Malazan Empire: Borderlands Series! - Malazan Empire

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Borderlands Series! All of the gun looting goodness...

#401 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:58 PM

Ahhhh, looks like some meaty DLC is coming. I'm glad they are (and hope they continue) with providing DLC that is more than just a 'rinse and repeat' raid type grind. Sure those are fine, and I'm glad, for example, that Bloody Harvest was free and was entertaining, but keep up with this type of DLC, that I'm willing to pay for, that gives us story and new locations and missions (story & side) and of course new loot.

https://twitter.com/...008523622465536

- Disclaimer: I know there's still much to be revealed about what this DLC is, but as you can tell, I have high hopes.Posted Image

#402 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:12 PM

Ok, chop this up into a fine powder, place it on a spoon, put a lighter underneath and cook it up into a liquid, syringe that liquid gold and just shoot it directly into my veins! And take all my money while you are at it!

December 19th!

#403 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:32 PM

Yes please
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#404 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 November 2019 - 02:06 AM

The Maliwan Takedown is live. I tried to solo it with Mayhem II and didn't get anywhere. I may have to rethink this.

#405 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:19 PM

Over the weekend I made a few attempts at Maliwan Takedown. It's not great, in fact it's kind of a lot of shit. The matchmaking is terrible. If you die, you have to spectate until the rest of the team gets to the next stage, which can take forever so most players drop off. So, with that, I pretty much have stopped trying that activity.

I did travel around, going for 100% on some areas by reading all the Eridium Writing spots and finding red chests. I noticed with the latest update, they added some sorely needed vending machines in key areas. That's been a huge complaint - the dearth of vending machines.

I see there is Mayhem 4 now with the latest update, which I haven't even considered giving a try. I've rolled with Mayhem 2 and that is about my limit currently (even with 50 level cap). I tried Mayhem 3 once, and just couldn't tolerate how little damage I was doing to enemies. I can't even fathom what it's like in Mayhem 4. I'm guessing Mayhem 4 should only be used when you have a team of 4 and have your build-out and weapons calibrated for maximum effect, to the boss/area your team is going to attack.

#406 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 November 2019 - 09:10 PM

I forgot to mention that in Mayhem 3 (and it's very pronounced compared to Mayhem 2), is that the cheeky little sausages (enemies) will duck away and heal and replenish shields. So even if you whittle them down to just working on their health meter, you better jump on them quick and not let them sneak away, or it's back to spammin' them with shock weapons to bring their shields down again. Posted ImagePosted Image

#407 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:30 AM

View PostBfuckinK, on 28 November 2019 - 01:34 AM, said:

Malankazooie what kind of classes are there?

Seeing as you're getting cucked hard here...

This game's classes would be Siren, which plays like a hybrid of Brick and Maya (come on and SLAM, and welcome to the JAM), Operative which is more supportive but about sneaky misdirection, somewhere between Zer0 and Lilith I guess, Beastmaster which is basically a Hunter from WoW and Gunner which has a MEK WOT U WONNER PAYNT RED CUZ DA RED WUNZ GO FASTA.

Gunplay is generally nice but enemies in this instalment are way beefier, usually have a lot of HP and shielding/armour. Additionally ammo is much scarcer, there is no team ammo regen that I know of and no team health regen.

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#408 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 December 2019 - 04:49 AM

I'm proud to play a game that bucks the trends and stays true to its principles.

'Borderlands 3' Has Gone Three Months With Zero Microtransactions, A True Anomaly

#409 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 December 2019 - 03:50 PM

Gameplay action of the upcoming DLC.

#410 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 December 2019 - 04:27 PM

Got the update that released last week. Quite sizable for an update. I checked things out and see that it's in preparation for Moxxiee's Heist DLC that is about to drop. I guess new shift codes will be released (daily?) for Christmas celebration, through the Xmas season, and will be 'gifts' for us vault hunters. I got the most recent one which gives you the 'Juilet's Dazzle' legendary assault rifle. The selection screen is now Christmas festive, so I wonder if there will be more Christmas related activities.

Posted Image

#411 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 December 2019 - 04:42 PM

DLC drops tomorrow. I have Friday off from work, so if you guys don't hear from me after Friday for quite some time, don't be alarmed and notify my local police to do a welfare check at my residence. I'll be completed enveloped in this DLC, grubbing up all that sexy new loot. See any you vault hunters there?

