Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

audiobooks just wanna get a feel for you guys

#1 User is offline   setsoru 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:23 AM

EDIT: Poll closed due to Code of Conduct conflicts. Please do not ask about or petition the user for these audiobook links, as further discussion of them will be considered a serious breach of the CoC. Thank you.
-Silencer

Firstly to admins, i don't know if im allowed to post links here, so that's why i haven't.

Secondly i don't see anything wrong with downloading these audio books, because i own all the books i am downloading the audio for, and (similarly to many of you) i have looked over and over to purchase these audiobooks, but i cannot find them anywhere.

Anyhoo,
I have links to up to book 7 in audio book form, (torrents ofc) but i also have the torrent file in case demonoid starts blocking people.

If i have broken any rules please let me know and i will amend this post.

Also im new here, so hi :(

#2 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:22 AM

I'll say it first cos you're likely to get an admin reply soon, but since this site is (at least) a semi-official representation of Erikson and Esslemont's works, you shouldn't be posting ANYTHING which could be considered illegal on the boards. Especially something like links to audiobooks, unless they are legally free.

I understand that they may be links to titles that YOU own already, but you are still in effect encouraging questionable behaviour in others. While I'm sure you mean this in a positive manner, this site cannot be seen to condone ANY behaviour which would reflect negatively on the authors whose work we admire so much.

My suggestion would be to ask a mod to delete this thread.

Aside from all that, welcome to the forum. And if you are having difficulty finding legitimate means to find any books/audiobooks, maybe post a question in the OTHER LITERATURE section and ask some of the (frighteningly) well informed people there.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#3 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:54 AM

To directly cite our Code of Conduct on this matter:

Piracy/Warez
Do not post links to piracy or warez websites or mention where or how people can do such things. Even cleverly or creatively letting people know where to go is not permitted. Malazan Empire is a representative site of our favorite author. Do not post something that might jeopardize this. 1st time is a warning, 2nd time and you will be banned.

In light of this, I will remove the poll - please do not discuss these links again, though.

Also, it is most appreciated that you are asking before linking, but as I am not aware of any *official* audiobook projects, I'd hazard a guess that the reason you cannot find legitimate copies is because they do not exist, and are in fact only available via unofficial channels...which could very well be a case of copyright infringement before we even talk about piracy. :(

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users