Malazan Empire: Borderlands Series! - Malazan Empire

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Borderlands Series! All of the gun looting goodness...

#181 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Downloaded the latest DLC. Level cap is now set at 72, so I have returned to ultimate vault hunter mode with my lvl 61 assassin and started working on the missions again. Just started the Assassinate the Assassins mission located in the Southpaw Steam & Power area. Holy shit! I totally forgot about this dialog you hear by some psycho bandits as you enter the main area:

I can still taste her lovely sweatbox! She fed me such tears of ecstasy!

LIAR! I ripped out her bumpy tummy and her hot screams were for ME!

NO! Mommy bled for us both! She bled for us BOTH!

Disturbing.

#182 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

GDC 13: Designing Humor in Borderlands 2
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#183 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Just a friendly message for you vault hunters. In the past week or so Gearbox has provided shift codes for a shit ton of keys. I have unlocked 20 keys myself. Not sure is some of the codes have expired or not, I know some are good until Sept. 30. Check the Gearbox twitter to get yours.

#184 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:40 PM

Any of you vault hunters get the Thanksgiving DLC? The Wattle Gobbler is giving me fits. I've tried and tried to throttle that cock gobbler but have failed each time. I'm on UVH mode, maybe I should drop down to TVH mode; I don't want to though.

#185 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:56 PM

Still waiting for that second season before replaying the game. Two full seasons of content should be quite a ride.

#186 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

The holiday themed DLCs have been a lot of fun (so far Halloween and Thanksgiving). They are short though. I wonder if there will be a Christmas DLC.

#187 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

*flicks dust off shoulder - - Bagged my first "GOD-liath" (which begins as a Badass Goliath and levels five more times to reach the pinnacle of goliath badassery). Accomplished this on UVHM too. - - *flicks some more dust off shoulder

Holy hell but did he have a lot of health. I lucked out because he was "stuck" and I just kept sniping at him. It took forever!

#188 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist
  • Interests:Reading MBotF and Playing 360/PC

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:23 AM

Sorry to Necro an old thread, but in the spirit of the confirmation Borderlands 3 is in production, is anyone still playing BL2?

I just recently got back into it after having an itch that only Pandora could scratch. Decided to try a Gunzerker rather than my normal melee Zero.

Just started Sawtooth (NVHM lvl 27) and as someone who is used to melee and sitting back sniping, I am finding it a challenge going balls to the wall. Thankfully I have a slag Rubi which does help while zerking.
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore
Founder of the Crimson Guard

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#189 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

############### Thread Necro ##############

Hey guys. I guess I could have put this in the regular old video games thread, but I really wanted you Borderlands fans to take notice, so putting this here.

If you haven't played Tales from the Borderlands, it's free with Xbox Gold subscription next month (November). It takes place after Borderlands 2. It is excellent and I highly recommend playing it. Even if you are not a fan of Telltale Games' style, the story is very much worth investing your time into. And hey, you can't beat the price.

#190 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:18 PM

Seconding that recommendation. The Telltale video game formula is pretty tired by now but Tales from the Borderlands was something special. Probably my favorite story that year.

It's well written, funny, clever and it actually serves as vehicle to wrap up the story of Pandora and the Hyperion Corporation and hints at what the concept of Borderlands 3: Borderworlds? will be like. There's some seriously heavy and memorable moments in the game.

#191 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:22 PM

Sweeeeet. I love Borderlands, but never gave this a shot. Thanks fellas.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#192 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

Has there been anything leaked or teased about a Borderlands 3? It seems as if there has been enough time since the Pre-Sequel came out that whispers of a next title should be starting to circulate round the internet.

#193 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

Just that its "In production". Thats it.

#194 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:22 PM

Darn. I was hoping there was more. I know there was a tech demo that 2K Games did like a year ago or something and people who picked the demo apart said it looked like some of the demo could have been early Borderlands 3 development.

#195 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:15 PM

Hints dropped that Borderlands 3 is coming early 2019. That would be sweeeeeeeet!

I'd post the article but closed my browser. Google-fu skills should get you to it.

#196 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:36 PM

Until I see a proper outline of the game I am holding back my excitement. I really liked Borderlands 2 but I am slightly worried about what Gearbox does next.

#197 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:56 PM

Apt, you hold back your excitement while i play you a sick guitar solo.

SQUEEDLYBAMBLYFEEDLYMEEDLYMOWWWWWW NEEYOOOOOW WOWOWWOOOOAAAAOW NANANERNAWOWOWOWOWW!!!

This post has been edited by Slow Ben: 06 February 2018 - 10:56 PM

#198 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:12 AM

Funny, I only just re-installed Borderlands 2 on my pc at the weekend. Me and a mate tried to play co-op on it a few years back but it gave me awful motion sickness and I had to quit. But we're looking for co-op games to play to get away from our usual FIFA/Madden/NHL drudgery so thought we'd give it a go again. I'm hoping using a controller rather than mouse and keyboard will help with the motion sickness (plus reducing the FOV) as the image won't jerk around so much.

This post has been edited by Serenity: 07 February 2018 - 08:12 AM

#199 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:37 AM

View PostSerenity, on 07 February 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

Funny, I only just re-installed Borderlands 2 on my pc at the weekend. Me and a mate tried to play co-op on it a few years back but it gave me awful motion sickness and I had to quit. But we're looking for co-op games to play to get away from our usual FIFA/Madden/NHL drudgery so thought we'd give it a go again. I'm hoping using a controller rather than mouse and keyboard will help with the motion sickness (plus reducing the FOV) as the image won't jerk around so much.

Damn, first Red Dead Redemption then GTA V and now maybe Borderlands 2. You feeling guilt about not completing some of the best titles to come out over the past decade or something? Posted Image

You gotta stay with it now and finish Borderlands 2 (and then play the excellent DLC). It's right up there with RDR and GTA V.

#200 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:50 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 07 February 2018 - 10:37 AM, said:

View PostSerenity, on 07 February 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

Damn, first Red Dead Redemption then GTA V and now maybe Borderlands 2. You feeling guilt about not completing some of the best titles to come out over the past decade or something? Posted Image

Actually, yeah :( Instead of buying new games all the time I'm trying to go back and play the ones I already own but didn't complete. I've already pretty much decided Arkham City will be my next single player project :p

Borderlands 2 will very much depend on my motion sickness issue, though, regardless of how good it is. I had similar problems with BioShock Infinite and Firewatch, too Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users