#401 User is offline   Grimjazz 

• Old Guard
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

View Postblanketman2.0, on 18 February 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

View PostGrimjazz, on 17 February 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

View Postworrywort, on 17 February 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

I've seen the anime, haven't read the originals. Thought it was fantastic though and wish it had been continued beyond one season.

Yeah the manga's cool but they should have continued to make the anime. The series gets really good afterward. The dvd's cover from book one to book twelve and Kentaro Miura has done like 35 and still going. The music in the series was also great and the animation was perfect for what they wanted to achieve.

there making a movie remake and continuing the story up to the fantasia arc for berserk

Really? Do you have a link on where this information came from. I'd love to read it.
'I am going to beat a god senseless.'

#402 User is offline   blanketman2.0 

• Sergeant

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:02 AM

View PostGrimjazz, on 18 February 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

I've seen the anime, haven't read the originals. Thought it was fantastic though and wish it had been continued beyond one season.

Yeah the manga's cool but they should have continued to make the anime. The series gets really good afterward. The dvd's cover from book one to book twelve and Kentaro Miura has done like 35 and still going. The music in the series was also great and the animation was perfect for what they wanted to achieve.

there making a movie remake and continuing the story up to the fantasia arc for berserk

Really? Do you have a link on where this information came from. I'd love to read it.

http://www.comicbook...e/news/?a=41882
blankets are always in style

#403 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

Got tired of waiting for more dubbed eps to rotate up on the Funimation site, and started watching it subbed instead. It took a few eps, but I finally settled into the Japanese character voices. :p

At any rate, I ought to be fully done up to ep 75 by tomorrow sometime.

And actually, though he is different, Japanese Luffy is still pretty damn funny.

Also, not sure why but the emotional beats in the scripts seem to come across as a little deeper in the Japanese cut. Not a bad thing at all.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#404 User is offline   Grimjazz 

• Old Guard
  • View gallery

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

View Postblanketman2.0, on 19 February 2012 - 06:02 AM, said:

View PostGrimjazz, on 18 February 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

http://www.comicbook...e/news/?a=41882

Ducking awesome!!!
'I am going to beat a god senseless.'

#405 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

From what I've heard, they're not continuations of the first anime at all though, but closer to a reboot. Still great news though.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#406 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:31 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 20 February 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

Also, not sure why but the emotional beats in the scripts seem to come across as a little deeper in the Japanese cut. Not a bad thing at all.

Interesting you point this out, as I've felt it to be true with almost every anime where I've checked the subs and dubs. Weird. O.o

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#407 User is offline   sappers rule 

• Sergeant
  • Interests:love reading

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

for me i prefer subs as i cant stand the dubbed voices i think i only ever liked 1or two dubbed animes ever.

#408 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:05 AM

GOOD dubs are few and far between, but there are some gems out there.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#409 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

ONE PIECE update, I am at episode 35 (2nd half of the Arlong Arc) and LOVE the back story about Nami and Nojiko. Great stuff.

Okay, I admit to adoring this ending song (the second one from the series so far) and every time an episode ends I find myself listening to it all the way through.

#410 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

The latest installment of Anime Wednesday is now up folks! Enjoy!

http://icebergink.bl...y-february.html

#411 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

http://www.youtube.c...ture=plpp_video

am so very very happy.

This post has been edited by BalrogLord: 24 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

#412 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostBalrogLord, on 24 February 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

It's good to know that it's ending, since I heard it's been dragging for a while now.

#413 User is offline   Chance 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

Damn...one could be happy about it or one could be sad, after all bleach occationally delivered pretty stunning animation and artwork (even script now and then...) even if the story was mostly poor and it had developed into a pretty poor show.

Well thats the end of the least consistent of the big three :smoke: at least in this format. The manga got one probably pretty long arc to go.

Would be interesting to see numbers on the show, as I had the impression that the series was still easily top three amongst most popular shows.

/Chance

#414 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

QT, at the end of the nami arch there is a fantastic song :smoke: I know it will get you pumped up!!

I would like to know if Steve have ever tasted anything like the quorl white milk, that knocked the bb's out.

A: Nope, but I gots me a good imagination.

#415 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

View PostChance, on 24 February 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

Damn...one could be happy about it or one could be sad, after all bleach occationally delivered pretty stunning animation and artwork (even script now and then...) even if the story was mostly poor and it had developed into a pretty poor show.

Well thats the end of the least consistent of the big three :smoke: at least in this format. The manga got one probably pretty long arc to go.

Would be interesting to see numbers on the show, as I had the impression that the series was still easily top three amongst most popular shows.

/Chance

Bleach was a great series... years ago. After the SS arc (the second one) the quality took a huge dip, and the author just copy and pasted the same arc for the new one, which is a terrible idea. the author is great a character design but terrible at fleshing out his stories, hence the drop in quality. That and the characters get 0 dvp whatsoever beyond a certain point. He just introduces even more characters (the character list for bleach rivals that of a malaz book). The series got dragged on way too long, it should have ended at Aizen, i didnt bother watching past that. And watching up to the point that aizen (the big baddy) was vainquished felt more like a chore then anything else.

I would still highly reccomend bleach to anyone, just only the first two arcs (up too ep 6x i think?). Dont watch the bounto arc. It did have a good filler arc involving the zanpakutos though.

#416 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:23 AM

After Aizen the potential was there for a really interesting re-set of the universe. Unfortunately Kubo has no idea how to structure a story in a sustainable manner and thus went with the Fullbring stuff.

Basically Bleach exists to satisfy Kubo's love of the aristeia style one-on-one duels and weird artwork. It does not exist to serve a storyline.

Also he created the single worst boss in the history of anime with the old dude who lets everyone revolt willy nilly and then fights his two oldest students all the time.

Wait, the more I think about it, the more I realize Bleach was a straight up mess from the arcs after Rukia got rescued. Kubo never set the series up in a way that would pass cursory examination or provide its own impetus and side-stories. It was all bankai bankai bankai after a while.

Whoever wrote the Bount filler arc is good though. That was some amazing stuff. I quit watching a while ago (after Aizen was defeated) but I do respect that Bount arc and the beginning rescue of Rukia as some exciting and decent writing.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#417 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

so what was the plot of the FB arc anyways? Im asuming in its in the manga as well

#418 User is offline   Chance 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

The point was probably to get Ichigos powers back after Aizen fight but who knows with Kubo. Which is pretty much the same as those ressurections we occationally hold against Erikson and anyone else who write consequences which end up not mattering.

I kinda of usually think of bleach as the first 63 episodes and some very occational good scenes since (Hueco Mundo Mayuri fight, Ichigo going full hollow at the end of Hueco Mundo, the panther arucards backstory, last Aizen fight and a few episodes leading up to it). Basically however any anime spending more then one episode for each fight scene is going to be shit more then occationally.

This post has been edited by Chance: 26 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

#419 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

I think the slide of the story started once Kubo gave the characters the ability to fly. Sometimes having boundaries on what the characters can do allows for more creativity - as in the cases of Superman (who has basically no limits) and Spiderman (who has some ridiculous powers but still has boundaries).
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#420 User is offline   blanketman2.0 

• Sergeant

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:26 AM

i will never look a toothbrush the same way why you may ask nisemonogatari episode 8

that is all
blankets are always in style

Share this topic:

• 241 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

14 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users