• You cannot reply to this topic

The game I'm playing is...

#4041 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:34 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 24 February 2021 - 08:50 AM, said:

Killed Kirin. Teabagged the corpse.

By comparison Rajang is much more fun. Hits like a truck but never felt unfair at any stage. Plus that parpy trumpet theme is great.

Rajang is fun, if kinda wonky in a 4 player hunt. The evil pickle is fun hunt if you want to see hit box oddity.

Safi'Jiva is probably my favorite hunt of MW:H + Iceborne. And the operatic music in the background where the singers just chant 'Safi Safi Safi'Jiva' is hilarious.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#4042 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 25 February 2021 - 08:54 AM

View PostObdigore, on 24 February 2021 - 01:34 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 24 February 2021 - 08:50 AM, said:

Killed Kirin. Teabagged the corpse.

By comparison Rajang is much more fun. Hits like a truck but never felt unfair at any stage. Plus that parpy trumpet theme is great.

Rajang is fun, if kinda wonky in a 4 player hunt. The evil pickle is fun hunt if you want to see hit box oddity.

Safi'Jiva is probably my favorite hunt of MW:H + Iceborne. And the operatic music in the background where the singers just chant 'Safi Safi Safi'Jiva' is hilarious.

I am an Insect Glaive exclusive. I am very, very used to wonky hitboxes. Probably the best so far was fighting Greatest Jagras. I had air vaulted to probably 20ft above the top of him, he charge forwards and it still caught me! I haven't gotten to Safi yet, currently doing the special assignment after Rajang.

Also Savage Jho is hilarious. That quest to kill Seething Baz, Jho rocks up and the first indication we had was the sound of a squirting wet fart flying towards us. And then Brachydios got involved as well. Pure chaos.

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#4043 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 01 March 2021 - 10:26 PM

Life gettign hectic, needed a chill-out game.

Started Yoku's Island Express last night, and it's a brilliant light-hearted pinball x metroidvania game. Having a blast exploring, filling in the map, and trying to collect everything.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#4044 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:44 AM

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. For a science fiction fan like me this is just hitting it out of the park. Brilliant characters, gripping story, enjoyable combat. I love the way you can pretty much choose how you play it and in what order you tackle the story. Amazing game. Has anyone else here played it?

#4045 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 02 March 2021 - 12:42 PM

MonHun continues - after five wipes, killed Raging Brachy. One issue as a Glaiveboi is that I use slinger ammo to power up my Buggly (Fly, my Buggly!) so it's often better for my general damage to not do flinch shots. Thankfully my hammer main bro deals with those for us. The successful kill, Ragey B didn't cart either of us once. Beautiful.

Furious George next. How will I fare against Super Sonic?

#4046 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 March 2021 - 08:40 PM

You're fucking welcome AC Valhalla n00bs. I'll be expecting a thank you shout out.... if you find it.

Posted Image

#4047 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 March 2021 - 06:35 PM

Bought an Xbox series X.

I probably should try out some new flashy looking release but instead I'm playing Halo Anniversary via the Master Chief Collection. These are some very crisp ancient textures.

I'd forgotten that, like Half-life, the first Halo was very focused on the cinematic story telling with a proper narrative. It's surprisingly good though of course limited by the antiquated game level design. But Bungie's famous great shooter feel is already there.

I plan on playing through all the Halo games before Halo Forever or what ever it's called comes out.

#4048 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 07 March 2021 - 04:18 PM

Finished Yoku's Island express, 100%-ed that sucka. took me way too long to get the last collectible for the true ending, b/c it would only show up on the map after I picked up a locator item, and I had to sit through 3 speech bubbles with an NPC to get it- skipping the convo meant I wouldn't get the item. So that was a bit annoying.

Started Foregone. The GOG version detected my Steam demo save, which was nice.

Each level has extra timed challenges you can re-play, and those are a pretty awesome way to grind for EXP and try to pick up better weapons.

Killed 2 bosses so far, pretty decent. The second boss unlocked aerial dash, so prolly gonna have to re-run some levels to see if I can spot more secrets with that skill.

Overall, really having fun with it- the gameplay is fast and fluid, and the levels are pretty short, so running through them again doesn't feel taxing; Enemy variety is pretty good so far, which is always a big plus for a game like this. I don't mind running the timed challenges, and mixing them up with more story missions gives the game a good rhythm for a drop-in, drop-out feel.

#4049 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 07 March 2021 - 06:16 PM

Downloading AOE2 DE

This is not a good idea

#4050 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:20 PM

View PostMacros, on 07 March 2021 - 06:16 PM, said:

Downloading AOE2 DE

This is not a good idea

There's tons of good stuff there, including the mod manager.

Since the game also has to run on the WinStore, DE isn't using Steam Workshop, and the Mod Manager can be a bit obtuse. But there's loads of good content in the game.

#4051 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 10 March 2021 - 11:00 AM

I've been playing Bravely Default 2. I wasn't going to buy it as I played quite a bit of the first game on 3DS but never finished. But this is great fun.

