• You cannot reply to this topic

Anime

#281 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostSindriss, on 24 January 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

Quicktidal, disperse with these mad ravings regarding anime and read OP and FMA. They are both excellent. Like, extremely fantastic. OP is by far the best manga I've read. And the ending of FMA is nothing less than extraordinary.

Inb4 "this is anime thread" :D

While the mangas of those two stories are interesting and certainly the forerunners to the anime, ultimately the success of the story to the majority of us people rests upon the anime.

Plus the extended DavyBack arc was awesome.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#282 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:55 PM

The FMA: Brotherhood anime IS the manga. They co-ordinated and even finished at almost the same time on both. And therefore, by virtue of +sound and +motion and -leaving computer, -turning pages....the anime wins. :D

Can't speak for One Piece as I've neither read the manga nor watched the anime (anything with that many episodes is beyond by bandwidth capacity...FMA was pushing it with 64ish).

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#283 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:09 AM

View PostSilencer, on 24 January 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

The FMA: Brotherhood anime IS the manga. They co-ordinated and even finished at almost the same time on both. And therefore, by virtue of +sound and +motion and -leaving computer, -turning pages....the anime wins. :D

Can't speak for One Piece as I've neither read the manga nor watched the anime (anything with that many episodes is beyond by bandwidth capacity...FMA was pushing it with 64ish).

Not to worry, I RARELY read manga these days anyways, I much prefer anime.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#284 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

Hehe, same here. Though there is the occasional manga I see that, in all honesty, should hurry up and become an anime already, but I end up reading instead. :D

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#285 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:28 AM

HOLY FUCKING HELL. I AM CURRENTLY WATCHING 'CLANNAD' (MORE SPECIFICALLY THE SECOND SEASON, SUBTITLED 'AFTER STORY'). WHY IS THIS NOT NAMED "TEARJERKING: THE ANIME"? WHY IS THERE NOT AN EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER WARNING LABEL ALL OVER THIS THING?!??!? ARGH! BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWww

I kid you not, so far this anime has ACTUALLY MADE ME CRY at least once. Motherfucker. Silencer's emotional development program? Complete. O>o

Shinrei said:

#286 User is offline   blanketman2.0 

• Sergeant

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:27 AM

View PostSilencer, on 26 January 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

HOLY FUCKING HELL. I AM CURRENTLY WATCHING 'CLANNAD' (MORE SPECIFICALLY THE SECOND SEASON, SUBTITLED 'AFTER STORY'). WHY IS THIS NOT NAMED "TEARJERKING: THE ANIME"? WHY IS THERE NOT AN EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER WARNING LABEL ALL OVER THIS THING?!??!? ARGH! BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWww

I kid you not, so far this anime has ACTUALLY MADE ME CRY at least once. Motherfucker. Silencer's emotional development program? Complete. O>o

if you like clannad you might like kanon or air its made by the same people <<key visual>>
blankets are always in style

#287 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:36 AM

I might check them out once I've finished After Story...I'm currently taking a break from that though and watching some Baccano!, 'cuz I need the break before work. :S

Cheers. :D

Also, KyoAni...dayum but they are a good animation studio! Sure they mostly do slice-of-life stuff, but they have a really nice style, and the animation always looks great. Plus, so far, I've liked all of the stuff they've adapted. O.o

Shinrei said:

#288 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:24 AM

CLANNAD is on my list already on anime to watch.

There is simply not enough time!

I did spend all night watching NATSUME YUJIN-CHO and got through first season ( 13 episodes; excellent), moving onto second season next.

Also, BODACIOUS SPACE PIRATES....yep, still super awesome.

I'm giving more time to NATSUME because it has 4 seasons and BODACIOUS is only at like episode 4 so far, but I'm not neglecting it either.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#289 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:02 AM

If you have the patience for Malazan, you have the patience for One Piece.

Despite being 500+ episodes in and only apparently at the halfway point, every bit of it has been rewarding and looks to continue being of similar or better quality. It might be the best written show in TV history by the time it's over and done. That's how much esteem I put this thing in.

#290 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:08 AM

That may be so, however....

