• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pre-Orders up on Amazon

#1 User is offline   El Heavio 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

Not sure if this is old news, but I received an email from Amazon this morning telling me that 'Orb, Sceptre, Throne' is available for pre-order.

Orb, Sceptre, Throne on Amazon

December 8th.

This post has been edited by El Heavio: 28 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

#2 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

fucking Amazon.co.uk flipped their release date to next year now!

Arg!

I had it pre-ordered and got an email, the release date has changed to January 2012. fuckers.

Still, it's cheaper and still a month earlier than .ca has it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#3 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

Yeh people have already pre ordered it and are aware of the altered release date.

Though with this in January and Forge of Darkness out in August...tis a good year to be a malaz junkie

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:26 PM

Just got this...

-----Original Message-----
From: Amazon.co.uk <order-update@amazon.co.uk> [mailto:order-update@amazon.co.uk]
Subject: Your Amazon.co.uk order

Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Ian Cameron Esslemont "Orb Sceptre Throne (Malazan Empire 4)"

Estimated arrival date: January 27 2012 - February 01 2012

...Amazon.co.uk

View Posttiam, on 12 November 2011 - 07:01 PM, said:

...Though with this in January and Forge of Darkness out in August...tis a good year to be a malaz junkie

Yep - i find it hard to be too disappointed considering.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

That sucks major old man balls about the second delay though

#6 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:50 PM

Haha, I know. I'm just bitching and moaning because I'm impatient, even though it's only like a month or two.

Still you guys are right, more ICE and new Erikson next year....it will be a GOOD YEAR!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7 User is offline   Ben Delat 

• Sergeant

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:15 PM

Amazon in the US has it listed at 2-28-2012 and friggin bn.com(barnes and noble) have it listed as May 22, 2012 because they smoke crack.

has it been discussed who the dude weilding what looks like a rapier on the front is? I can't think of that many people who used that kind of weapon except council members, Bellam.........yep thats about it. Though dueling is big in daru so it could be anyone.

#8 User is offline   Orlion 

• Captain
  • Interests:Amontillado Tofu.

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

And what's up with the Americanization (read:bastardization) of the word 'sceptre' on the Barnes & Nobles website? TOOOOOORRRRRR!<_<

#9 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

Whatevs. What I find weirder is that the Tor version omits the commas.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#10 User is offline   arbitrage 

• Recruit

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:36 AM

Just noticed that both amazon.com ( http://www.amazon.co...25896629&sr=1-1 ) and .co.uk ( http://www.amazon.co...25896257&sr=1-1 ) have the Kindle version now listed. 17.02USD or 10.98GBP. Just preordered to have it on Jan 19th via Amazon.com, better than waiting for some slow british/canada post to deliver it to Canada.

This post has been edited by arbitrage: 07 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

#11 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:09 AM

View Postarbitrage, on 07 January 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

Just noticed that both amazon.com ( http://www.amazon.co...25896629&sr=1-1 ) and .co.uk ( http://www.amazon.co...25896257&sr=1-1 ) have the Kindle version now listed. 17.02USD or 10.98GBP. Just preordered to have it on Jan 19th via Amazon.com, better than waiting for some slow british/canada post to deliver it to Canada.

When I go to amazon.com it says the pricing info is unavailable and it doesn't give me the option to pre-order it.

#12 User is offline   Ben Delat 

• Sergeant

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

I was about to go pre-order and Amazon.com is still showing a May 22 release date for both paperback and hardcover. Not sure whats up with that date but I am going to hold off for now until I can confirm.

edit: bn.com is also showing 5-22, is this a new US release date? If so I will need to get one of of the guys I know in the UK to send me one.

This post has been edited by Ben Delat: 09 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

#13 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

Yeah, I think May 22 is the new US release date. Tor/Forge doesn't even have a listing up on their site yet.

You think they'd have figured out by now that they're losing money from the diehard fans this way.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#14 User is offline   You've Got Mael! 