#4052 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 11 March 2021 - 03:55 PM

Beat the 3rd "Project" boss in Foregone, and picked up the last traversal ability- wall-climb (or rather, "stick to walls and slide down slowly" that gives you ability to jump awkwardly up a sheer cliff). Now I gotta re-rerun the prior levels to find the remaining secrets.

Got a sweet Mythic shotgun, as well as a Mythic scythe, but the scythe is too damn slow for my tastes.
The levels designs are pretty simplistic, but I like them. They keep bringing in new enemies and mixing things up, which is nice.

Also, those extra "missions" you unlock for each area are getting tougher. The second boss fight there was probably the hardest one.
Overall, not an astounding game, but I'm having fun with it.

#4053 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 March 2021 - 10:05 AM

As the first game on my new Series X, I started up the Master Chief Collection.

Just finished Halo: Combat Evolved.

As all Bungie games, the combat feel is still good all these years later but boy does the game feel old. Almost every level consists of you fighting your way from point A to B and then going back to A the exact same path, then to go to another location where you go from A to B and back again same path - AND THEN YOU GO BACK TO THE FIRST LOCATION AND GO FROM A TO B! I was so confused a lot of the time, because Halo 1 doesn't use waypoints very often, so when every room and corridor looks the same you get turned around easily.

The game is pretty brutal about throwing waves of enemies at you or throwing you into a large battle against Covenant and Flood and Tanks and flying grenades everywhere. No checkpoints. If you die, back to square one. God damn sticky grenades.

Also that final driving level is such a load of bullshit. Who designed that level? Who tested it and said "Yes, this is the amount of rage I want the player to feel at the end of the game, when they finish the last level"? I was cursing out loud as I bumper car'ed my way through that bullshit obstacle course. As far as I recall there's also a driving finish in Halo 2. Why are these developers such pricks???

Anyway, also started up Journey to the Savage Planet before it leaves Gamepass in April.

This game is fun. The humor is a bit much but the exploration and upgrade loop is fun. And the environment is thoroughly weird. Definitely playing more of this this weekend.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 19 March 2021 - 01:36 PM

#4054 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 19 March 2021 - 12:56 PM

Kick them birbs.

#4055 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 March 2021 - 01:16 PM

I feel so terrible every time I murder one of those bird things. But they got dat good carbon shit.

#4056 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 March 2021 - 05:49 PM

Guys, they've gone and done it . . .

Posted Image

Posted Image

. . . You Maniacs!

Posted Image

#4057 User is offline   Sheve 

• Fist

Posted 19 March 2021 - 11:51 PM

Been playing abit of Diablo 2 mods, mostly Path of Diablo.
They may cut your dick in half
And serve it to a pig
And though it hurts, you'll laugh
And dance a dickless jig

#4058 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 March 2021 - 03:06 PM

What's that about? Is it player made story content?

I've been playing Marvel's Avengers. It just got a next gen upgrade and it was 50% off so why not.

So far I'm really enjoying it. The writers aren't going to win any awards but the story is good. Using Kamala Khan as the centre for the assembling of the Avengers is a great choice.

And if you liked the new Tomb Raider games you'll recognise Crystal Dynamics hand in this. Lots of pretty environments and action packed scripted sequences.

We'll see what happens when I eventually start running into the much panned gear bullshit and end game or lack of the same.

#4059 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 March 2021 - 08:51 PM

Been casually playing Assassin's Creed: Valhalla for awhile now. I will jump in and play a few hours and not pick it up again for another week. ... been rinse and repeating that. The AC games just keep getting bigger and bigger, although I don't think this one is a big as Odyssey. But damn, I don't think I've moved the story even to the midway point. You can spend complete sessions just running down all mysteries / wealth / encounters / items etc., in each section. I'm at level 236 now and I came upon a legendary animal and it had that red skull deal to indicate I'm not high enough level to fight it yet. I placed it in my bow sights and its recommended level I should be is 390. Cripes man, what is the level cap of AC Valhalla?

#4060 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 March 2021 - 10:19 AM

Before playing more Avengers I finished Journey to the Savage Planet. That is a VERY good game. Don't sleep on that one. If you're into 3D exploration games mixed with Metroidvania progression this is pure fun.

Also decided to boot up Streets of Rage 4 on a whim (Gamepass is a hell of a drug). Put it on easy and played through it in 2-3 hours. If it wasn't because I was having fun with the podcast I was listening to while playing I might not have bothered.

I remember enjoying these kinds of games in the 80s-90s but games like Double Dragon and Golden Axe worked back then because there wasn't much else around that looked or played better. In this day and age a game like Streets of Rage just doesn't have much going for it. You walk forward punching and kicking and throwing stuff. Over and over and over. The lack of variety and creativity in Streets of Rage 4 is disappointing. Maybe the nostalgia for old fans of the series is enough but I just don't see the appeal.

Share this topic:

• 237 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users