• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A bit confused SPOILERS

#1 User is offline   jasec 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:50 PM

Ok,

I'm almost done with house of chains and I am a little confused.

Karsa I thought went on his quest for glory and blood from his homeland. However, I got to the part where he finally reaches the cave and the 7 Gods who are revealed to be T'LAN IMASS. Then Karsa says something along the lines of satisfying his goal of bringing them to that cave. Since when was that Karsa's goal? I thought his goal was to mostly just reach the Jhag Odhan to get his horse. Since when was bringing the 7 to that cave part of intended goals. How did he even know of this cave, I don't remember the 7 ever speaking to him about it?

Also regarding Kalam, so he sort of works for Cotillion/shadowthrone now? Since his parts come and go sporadically and spaced out far between this book and deadhouse gates, I feel like I'm missing something.

P.S.

Karsa is such a badass

#2 User is offline   Abberon 

• Fist

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:37 PM

I think that, as things move along, Karsa starts to have second thoughts about his 'gods'. The way I read it, they were in his head and wouldn't leave him alone even while he was in his glade, so he finally brings them where they wanted to go and rids himself of their influence/chains.

As for Kalam, I don't think he 'serves' Shadowthrone/Cotillion so much as teams up with them. We know Cotillion respects Kalam's abilities and he and Shadowthrone trust him and the rest of the Bridgeburners, so it seemed to me that in Kalam they found a trustworthy and capable person with mutual goals to help them out.

#3 User is offline   jasec 

• Corporal

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

View PostAbberon, on 29 September 2011 - 07:37 PM, said:

I think that, as things move along, Karsa starts to have second thoughts about his 'gods'. The way I read it, they were in his head and wouldn't leave him alone even while he was in his glade, so he finally brings them where they wanted to go and rids himself of their influence/chains.

As for Kalam, I don't think he 'serves' Shadowthrone/Cotillion so much as teams up with them. We know Cotillion respects Kalam's abilities and he and Shadowthrone trust him and the rest of the Bridgeburners, so it seemed to me that in Kalam they found a trustworthy and capable person with mutual goals to help them out.

I kept thinking there was a specific scene where they 7 ordered or if Karas vowed to do that deed. Just so much going on in this book, I get confused as to what I might have missed etc and since there are story arcs continuing in this book from previous books it's easy for me to get a bit lost.

Thanks!

#4 User is offline   Abberon 

• Fist

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:44 AM

That's both the best and worst part of SE. He has so much going on it's almost TOO much, but just wait and see how he manages to tie the whole thing together! That book has an AWESOME ending.

#5 User is offline   boesjwoelie 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

Yeah karsa is definately a badass... Another word that comes to mind when i think about him would be 'impulsive' =)
Like, leoman jusk kind of briefly mentoins these horses to him and hes like: im going on a god-knows-how-long journey over there to get myself one RIGHT NOW!

He does stuff like that all the time, so his goals tend to change as he goes along, i find :p

Yeah, hes pretty cool ;)
"In a world full of pits and sinkholes, you dance the edges." Ganoes Paran

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users