• Recruit

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:36 PM

View PostBen Delat, on 09 January 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

edit: bn.com is also showing 5-22, is this a new US release date? If so I will need to get one of of the guys I know in the UK to send me one.

Why not order it from amazon.co.uk ?

They ship to the US.

#15 User is offline   Ben Delat 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

that is exactly what I am going to do, I have ordered blue rays from the uk site before and had great shipping time so I will do the same here.

Thanks.

#16 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

I learned my lesson back at MT... all my new Malazan pre-orders go through amazon.uk now.

The .com and .ca play way too fast and loose with street dates, and Indigo-Chapters is no better.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#17 User is offline   Abalieno 

• Fist

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

Not in topic, but a due suggestion: the same day that "Orb, Sceptre, Throne" comes out is ALSO the day that a book by Steven Erikson comes out: This River Awakens

DO NOT overlook this book thinking it's some kind of minor work by Erikson unrelated to Malazan. While it's not set in Malazan it's still deeply connected with all its themes and I personally consider it the best thing I've read of him. It is exceptional and it is a fundamental read to truly understand Malazan.

My review's here: http://loopingworld....-river-awakens/
Including some comments by Erikson, if you're interested.

Just saying that you shouldn't ignore either book, and Erikson's one deserves both the attention for its worth, and some love because it's a masterpiece risking being ignored.

This post has been edited by Abalieno: 10 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

#MrSkimpole

Feed then or perish. Life is but a search for gardens and gentle refuge, and here I sit waging the sweetest war, for I shall not die while a single tale remains to be told. Even the gods must wait spellbound.
Crack'd Pot Trail

#18 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostAbyss, on 10 January 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

I learned my lesson back at MT... all my new Malazan pre-orders go through amazon.uk now.

Don't forget to use the affiliate links!
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#19 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostAbalieno, on 10 January 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Not in topic, but a due suggestion: the same day that "Orb, Sceptre, Throne" comes out is ALSO the day that a book by Steven Erikson comes out: This River Awakens

DO NOT overlook this book thinking it's some kind of minor work by Erikson unrelated to Malazan. While it's not set in Malazan it's still deeply connected with all its themes and I personally consider it the best thing I've read of him. It is exceptional and it is a fundamental read to truly understand Malazan.

My review's here: http://loopingworld....-river-awakens/
Including some comments by Erikson, if you're interested.

Just saying that you shouldn't ignore either book, and Erikson's one deserves both the attention for its worth, and some love because it's a masterpiece risking being ignored.

Ab, thanks for that update and I probably will get SE's book too.

One question and I hope you are not too offended..
Are you STILL not finished MT?
Ya, I know you have stopped and gone on to a few other books and have been hanging about on Bakker's blog, but its been what, a year since you started?
Are you not afraid of spoilers when going into these later book sections? I would be. So many great events you could accidently come across in these threads which would ruin the future books for you.

#20 User is offline   Abalieno 

• Fist

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

View Postblackzoid, on 10 January 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

One question and I hope you are not too offended..
Are you STILL not finished MT?
Ya, I know you have stopped and gone on to a few other books and have been hanging about on Bakker's blog, but its been what, a year since you started?
Are you not afraid of spoilers when going into these later book sections? I would be. So many great events you could accidently come across in these threads which would ruin the future books for you.

I'm going slow. Read Gene Wolfe, Pynchon and other stuff in December. Finished Bolano's The Third Reich. Reading some Black Company, Abercrombie etc...

Read MT yesterday about what I guess is the final scene of Buruk the Pale ^_^

Not /too/ scared of spoilers. I don't read into posts that go in detail and most stuff is vague.
#MrSkimpole

Feed then or perish. Life is but a search for gardens and gentle refuge, and here I sit waging the sweetest war, for I shall not die while a single tale remains to be told. Even the gods must wait spellbound.
Crack'd Pot Trail

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users