#2 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:01 PM

I did an organized transcript here:

http://www.theorylan...read.php?t=5919

He's not done answering yet, but his latest comments are easiest to find (I'll be updating it).

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#3 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:21 PM

I really like the man's approach to his fanbase, and his stance on ebooks. It's very progressive and I hope authors like him manage to bully publishers into a realistic stance regarding digital media.

Tidbit from the Q&A that will probably get discussed a fair bit regarding the stormlight archive:

1) I had eight characters I wanted to tell a story about, and wanted to give each one a book to include flashbacks and specific character development. Once I got to outlining, I realized that I had material for about ten books, and ten was a very special number in the world. So I settled on that.

It will be paced and plotted much as the first, though I plan the future books to be a little shorter than the first establishing one. There will be two primary five-book arcs, so you could consider it two series of five, if you'd prefer.

So completely new main character in the next book? Or just a shift of focus onto someone who played a lesser role?
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#4 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:26 PM

He stated that all the main characters are introduced but the next books are going to have flash-backs from a different main character, and I believe he also said book 2 was Shallans 'flash-back' book.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#5 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:05 AM

View PostDutch Flag, on 01 September 2011 - 06:26 PM, said:

He stated that all the main characters are introduced but the next books are going to have flash-backs from a different main character, and I believe he also said book 2 was Shallans 'flash-back' book.

which i am looking forward to. much as I like dalinar, having a dalinar-centric book right after a book where he was the second-largest viewpoint could get... tiring.

one book i absolutely cannot wait for is the one where we finally get a hoid pov. i actually cackled with glee when i read that.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users