. So it should be pretty easy to manage a story in a month.
"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

#240 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

Try asking these guys, they might know more:

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/

In other news, WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS GAME NEED 8 HOUR PATCHES 3 FUCKING TIMES A WEEK ALWAYS ON THE DAYS I CAN ONLY PLAY DURING THE DAY! MOTHERFUCKERS! ARRRRGGHHHHHH!!!

Seriously.

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

44 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 44 guests, 0 anonymous users