Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Prophecy of the Tusjs

#1 User is offline   Darujhistan~Glow 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:58 PM

There was a good chapter in GotM regarding the Five Tusks. Can someone refresh my memory on the details?

#2 User is offline   Darujhistan~Glow 

• Recruit

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

I meant ***Tusks

#3 User is offline   JLV 

• Stoned Swallow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

He walked through a silent city, as if he were the last of the living yet to flee the past year's turmoil, and now shared the world with ghosts tolled among the year's dead. The Five Tusks had slipped behind in the ancient cycle, and taking its place was the Year of the Moon's Tears.

Murillio mused on such obscure, arcane titles. A massive stone disc in Majesty Hall marked the Cycle of the Age, naming each year in accordance with its mysterious moving mechanisms.

As a child, he'd thought the wheel magical in how it spun slowly as the year rolled by, coming into the new year aligned precisely with the dawn whether there was cloud in the sky or not.

Mammot had since explained to him that the wheel was in fact a machine. It had been a gift to Darujhistan over a thousand years ago, by a man named Icarium. It was Mammot's belief that Icarium had Jaghut blood. By all accounts he'd ridden a Jaghut horse, and a Trell strode at his side—clear evidence, Mammot asserted, to add to the wonder of the wheel itself, for the Jaghut were known to have been skilled at such creations.

Murillio wondered at the significance of the names each year bore.

The close association of the Five Tusks with Moon's Tears held prophecy, according to the Seers. The Boar Tennerock's tusks were named Hate, Love, Laughter, War and Tears. Which Tusk would prove dominant in the year? The new year's name provided the answer. Murillio shrugged.

He viewed such astrology with a sceptical eye. How could a man of a thousand years ago—

Jaghut or otherwise—have predicted such things?

Any of that what you're looking for?

#4 User is offline   Darujhistan~Glow 

• Recruit

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:25 PM

Yes. That is what I was looking for. Thank you. I'm going to re-read GotM before I move on the MOI.

#5 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

If you click "edit" in your opening post, you can edit the title of the thread and fix the typo.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users