#412 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:28 PM

Moxxi’s Heist of The Handsome Jackpot
So pumped now after reading a review from a source I rely on. It sounds like it's going to be a big DLC. And if you've been needing a Handsome Jack fix, you're going to get it. And the loot is supposed to be fantastic. Can't wait to dive in.

One thing Gearbox does better than most is release exemplary DLC. Hoping we eventually get a Tiny Tina DLC.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 19 December 2019 - 09:30 PM

#413 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:22 PM

Yeah, it looks awesome. Gonna have to carve out some time over the holidays.

#414 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:42 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 19 December 2019 - 10:34 PM, said:

View PostSlow Ben, on 19 December 2019 - 10:22 PM, said:

Have you tried Destiny?

No. I've had multiple people tell me i should, but have never gave it a shot.

#415 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:49 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 19 December 2019 - 10:22 PM, said:

Be sure to enter the shift codes that have come out recently. There's a cool gun, the rest have been skins or gun trinkets, so nothing earth shatteringly awesome or anything, but two of the ECHO skins that have come out are animated. There's a 'Reinskag' and a 'Snow Globe'. The Reinskag is my preference (it's pretty cool) and I'm rocking with that ECHO skin at the moment.

#416 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:00 PM

Jumped in over the weekend just to keep my skillz fresh and noticed I was getting more anointed and legendary than what I remember picking up normally. Did some searching and saw they have been live with something called "Farming Frenzy". So if you VHs have been unsuccessful getting that legendary you have your heart set on, it might be time to drop back in and have a go at it again. According to the info I found about Farming Frenzy, it ends on Jan. 30, so not much time left.

#417 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:56 PM

Looks like a level cap increase is coming, and a Valentine's event that will be a week in duration. This is all good news for me because there isn't much to do at the moment, other then grinding for legendary loot. Odd choice of a level cap though, as it is only going to 53 (from the current level cap @ 50). Also, glad the Valentine's event is going to be only one week. That Halloween/Bloody Harvest event that lasted into early December got annoying when it was bleeding into all areas and you were sick of messing with with ghosts.

BTW, just a comment about the Moxxi's Heist of the Handsome Jackpot DLC. If you guys haven't played it, you should. I would argue that it is as good (if not better) then the BL3 vanilla game/story. It's really a fun story and a blast to play. Pro-Tip - farm the corrosive variant exotic that Borman Nates drops and you'll melt through all the bots and their armor you come up against in the DLC.

BORDERLANDS 3 COMMUNITY LOVE LETTER: LEVEL CAP INCREASE, NEW SEASONAL EVENT, AND MORE!

Supposedly the next DLC announcement will be at the end of the month at PAX East. Stay on top of your game vault hunters.

#418 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 20 February 2020 - 11:12 PM

They're making a Borderlands movie apparently. Again.

I give it about an 18% chance of being good.

https://www.polygon....i-roth-director

#419 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:24 AM

Haven't plugged it in yet but this shift code is supposed to be good for 10 golden keys. Haven't had a lot of time to play, so I'm going to wait until I reach level 53 (the new lvl cap), to use them. Currently I'm level 52.

C3C3B-BB9SS-FTKHK-ZTWTB-99CRX

Normally, I figure you VHs are on top of these things, but as this is for 10 keys (that's a lot of loot!) I figured I'd do ya'll a solid and bring it to your attention. Jump on it if you haven't already, it expires March 3rd (according to their twitter).

BTW, I got all the rewards from the the Valentine's event . . .easy peezy, lemon squeezy. Really want to try out the legendary sniper rifle, but it's level 53. It's supposed to be really bitchin'.

#420 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 March 2020 - 04:16 PM

Oh shit, with all the Baldur's Gate 3 panty creaming I've been doing, I was totally amiss in not catching what's coming soon with Borderlands 3. New DLC! Looks like a new planet (ice/snow-like world), some cool kickass new enemies, and a wedding Posted ImagePosted Image. Borderlands does DLC right, you can't deny that, and I'm all over this like a fat kid is all over that last piece of chocolate cake. March 26 bitches! See you out there?Posted Image

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 02 March 2020 - 04:17 PM

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users