Malazan Empire: Brand new member here - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brand new member here And I've got a question ...

#1 User is offline   Minnea 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

Hello everyone!

I call myself Minnea in various places on the web - and now I've found my way here. In RL I'm in Sweden ... for fun I'm in different fantasy worlds (including some I've made up myself to write in).
These books have been suggested to me for quite a while now, by friends and in other forums.... and I'm curious. Anticipating :)

I have bought the first book. Not started yet, but planning to so quite soon. And that brings me to the question:
In other forums I'm in, there have been some people that post reactions and reflecions on their first reading of the books. Would any here be interested if I try to do that? And, if you think that's a good idea - where should I post that?

I will definetly keep away from spoilers, so I suppose most of these forums are "banned" to me for a while yet... perhaps a bit of lurking but I know that might be too tempting and I really would like to get into this with a fresh mind.

Anyways, I look forward to get to know people here!

/ Minnea

#2 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:14 PM

Welcome aboard!

View PostMinnea, on 08 August 2011 - 08:49 PM, said:

In other forums I'm in, there have been some people that post reactions and reflecions on their first reading of the books. Would any here be interested if I try to do that? And, if you think that's a good idea - where should I post that?

Go for it, I'm sure there will be plenty of interest. It's always fun reading someone's first impressions for those of us who know how it all ends. Oftentimes they're wrong and yet sometimes we're astounded by people making instinctive connections it takes most people 8 books to figure out.

I'd say the best place to post it would be in each book sub-forum itself. Just specify clearly at the start of the thread that you are in the process of reading it and people won't post any spoilers in your thread. The other threads in the each sub-forum are allowed to include spoilers up to the end of that book, though, so don't go into them until you're done each book!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users