Malazan Empire: Game of Thrones panel from San Diego Comic-Con - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1

Game of Thrones panel from San Diego Comic-Con Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:46 AM

A 40-minute clip of the Game of Thrones from SDCC here!

Enjoy!

Patrick
For book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, related articles and news, and much more, check out www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

#2 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:18 AM

Nice. Thank you sir.

#3 User is offline   Held 

• Corporal
  • Interests:Epic world building fantasy...SE the best.

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:33 AM

Thanks. Great to see the acters out of character.

“You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” --Paul Sweeney

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

Interesting comment about a major divergence from the books in S3 if S3 happens...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

My co-blogger Chris was actually there for that panel and will hopefully have some insight from the front lines once his brain recovers in Toronto from his SDCC adventure. We'll probably talk about it on the forthcoming podcast for IcebergInk.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:03 PM

View PostAbyss, on 25 July 2011 - 04:29 PM, said:

Interesting comment about a major divergence from the books in S3 if S3 happens...

ASoS is a monster of a book. So I figure that some stuff will have to be either cut or pushed back to the following season...

Patrick
For book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, related articles and news, and much more, check out www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

#7 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:10 AM

cheers for posting this here Pat. Was a pretty enjoyable panel discussion. Was funny how much attention DROGO got considering his demise.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#8 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

View Postpat5150, on 25 July 2011 - 10:03 PM, said:

ASoS is a monster of a book. So I figure that some stuff will have to be either cut or pushed back to the following season...

Patrick

Totally possible, perhaps even likely, but the comment seemed to suggest a deviation in the sense of 'Character X doesn't die'.

#9 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

View PostAbyss, on 27 July 2011 - 02:31 PM, said:

Patrick

Totally possible, perhaps even likely, but the comment seemed to suggest a deviation in the sense of 'Character X doesn't die'.

Don't they also reference the "RW" in the panel, though, and how they hope they'll be able to get to it? (I read an account, haven't watched it yet.)

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#10 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:33 PM

View PostCeda Cicero, on 27 July 2011 - 03:28 PM, said:

...Don't they also reference the "RW" in the panel, though, and how they hope they'll be able to get to it? (I read an account, haven't watched it yet.)

i don't believe for a second that they won't, most likely at the finale of S3, but it may be very different outcome.

#11 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

Patrick

I doubt that GRRM would go for that. Remember, Martin refuses offers for years because none of them gave them any control over the final product. Robb not dying at the Red Wedding would not only rob this scene of its impact, but so many other threads depend on his death that it wouldn't be ASOIAF otherwise...

Patrick

#12 User is offline   Cobbles 

• Captain

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:13 PM

View Postpat5150, on 01 August 2011 - 01:46 PM, said:

Patrick

I doubt that GRRM would go for that. Remember, Martin refuses offers for years because none of them gave them any control over the final product. Robb not dying at the Red Wedding would not only rob this scene of its impact, but so many other threads depend on his death that it wouldn't be ASOIAF otherwise...

Patrick

I said it here before. My feeling is that they will start deviating from the books by season 3 for several reasons. Mostly because by the end of 'Storm' there's really no where to go for the story (see the two duds Feast and Dance). Also, they need to connect the East and West; five books of virtually unconnected story lines doesn't work (again, see 'Feast' and 'Dance'). Third, if they follow Martins books, by the time they hit 'Dance' they'll have to make up their own story anyway (because one thing is certain: Martin won't have finished #6).

Much better to start deviating halfway through 'Storm' and have Hollywood writers come up with a satisfying conclusion of the 'Song' in Season 4, wrapping up Dany, the Others, the Wall, Kings Landing etc in a stunning finale. To tell the truth, it's probably going to be a better end than Martins own (if he ever gets around writing one).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users