^That is the most relevant sentence in my post. XD

Can't stream it, download, and nor can I really afford to buy it, no one I know owns it or has a copy of it. Thus, no One Piece for me. :D

Shinrei said:

#291 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

View PostSilencer, on 26 January 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

Can't stream it, download, and nor can I really afford to buy it, no one I know owns it or has a copy of it. Thus, no One Piece for me. :D

Chop away at it in whatever bits you can do. It's not as if the entire thing must be firmly in your hands before you may commence viewing.

#292 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

OH FUCK NO CLANNAD! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DO THIS TO ME, RIGHT!??!?!

OH GOD.

TEARJERKING: THE ANIME - JUST GOT BETTER AT WHAT IT DOES BEST.

HOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW????????????????????????????????????????????

/goes off and curls up in a little ball, somewhere far away, weeping like a child. HOLY FUCK. :D

Shinrei said:

#293 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

Can anybody weigh in on FAIRY TALE? 115 episodes since 2009...it seems like it has a fairly heavy following.

#294 User is offline   Chance 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 26 January 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

Can anybody weigh in on FAIRY TALE? 115 episodes since 2009...it seems like it has a fairly heavy following.

More or less One Piece, Naruto, Bleach quality but less serious...it ain't great but it can be entertaining. A classic fighting based anime with more magic, comedy and crazy.

This post has been edited by Chance: 26 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

#295 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostChance, on 26 January 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 26 January 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

More or less One Piece, Naruto, Bleach quality but less serious...it ain't great but it can be entertaining. A classic fighting based anime with more magic, comedy and crazy.

Sounds like I'd be better off watching ONE PIECE.

#296 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

Silencer, why not try to read OP then? It takes very little bandwith to load the pages of the manga, and there are many places you can view it.

Quicktidal: Everyone is better off watching OP (or reading it). But Fairy Tail is okay quite good, although I feel the latest episodes are a bit silly. But nowhere near Bleach/Naruto lows!

Amph: Yes, I actually saw the anime up to the Davy matches, they were quite excellent. And the afro, my god, hilarious.

I would like to know if Steve have ever tasted anything like the quorl white milk, that knocked the bb's out.

A: Nope, but I gots me a good imagination.

#297 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

View PostSindriss, on 26 January 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

Amph: Yes, I actually saw the anime up to the Davy matches, they were quite excellent. And the afro, my god, hilarious.

Loved the afro.

The random moment in the series that caused me to laugh the hardest was in Water7, when those two girls hanging out with Franky get blown sideways by wind because their hair is so wildly impractical for walking around. Mozu and T-something? It was a throwaway moment, but it showed me that the creators are both paying attention to the little details and not above taking the piss out of something.

#298 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

View Postamphibian, on 26 January 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

View PostSindriss, on 26 January 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

Loved the afro.

The random moment in the series that caused me to laugh the hardest was in Water7, when those two girls hanging out with Franky get blown sideways by wind because their hair is so wildly impractical for walking around. Mozu and T-something? It was a throwaway moment, but it showed me that the creators are both paying attention to the little details and not above taking the piss out of something.

I love it when creators pay attention to things that "should" be ridiculous.

Like in the Eva Rebuilds, Asuka gets an even more tight and "pushy up" plug suit and she actually quasi-breaks the 4th wall and says "Could this thing GET any tighter and revealing? I mean, who designs these things anyways?!" I laughed my tail off at that.

#299 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

'Tis called lampshading and it is brilliant, yes. :)

Isn't that practically the whole POINT of Kyon in Haruhi? :) (Granted, he actually spends a lot of time breaking the fourth wall as well, but...)

Shinrei said:

#300 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:21 AM

Alright, well...fuck. I officially pronounce CLANNAD as the undisputed God of Tearjerking. Holy shit. QT, you need to either bump it up your list, or, if you fear the impact my reactions upthread may have in reducing your experience, down the list. :)

I honestly don't know if I want to ever rewatch this. Not because I'm particularly concerned about becoming less manly - it may be only the second thing I've ever *actually* cried over while watching, but hey - but rather because I'm concerned it will lose impact the second time around, and that would suck. :)

ARGH.

Shinrei said:

Share this topic:

• 241 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

40 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users