#21 User is offline   Black Winged Lord 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:12 AM

Starting to get excited about this again

#22 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:14 AM

Oh hells YEAH!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#23 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

Hoooooo boy, anybody else see the trailer premier?

Very nice!

This post has been edited by Avatar: 30 January 2012 - 11:27 AM

#24 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

First publicity photos for season two released.

Hoooooly shit all the new folks look great. Esp. Brienne. This oughta squelch the shit out of all the doubters on that front.

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#25 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:00 AM

Brienne is probably my favorite character and she looks amazing (not being particularly ugly aside). And Davos looks amazing, better than I ever imagined. Balon looks like he's in a Syfy original or is a figurine come to life, but oh well, it's just a still shot.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#26 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

Posted Image

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#27 User is offline   Catherine 

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:SCA<br />International Side-saddle Association<br />good books<br />the Space Channe<br />Arabian horses

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

Since I am unsure how to start a new topic I thought I would add it here - for those who love Game of Thrones but don't know what Valentine's Day card to buy - here is the answer

http://insidetv.ew.c...valentines-day/

hope the link works

#28 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

Awwww yeah. New trailer with fresh footage, including dragons and direwolves and Stannis, oh my.

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=cNLc5Nf9YxA

#29 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:56 PM

It SEEMS as though, almost certainly judging by this interview, Jaqen is going to have the two-toned white/red hair in the show. Which is a minor detail but one that I was really crossing my fingers for. Posted Image

#30 User is offline   The Tyrant Lizard 

• First Sword

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

Check this parody out theres a few of them. pretty funny I think.My link
I want to die the way my dad died, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

#31 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:54 AM

New trailer using the Florence & The Machine track Seven Devils (my fave from her new album)...this trailer gives me shivers. LOVE it.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 05 March 2012 - 02:54 AM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#32 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:33 AM

Springfield Is Coming

#33 User is online   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

HBO spent $9 million (or thereabouts) on the Battle of the Blackwater in Season 2.

For a TV show, that's pretty mental. I think Helm's Deep in the Jackson LotR movies cost maybe $20 million (or a bit over a quarter the cost of the whole movie) at the maximum. Though they do so they also got a lot of the CGI wolf and dragon shots for that as well, so the battle won't have cost quite that much. But still impressive.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#34 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostWerthead, on 14 March 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

HBO spent $9 million (or thereabouts) on the Battle of the Blackwater in Season 2.

For a TV show, that's pretty mental. I think Helm's Deep in the Jackson LotR movies cost maybe $20 million (or a bit over a quarter the cost of the whole movie) at the maximum. Though they do so they also got a lot of the CGI wolf and dragon shots for that as well, so the battle won't have cost quite that much. But still impressive.

This... this is good news.

#35 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

I dunno if this is the best place to put this, but man, the special features on the Blu-Rays for season 1 are so awesome. There's a ton of illustrated history, lore, and other pertinent background info on Westeros and beyond, with fantastic art, and all narrated by the show's actors in the voice of their characters (ie Bran recites tales of the Age of Heroes). Robert's Rebellion is told via multiple POVs, it's so awesome. I guess I bring this up here because it kind of solves the mystery on whether the show will do flashbacks down the line, and I kind of think it won't now.

#36 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

View Postworrywort, on 20 March 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

I dunno if this is the best place to put this, but man, the special features on the Blu-Rays for season 1 are so awesome. There's a ton of illustrated history, lore, and other pertinent background info on Westeros and beyond, with fantastic art, and all narrated by the show's actors in the voice of their characters (ie Bran recites tales of the Age of Heroes). Robert's Rebellion is told via multiple POVs, it's so awesome. I guess I bring this up here because it kind of solves the mystery on whether the show will do flashbacks down the line, and I kind of think it won't now.

Couldn't agree more, WW. These are easily some of the best special features I've ever seen. My girlfriend loved the first season but hasn't read the books, isn't planning on reading them. She was blown away by all the animated and narrated shorts on the blu-ray, and I feel like they did such a good job fleshing out the world and its history that I won't have to fill her in NEARLY as much moving into season 2. I was sad when I ran out of special features, honestly.

Unrelatedly, here is the finalized promo poster for season two. It should include, in smaller font, "...but it will take me another 5-7 seasons and many, many bowls of puppy brains, at least."

#37 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

The other cool thing about the discs is that at the end of each one there is a truly hilarious number of copyright warning languages. It goes on and on and on.

#38 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

http://www.youtube.c...8;v=Dku_Uya8Ygc

22 minute recap/preview.

<div><br></div><div>Actually, this pisses me off a bit at the beginning. ASoiaF, being the only realistic fantasy with grimness and outside... yeahhhh, surrrre.</div>

This post has been edited by Someshta: 24 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#39 User is online   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

Actually, this pisses me off a bit at the beginning. ASoiaF, being the only realistic fantasy with grimness and outside

I don't think it quite says that. I think the comparisons they are making are with the cheesy Tolkien-lites of the 1980s like Brooks and Eddings (which I imagine Benioff and Weiss, being geeks growing up at that time, would be passingly familiar with). I don't expect them to be familiar with more recent authors like Erikson and Bakker who are continuing the charge of taking fantasy in more interesting directions (though I wouldn't call Erikson or Bakker 'realisic', as they go into way more speculative areas than Martin's fantasised-Wars-of-the-Roses approach has gone so far).
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#40 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

Wert, dont screw with my grumpy old man sthick by being perfectly reasonable.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users